Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 164

Thread: Christians pray at Capital-okay; Muslims pray at Capital-protests

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florence, MT
    Posts
    7,029
    Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL1134
    I'm not against volunteering, helping people, feeding the homeless, etc of individuals. I have a problem with large groups of religious people affecting society. Mainly the contempt of science since that disproves religion.
    I've yet to see any REAL science that can positively disprove the creationist view. You can't seriously believe this evolution nonsense... do you have any proof? Any confirmed examples of Macroevolution anywhere? No? Seems like a lot of faith that you have in a system that has yet to be proven, or even make sense to a thinking person.
    You want to reject any teaching, books, or group that goes against your point of view (Bibles, for example), do you not?

    Quote Originally Posted by FL1134
    Do whatever you want as long as you don't infringe on someone else's rights. Ignoring global warming, forcing creationism in schools, and the list goes on. The ignorance of science is destroying society.
    Global warming... part of the natural warming and cooling cycles of our planet. Back in '74 they were all up in arms about 'Global Cooling' (link)

    Personally I'm all for going green to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.. but seriously, this movement to save the environment by driving a Prius? Give me a break.

    Frankly, I think my view on creation in schools is right in line with most reasonable, educated, rational Christians (we do exist). I don't want evolution out of the schools.. but comon, if you are going to teach a THEORY as fact, then at least teach alternative views as well. More than one theory could be taught in schools, and students could be left to decide for themselves.

    My Feedback

    Free eBook, worth a read.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,692
    Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    I like the fact that everytime a new fossil or human/ape skeleton is found it completely invalidates the last one and the beliefs that it was THE link to our evolution.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    6,270
    Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I dislike the fact that Israel leeches off the US.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    I've yet to see any REAL science that can positively disprove the creationist view. You can't seriously believe this evolution nonsense... do you have any proof? Any confirmed examples of Macroevolution anywhere? No? Seems like a lot of faith that you have in a system that has yet to be proven, or even make sense to a thinking person.
    You want to reject any teaching, books, or group that goes against your point of view (Bibles, for example), do you not?



    Global warming... part of the natural warming and cooling cycles of our planet. Back in '74 they were all up in arms about 'Global Cooling' (link)

    Personally I'm all for going green to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.. but seriously, this movement to save the environment by driving a Prius? Give me a break.

    Frankly, I think my view on creation in schools is right in line with most reasonable, educated, rational Christians (we do exist). I don't want evolution out of the schools.. but comon, if you are going to teach a THEORY as fact, then at least teach alternative views as well. More than one theory could be taught in schools, and students could be left to decide for themselves.
    Ive yet to see if Jesus ever existed. There was no proof. Unless you consider the writing of 5 different books to be the tell all of history.

    Leave religon, faith, belief and everything else not factual at home. As much as one forces his belief down your throat, you have another trying discredit his non belief. Religon has served it purpose..... to start a fight between us all!! "My way...no .... My way"

    what about life prior to Jesus? What about people and their beliefs prior to the story of jesus? They never existed? They never believed? Magic never happend? Some dude never parted the seas so people could walk a cross? No one ever built a boat that housed every animal to perseve life?

    A person can tell you that he can walk though the great wall of china (David copperfield) and youll say its an illusion because its not possible. But youll blindly follow and believe when a book tells you that after death he arose and flew to heaven? Or healed a person with just a touch!!

    Is as real as those spirtual healers on TV sunday mornings!! They are for real!!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    I dislike the fact that Israel leeches off the US.
    That makes you anti semitic!!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    6,270
    Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbonus
    That makes you anti semitic!!
    Can I use you as a reference when I apply to Fox News? That will guarantee me a position!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florence, MT
    Posts
    7,029
    Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbonus
    Ive yet to see if Jesus ever existed. There was no proof. Unless you consider the writing of 5 different books to be the tell all of history.

    Leave religon, faith, belief and everything else not factual at home. As much as one forces his belief down your throat, you have another trying discredit his non belief. Religon has served it purpose..... to start a fight between us all!! "My way...no .... My way"

    what about life prior to Jesus? What about people and their beliefs prior to the story of jesus? They never existed? They never believed? Magic never happend? Some dude never parted the seas so people could walk a cross? No one ever built a boat that housed every animal to perseve life?

    A person can tell you that he can walk though the great wall of china (David copperfield) and youll say its an illusion because its not possible. But youll blindly follow and believe when a book tells you that after death he arose and flew to heaven? Or healed a person with just a touch!!

    Is as real as those spirtual healers on TV sunday mornings!! They are for real!!
    The new testament (27 books.. not 5) does not invalidate the old testament, they compliment one another. Jesus validated the Old Testamen, He quoted from it, He preached from it... and the Old Testament predicted His coming.

    BTW, besides the Bible, Jesus was mentioned by His contemporaries.. even your secular history professors will agree that Jesus was in fact a real person.

    Some guy named Chuck Darwin wrote a book about how we all came from monkeys. Then some biology teacher told you that and you blindly follow him. How is my faith any different than yours? I've never physically seen Jesus, and you've never physically seen any proof of evolution. We both believe in what we decide to believe in, and just as much as you can belittle the beliefs of Christians (and Jews for that matter), I could belittle the beliefs of evolutionists. Insulting each other's beliefs doesn't lead to anything profitable though... why is it so unacceptable so teach BOTH views in the public school system? What are they afraid of?

    ...btw TV healers are an afront to true Christianity... but just because some whack job was selling cancer cures (Kurt Donsbach) doesn't mean that all anyone working to cure cancer is a loon. It just means you had one guy who figured out how to manipulate vulnerable people into handing over their money.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,119
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbonus
    Ive yet to see if Jesus ever existed. There was no proof.
    There is evidence for the existence of Jesus outside of the Bible. Writings by Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, Thallus, Phlegon are a few examples.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Strange since they are both praying to the same sky god. In some good news, there are more agnostics and atheists in the world this year.
    iPhone 3gs (home phone) + Motorola Razr (work phone) + Macbook Pro

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,638
    Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    FL thinks his opinion that religion sucks should be shared by all. He thinks you're stupid if you believe in a religion or have any faith in a higher power. That's pretty obvious from his posts. Maybe he was forced to attend Sunday School as a child and resents his grandmother.
    I don't want someone else's religious values and views affecting people who choose not to believe. I'm only against religion when you force it on to someone else. You can believe what ever you want.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,638
    Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    I've yet to see any REAL science that can positively disprove the creationist view. You can't seriously believe this evolution nonsense... do you have any proof? Any confirmed examples of Macroevolution anywhere? No? Seems like a lot of faith that you have in a system that has yet to be proven, or even make sense to a thinking person.
    You want to reject any teaching, books, or group that goes against your point of view (Bibles, for example), do you not?



    Global warming... part of the natural warming and cooling cycles of our planet. Back in '74 they were all up in arms about 'Global Cooling' (link)

    Personally I'm all for going green to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.. but seriously, this movement to save the environment by driving a Prius? Give me a break.

    Frankly, I think my view on creation in schools is right in line with most reasonable, educated, rational Christians (we do exist). I don't want evolution out of the schools.. but comon, if you are going to teach a THEORY as fact, then at least teach alternative views as well. More than one theory could be taught in schools, and students could be left to decide for themselves.
    I have a problem teaching creationism in public schools. There is absolutely no scientific basis for creationism. We have proof of evolution; there is no proof of creationism.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florence, MT
    Posts
    7,029
    Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL1134
    I have a problem teaching creationism in public schools. There is absolutely no scientific basis for creationism. We have proof of evolution; there is no proof of creationism.
    That's my whole point... There's proof of evolution? Where? I can just as easily say there's proof of creation. Hence, why both view should be presented, and at the very least evolution put forth as a THEORY which it is.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Northwest Iowa
    Posts
    7,756
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some people have so much "faith" in evolution that they can't even fathom the thought of other possible alternatives. I've gone rounds and rounds and eventually just gave up. Here is the other thread I was talking about.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    The new testament (27 books.. not 5) does not invalidate the old testament, they compliment one another. Jesus validated the Old Testamen, He quoted from it, He preached from it... and the Old Testament predicted His coming.

    BTW, besides the Bible, Jesus was mentioned by His contemporaries.. even your secular history professors will agree that Jesus was in fact a real person.

    Some guy named Chuck Darwin wrote a book about how we all came from monkeys. Then some biology teacher told you that and you blindly follow him. How is my faith any different than yours? I've never physically seen Jesus, and you've never physically seen any proof of evolution. We both believe in what we decide to believe in, and just as much as you can belittle the beliefs of Christians (and Jews for that matter), I could belittle the beliefs of evolutionists. Insulting each other's beliefs doesn't lead to anything profitable though... why is it so unacceptable so teach BOTH views in the public school system? What are they afraid of?

    ...btw TV healers are an afront to true Christianity... but just because some whack job was selling cancer cures (Kurt Donsbach) doesn't mean that all anyone working to cure cancer is a loon. It just means you had one guy who figured out how to manipulate vulnerable people into handing over their money.
    I have no problems in peoples personal beliefs or opinions. But you cant discredit science while promoting religon if thats the case. While I wasnt pointing out or generalizing about Christians / jews (Just so happens that they were apart of this thread with various posts), I was just using them as an example.

    Why shouldnt religon be taught in school? Because religon is always swayed by personal opinion. I may not see it the same way you see it. I may not take the text of a religous book in the same manner you do. This leads to preaching non factual beliefs to people based on how you see it. This is exactly what terrorist leaders and cult leaders do. They see the preaching and understand it to mean something more extreme.

    We should keep education in school and religon in churches and homes. Thats why we have churches and schools. With the diverse cultures in our society today, we would have to accomodate every single religon in school in order to be fair. That would take time away from students on learning core essentials as english and math.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frail
    There is evidence for the existence of Jesus outside of the Bible. Writings by Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, Thallus, Phlegon are a few examples.

    So what? Because these people wrote books post Jesus era makes them legit? That there is no possiblity they could have been influenced by stories told through generations? We are relying on what people wrote over time. Then we are investing out lives into believing text that was revised over time. Why does the old testament differ from the new testament. How can they change history?

    Im sorry, but in my opinion, stories change over time. People see and preach based on what they believe was true. This is not just about the bible, but the koran and whatever other holy books you would like to include in here. The only person from jesus era that has been proven to exist was Ponchos Pilates. His name was found engraved back in Rome in some sort of mini structure. Im not discrediting that Jesus didnt exist or you shouldnt believe in whatever faith you wish to, Im just questioning it. In Hinduism which pre dates Judism and christianity, their tales have gods that visited the sun and re incarnated with powers humans could never have. Because it was written and told in story, it must be true?

    Do Christians believe in reincarnation? Yet they claim jesus past and came back? Isnt that against what they believe?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks