Thread: Store Reps - Moving to TELUS, Bell, or Wind Mobile?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Store Reps - Moving to TELUS, Bell, or Wind Mobile?

As most of you might know, TELUS and Bell are launching their HSPA+ Network at 21Mbps, the same as what Rogers just launched. Wind Mobile is also about to launch. There will be a huge shakeup in the next 3 months.

- Rogers / Fido lose their "Network Advantage" as their exclusivity for SIM cards is about to end.

- TELUS and Bell HSPA+ Network's 3G coverage is far greater than the Rogers network.

-TELUS and Bell are launching the phone that brought all the customers to Rogers, Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS.

- Wind Mobile is going to launch much cheaper price plans and a wide selection of handsets on their AWS network..

- TELUS and Bell have a lot of high end popular devices that are rumored to launch, and plan on offering Unlimited data plans for iPhone.

So the big question is, as sales drop for store reps because of 3 big influences around the corner, are any of you considering jumping boat for the other companies who are about to see a serious climb in customers? and another company who will really be getting a overflowing stream of new customers?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Depends on incentives and pay scales.

FIDO $60/10GB + 5 hours unlimited data
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Work for a 3rd party store(or open one yourself) that sells all of them? :P
    It's all fun and game until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The iPhone being on another carrier will not affect the vast majority of Fido's customer base; pretty much every customer that goes to Fido wants a "free phone" that requires no deposit. This is why Fido caters to this, ie: the Nokia 1661. This will however change the game for international students that come to Canada and want sim cards for their phones. Previously, Fido was a great option for them because of the low monthly rates. If Bell or Telus (or even Koodo?) offer cheaper monthly rates on sim cards this might change that - but even still, only new 3G HSPA smartphones will work on Bell/Telus, 2G unlocked phones *will not work*, so this really limits the amount of third party phones that can be used on their network (while GSM phones can only work with Fido/Rogers in Canada). WIND, of course, cannot use almost all unlocked phones due to frequency issues. I don't really see much of a shift at Fido's end.

Fido store reps should sell the same, if not more, given the fact more sim card-based phones will now be available in Canada from Bell and Telus, and can be unlocked and sold second-hand. Roger's reps - on the other hand - are in danger of losing their exclusive "high end" HSPA phone niche.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    our "fido cares" sales points still stand

unless everyone starts offering per second billing and unlimited texting, fido will still be favoured by many

i've never had any of my customers switch out of fido yet, and unless telus and bell launch an anti-fido ad campaign, nobody's gonna notice the change
    I'm in it to finish.

Carrier(s)
    Ted Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If anything, wouldn't this increase our iPhone sales now?

Bell, Telus, Rogers - Expensive plans, per minute billing, more expensive add-on options like texting, call display, etc. etc...

Fido - undercuts everyone LOL... per second billing, unlimited texting, no access fees, fido dollars, refer a friend... i think it works in our favour now more than anything - people will really be able to see the price difference (hopefully) of Fido...

...why would anyone want to buy an iPhone on any of the other brands?
    //str8

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2 Unbranded/Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Because most people are not very smart
    Current Plan (Fido)
    17.50$ 200 daytime, Unlimited evenings/weekends
    30.00$ 1GB Data Package | 6.00$ Call Display | 5.00$ 200 Text Messages
    6.95$ SAF | 0.50$ 911 emergency service fee
    -50% Employee Discount
    = 32.98$ + tax
    SE w980 | SE z520a | Moto ROKR | Moto v66 | Nokia 3525

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, People care about 3 main things

- Price Plans
    - Handsets
    - Coverage

People dont care about Fido dollars, especially after there are no more renewals and you can only use them on handsets. Refer a friend program needs to be revamped so more people can do it at convinence.

When there are student plans and My5, people will go for that, especially when all the commercials are for Rogers, TELUS, and Bell, and none for Fido.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondElite
    Well, People care about 3 main things

- Price Plans
    - Handsets
    - Coverage

People dont care about Fido dollars, especially after there are no more renewals and you can only use them on handsets. Refer a friend program needs to be revamped so more people can do it at convinence.

When there are student plans and My5, people will go for that, especially when all the commercials are for Rogers, TELUS, and Bell, and none for Fido.
    Ding ding ding ding. Rogers won't market the poor dog enough.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by incidents
    The iPhone being on another carrier will not affect the vast majority of Fido's customer base; pretty much every customer that goes to Fido wants a "free phone" that requires no deposit. This is why Fido caters to this, ie: the Nokia 1661. This will however change the game for international students that come to Canada and want sim cards for their phones. Previously, Fido was a great option for them because of the low monthly rates. If Bell or Telus (or even Koodo?) offer cheaper monthly rates on sim cards this might change that - but even still,only new 3G HSPA smartphones will work on Bell/Telus, 2G unlocked phones *will not work*, so this really limits the amount of third party phones that can be used on their network (while GSM phones can only work with Fido/Rogers in Canada). WIND, of course, cannot use almost all unlocked phones due to frequency issues. I don't really see much of a shift at Fido's end.

Fido store reps should sell the same, if not more, given the fact more sim card-based phones will now be available in Canada from Bell and Telus, and can be unlocked and sold second-hand. Roger's reps - on the other hand - are in danger of losing their exclusive "high end" HSPA phone niche.

I don't agree with this. The one complaint i hear most often is the lack of decent handsets. Customers who have been with Fido for more than a year know Fido is going down hill in terms of hardware choice and will more than likely switch to Wind, Telus or Bell when their contract ends...or maybe even sooner depending on what kinds of plans these carriers will offer.

The other thing i don't agree with that some are saying in here is that the points the OP mentions wont hinder Fido's sales. If Bell, Telus and Wind have an ounce of common sense they will either offer really attractive plans to compete with Fido, or offer some of the same things Fido does ie. per second billing. If you guys think Fido will still be as attractive to customers when the other carriers are truly in the game, then you guys have a big shock coming.
    YNWA

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by knifegreysea
    I don't agree with this. The one complaint i hear most often is the lack of decent handsets. Customers who have been with Fido for more than a year know Fido is going down hill in terms of hardware choice and will more than likely switch to Wind, Telus or Bell when their contract ends...or maybe even sooner depending on what kinds of plans these carriers will offer.

The other thing i don't agree with that some are saying in here is that the points the OP mentions wont hinder Fido's sales. If Bell, Telus and Wind have an ounce of common sense they will either offer really attractive plans to compete with Fido, or offer some of the same things Fido does ie. per second billing. If you guys think Fido will still be as attractive to customers when the other carriers are truly in the game, then you guys have a big shock coming.
    ^ Funny though, at the CityFido $40.00 plan, you get 2000 Minutes. But there is no CallerID or Voicemail included. Public Mobile will have Unlimited Talk and Text for $40.00. Possibility of 1XRTT web access as well. Fido charges $10.00 for those extra features, or $15.00 with the internet. With no credit checks (Since its Unlimited they cant possibily go over unless its international) they are an attractive solution. For a sales rep, this means a lot of people switching, Hype has been created for this. Same thing with Wind Mobile, especially when the advertisments start.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I definitely think a lot of people will be switching. If not for better phone and plans, but to start fresh with a new provider. Wind is giving a lot of screwed over people hope, and hope is a dangerous thing to dangle in front of Rogers and especially Fido customers