Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Real Time Push Email on Devices with Pre-installed Nokia Messaging

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score

No Real Time Push Email on Devices with Pre-installed Nokia Messaging

Tried to find this on the Trial E75... I gave up and couldn't find it.

Now I have the N86.. Same thing!! Real Time Push Email is gone..

Your only sync options starts from 5 mins intervals and higher..

Sad as I enjoyed Real Time Push emails on devices without Nokia Messaging pre-installed (Nokia E71, N95, N96, N85, etc..)
    "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Follow me on TWITTER

HOFO FEEDBACK

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To get the push, you need to configure those devices via the SMS setup, rather than just typing in the email.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcadden
    To get the push, you need to configure those devices via the SMS setup, rather than just typing in the email.
    What he said. Go to http://email.nokia.com and provision the device. With the E75 you don't get an SMS in the normal sense, the phone just starts the provisioning process automatically. Works very well and I was pretty impressed when I trialed the E75.

EDIT: One benefit of trialing the E75 is that my subscription type has permanently changed from "Trial" to "Nokia Messaging subscription - purchased with device" Seems I have lifetime messaging now.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The situation was explained to me by Davis once. Some countries are 'activated', which means you can simply use the on-device setup to get everything you need. Other countries (such as the U.S.) aren't 'activated', which means you'll need to continue to use the SMS provisioning to get the proper setup.

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Emails on smartphones in 2009 should be like tap water in your home, your turn on the faucet and its there, why is it so complicated for Nokia?

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcadden
    Ok.. A little more help on how to do the SMS Provisioning..

Device(s)
    e71-2
    Carrier(s)
    cityfido
    Feedback Score
    For you guys using the pre-installed version....is it any more reliable? I'm getting spoiled by BB's email.
    pin 211FE012

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawntwat
    This is the where I become a ...condescending prick... again and it never ends, it goes on and on in many threads. You think one thread would be enough but nooo, it goes on and on and never ends.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlo8
    Emails on smartphones in 2009 should be like tap water in your home, your turn on the faucet and its there, why is it so complicated for Nokia?
    I completely agree that Nokia seem to have a great knack for making the simple more complex than it needs to be - but in the end it really isn't all that complicated. Setting up the accounts on the web sitre is a bit easier than on the phones and then the text message to activate them all is a breeze. There is the built in client but if you want the Nokia messaging "upgrade" you have to go get it (if it's not pre-installed) . I will say this though, the memory problems on my N97 have totally stopped since I removed Nokia messaging from my phone and went with Profimail.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    Ok.. A little more help on how to do the SMS Provisioning..
    Thought I answered that for you. Go to http://email.nokia.com and log in to your account. Click install, select your device and then enter your phone number. Within seconds the phone will start the provisioning process and prompt you for your Nokia Messaging password and then starting syncing messages.

The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Device(s)
    More than you...
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonesh

EDIT: One benefit of trialing the E75 is that my subscription type has permanently changed from "Trial" to "Nokia Messaging subscription - purchased with device" Seems I have lifetime messaging now.
    I just noticed that, too.
    Winner, Third Annual S60 Hofies Award, Gold Medal, Most Schizophrenic Phone Owner, and Biggest Early Adopter

There will never be a perfect device..

If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

BST Feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...bostonirishguy

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Thought I answered that for you. Go to http://email.nokia.com and log in to your account. Click install, select your device and then enter your phone number. Within seconds the phone will start the provisioning process and prompt you for your Nokia Messaging password and then starting syncing messages.
    If I do that.. I receive a text from Nokia Messaging upon a link on downloading Nokia Messaging app.

Am I missing something? Should I have my Gmail configured on my Nokia Messaging app 1st before doing the SMS provisioning?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If I do that.. I receive a text from Nokia Messaging upon a link on downloading Nokia Messaging app.

Am I missing something? Should I have my Gmail configured on my Nokia Messaging app 1st before doing the SMS provisioning?
    that's exactly what you have to do. use the sms link to download the new email app. it is totally different than the built in email, its much much better. then you should get push email with the new app.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    that's exactly what you have to do. use the sms link to download the new email app. it is totally different than the built in email, its much much better. then you should get push email with the new app.
    The problem is.. It won't let me install over the installed Nokia Messaging app on my phone..

The Nokia Messaging app on the N86 is built in to the OS, its not even on the installed apps to be removed.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The problem is.. It won't let me install over the installed Nokia Messaging app on my phone..

The Nokia Messaging app on the N86 is built in to the OS, its not even on the installed apps to be removed.
    Are you selecting the N86 8MP as your device? On the E75 with the new client installed I never received an SMS, the device just started the provisioning process automatically since there was no software to download and install.

Device(s)
    Lumia 520
    Carrier(s)
    [at&t],
    Feedback Score
    Are you selecting the N86 8MP as your device? On the E75 with the new client installed I never received an SMS, the device just started the provisioning process automatically since there was no software to download and install.
    Yupz, This is what I did..

1st I go to email.nokia.com and log in. On the right side I click re-install.

takes me to another page.. Input my phone # and choose my phone at the bottom. (N86) then hit submit.

After couple of seconds.. I received a text from Nokia Messaging instructions and a link.

Open the link and it ask me to download and install the Nokia Email App.

Click on install.. It tells me that its not compatible to the version that I have and instructed me to remove my version, which is unremovable as its built in to the OS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast