Thread: flash 700wx rom onto verizon 700w?

Feedback Score

flash 700wx rom onto verizon 700w?

Hi, I'm trying to get my older verizon 700w to be 'unlocked' so I can use it with other carriers, specifically Mobi a local hawaii operator. I just bought a 700wx from them, after they told me they weren't able to flash or make my old phone work. Would it work to just pull the wx rom(proper term?) and put it on the 700w? Is there another way I should go about fixing the phone to work? Thank you.

-Evan

Feedback Score
    Somebody has got to have an idea about this. I was reffered to howardforums like this was the place to be... however over a week and nothing.

Feedback Score
    What's the purpose? The 700wx has twice the operating memory capacity of the 700w. Why are you trying to downgrade your phone? You can only have one phone per account line.

CDMA phones are basically locked to a carrier. I have heard a few carriers (MetroPCS & Cricket) and a couple of places on the internet will flash ROMs on a CDMA phones, but most don't because they don't share stolen ESNs between all the carriers. Even if you do have it flashed to a Mobi ROM, there is no guarantee Mobi will activate it.

Feedback Score
    My reason is because I have a perfectly good 700w, and my wife is interested in switching over to Mobi, she could have them flash her Rumor from sprint and may very well do that. However she likes the Treo. I don't really think I should have to buy a new one.