Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Christians pray at Capital-okay; Muslims pray at Capital-protests

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt314159
    I think it takes just as much faith to be an Athiest. Without proof FOR or AGAINST, how can you be certain either way?
    I don't think I'd agree that it takes just as much, but it certainly takes a measurable amount of "faith" that a godlike deity absolutely does not exist.

I think agnosticism would be more along the lines of a "faithless," wait-and-see approach.

EDIT: Did you edit your last post, or did I really just not see that you said basically exactly what I just said?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think I was editing while you were posting. I added that last little bit and when I saved, I saw there was a new page to the thread.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    But the topic has shifted from the topic of evolution to the topic of a Deity. There's a morderately popular theory called theistic evolution, the idea that instead of a Big-Bang, there was a God who started the process of evolution.

Evidence of Evolution != Evidence that There is No God.

Without proof either way it takes a measure of faith to believe in the existance of God, OR believe without a doubt that there is NO God. An agnostic is probably the only one who doesn't really need faith, he just says, "I don't know if there's a god or not, in fact you really can't know one way or the other"
    Religious institutions have learned they cannot fight science forever, so they've reached a "common ground" by adopting theistic evolution. Another example of this is Copernicus' findings that the planets rotated around the sun. The Catholic church attacked this theory. Now it's conventional wisdom.

It takes absolute faith to believe in a God. It takes a lesser degree of faith to believe in that which has scientific evidence.

Device(s)
    G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT$T
    Feedback Score
    I can say there is no faith required to be an agnostic and to me its the only belief system that is 100% correct (although there are several levels of being agnostic so ???) because it assumes nothing and presumes nothing . Athiests to me are as annoying as religious people as they always have an agenda to push on you. It's an educated guess at best why we are here. I have my doubts that the Big-Bang Theory is right but I do know that Kaley Cuoco is nice to look at.
    Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    It takes absolute faith to believe in a God. It takes a lesser degree of faith to believe in that which has scientific evidence.
    But there is no scientific evidence that rules out a Diety that I know of. Even if Science proved every word of the Bible conclusifely FALSE, they still couldn't rule out the existence of a Divine Being of some kind, somewhere in the universe.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    But there is no scientific evidence that rules out a Diety that I know of. Even if Science proved every word of the Bible conclusifely FALSE, they still couldn't rule out the existence of a Divine Being of some kind, somewhere in the universe.
    There is no definition of God. When you believe in a God you believe in something you know nothing about. What should we be looking for?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There is no definition of God.
    any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

There you go, have fun disproving it.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    i think the point here is that your faith in science is only there when something is proven, and not before. you have faith the world is flat, until proven otherwise because thats all you can believe or see at the time. anyone having faith that the world was round would be just as stupid as those religious kooks because science hasn't proven the earth is round yet.

same goes for the planets rotating around the sun. if science can prove the sun rotates around the earth "sun dial method", then anyone who believes the earth rotates around the sun must be crazy cause science has proved them wrong!

live and let live man, if they believe something that hasn't been proven yet, why is it your place to call them out on it? in 200 years you may be incorrect in your belief of evolution based on the science of that time period.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force

There you go, have fun disproving it.
    You need to be more specific than that. We need a good description of God. You cannot look for that which has no characteristics. It's impossible to disprove the existance of a pink crocodile. It is possible, however, to disprove the existance of a pink crocodile in the Florida Everglades. Without a specific description of God, how can it be disproven? Surely you have a specific description. If you didn't, why would you believe what you do? "I believe in this thing that does stuff". OK!

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    live and let live man, if they believe something that hasn't been proven yet, why is it your place to call them out on it? in 200 years you may be incorrect in your belief of evolution based on the science of that time period.
    I agree

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You need to be more specific than that. We need a good description of God.
    I think you've just hit on a fundamental problem with disproving God via the scientific method. God has no mass, color, chemical signature, or DNA. Matt gave a pretty good definition of God, but it's not practical to apply weight and balance techniques to it.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    like I said, impossible to prove, impossible to disprove...

Does anybody else feel like this thread is pretty much played out? Sometimes it just gets so tiresome going 'round and 'round like this. I'm thinking of closing it, might be best for everybody, what do you think?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's not impossible to prove if you give more details. Of course, there are none. Religion wouldn't be nearly as lucrative as it is if we had more information on "God". Christianity is the world's largest cult.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'll take that as a "yes"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11