Thread: Need Info on PRL's and Network Extender

Device(s)
    XV6875 (Touch Pro 2) (Solid)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Red)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCPhoto
    Update:

I downloaded the Verizon PRL for Nationwide/EVDO, 51143, from the corolado site, put it on my microSD card, manually updated my TouchPro 2's PRL, reset the phone, viola!! , my phone now works with the Network Extender.

So far, I can detect no differences in my phone's performance, it gets the 3G signal (marginally) in our home as before, etc. I'll wait and see how it performs as I travel around town for the next day or so, and then go ahead and put it on the other phones on our plan.

Thanks to all for the help here. Will post back if anything unexpected occurs, but hopefully I'm good to go now.
    I think I remember replying to this on PPCgeeks (twostep). glad to hear its working out for ya.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel, now Verizon, with Alltel Plan
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've been posting there as well, although they seem to be having major server problems today.

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried this with the 30061 PRL?

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsilvertab View Post
    Has anyone tried this with the 30061 PRL?
    FYI- The network extender does work for Alltel customers in Kent county. The extender broadcasts on SID 21, same as the VZW network (which Alltel customers are using). I am guessing it will broadcast on SID 1678 (VZW PCS SID) in Northern Michigan, which will render it useless unless you install a VZW PRL on your phone. Heading north in the next few days, and will report back.

Device(s)
    Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The extender works fine in Manistee, SID 244. Not sure what SID it is broadcasting on yet. PRL 30061.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is working on Alltel areas in Muskegon & Manistee.... I KNOW THAT THEY WILL HAVE THOSE FULLY INTEGRATED BY NEXT YEAR IN JULY... So before July next year "Bsilvertab" also Verizon recently integrated MI-9 CMA 480 as of yesterday... which includes Michigan Counties.. Lenawee, Hillsdale, Branch, St. Jospeh, Cass, etc..
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2