Thread: N95 user contemplating the N900

Device(s)
    N95-3 (6 gig memory card)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Just swapped for 3G)
    Feedback Score

N95 user contemplating the N900

So, I have had my n95 3g us version for quite some time. It's got plenty of memory but the user interface is getting a little slow and I'm starting to look for the next big thing. For a while, I had my eyes set on the n96 then the n97 but each time, couldn't justify the move up.

Will the N900 be worth the cashola that it will run? My biggest uses are typical calling, internet browsing, tethering, music, GPS (i don't have gps in my car so i need a phone that can suffice.. the n95 did an OK job at this), and the camera functionality (i don't have a real digital camera so i need a phone that can take on that challenge).

Also, if i buy it on amazon with the 3 year warranty, does that pretty mcuh cover everything except water?

Device(s)
    N95/Imobile 902/ Sharp 903
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the exact same situation. I have the N95 since its original launch (N95-1) and was debating about getting N97 as the upgrade but after reading a lot of reviews and user comments i decided that it did not offer enough new features to justify and upgrade but then N900 came into picture and after reading early previews I have already pre-ordered it.

I have exactly the same requirements as you and I believe that N900 seems to do all these things right. I would have liked 8mpx camera but 5mpx is good enough.

We'll just have to wait and see the reviews of production version to know exactly how it holds up but for now, it seems very promising.
    My HOFO feedbacks

My Ebay feedbacks

-------------------------------------------
    My Phone History:
    1. Nokia N900
    2. Motorola Milestone
    3. Nokia N95(Sold)
    4. I-mobile 902 (Sold)
    5. Sharp 903 (UK Version) - Still loving it
    6. Nokia N93 (Sold)
    7. SE S700i (Sold)
    8. xcute dv1 (Sold)
    9. Sharp 902 (Sold)
    10. Sharp Gx-32 (Sold)
    11. Sharp Tm150 (Sold)
    12. Moto V600 (Sold)
    13. Nokia 3595 (Sold)
    14. Samsung R225 (Sold)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    also, i'm on at&t here in the states. Will the n900 prove just as fast with data transmission as the n95-4 that i'm currently running? Will I be able to get 3.5g speeds via at&t with it?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    Id wait for reviews.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II, N900
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000_328ci
    also, i'm on at&t here in the states. Will the n900 prove just as fast with data transmission as the n95-4 that i'm currently running? Will I be able to get 3.5g speeds via at&t with it?

The N900 does not have ATT 3g. It DOES have Tmobile 3g. You will need to wait a little longer if you want one with ATT 3g

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I'd look at something intermediate. I'm also trying to stretch out my N95 as long as I can, and whether I go to the N900 depends on whether I decide to switch to Wind or not.

The N95 is kind of hard to upgrade from. About the only phone I see as a viable upgrade that also brings in some different features so you're not paying a bunch for a lot of the same is the Xperia X2 (also assuming it has the right 3g frequencies, otherwise not much advantage over the N900) due to the camera. Aside from the Xperia, WM and Android phones have crappy cameras, so you're kind of stuck on S60 (or eventually Maemo) if you want to keep a good phone.

I'd look at the Samsung Omnia HD (although again, I think it lacks the frequencies right now) or the Sony Ericsson Satio (again, frequencies I think) for a good camera.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    so it looks like i'm stuck with the n95 till the do a n900 for AT&T here in the states

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm kinda in the same situation, except I have an n82.

Have been wanting a new phone for a little bit now. But definitely want 3G on my next phone. N86 looks nice, but will have to go to at&t, and to top it off, the n86 isn't that much different than n82. Yeah, better camera, new design, update s60, etc. But not going to really be anything new for me, really just the same phone in a new shell. Might as well keep my n82 and save the money.

Have been going back and forth on getting android for some time now too. Hero looks nice, but no 3G. And not sure if that phone is for me. Can do G1, but EVERYONE at my work has a G1, plus G1 has been out for so long now.

N900 is perfect. T-mobile 3G which is great, linux based which is greater, and nokia n-series. Will have the rareness to it since nobody I know will have one. Will be great for work. I think this will be my next phone.