Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Here comes N920...............even before N900 release

Feedback Score
    Fremantle is maemo 5, right? What's the codename for maemo 6?

I was hoping you had found some kind of proof that you could've stuck in riahc3's face The person I mentioned earlier has probably held the phone in his hand and there's no way to prove that he actually did but considering what he presents on his site in terms of prerelease phones, analysis of markets and strategies and all the leaks he's provided I have no problem with believing what he says. He's done this for years as I remember from the motorola and sony ericsson scoops he used to do alongside his nokia ones.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liknsmak
    Fremantle is maemo 5, right? What's the codename for maemo 6?

I was hoping you had found some kind of proof that you could've stuck in riahc3's face The person I mentioned earlier has probably held the phone in his hand and there's no way to prove that he actually did but considering what he presents on his site in terms of prerelease phones, analysis of markets and strategies and all the leaks he's provided I have no problem with believing what he says. He's done this for years as I remember from the motorola and sony ericsson scoops he used to do alongside his nokia ones.
    Maemo6 could be harmattan...

The time I take to manage threads, edit posts, or research, read, and compose my own posts is spent to help make the Maemo sub-forum a friendly and safe place for a new user to go to and return to as often as they like. In order to maintain such an environment I will continue to vigorously intervene if their search for timely and accurate information or just their quiet enjoyment of our community is interrupted or impeded by the self serving needs of others.

To that end, sticking things in other members faces, bickering, continuing off topic posts in a threads with unanswered, on topic questions would be counter productive. If any of those things is your intent, I suggest you go play somewhere else.

The keyword here is "time".

Device(s)
    Motorola i530
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel Mexico
    Feedback Score
    I for one, really hope the n920 has a 4.3" capacitive touch screen, minimal bezel, is very thin (10-13mm) and a xenon flash.

Basically the HD2 form factor but with xenon and the much better camera... that would seriously be the best phone ever made. When you have such a HUGE screen the hardware keyboard is totally unnecessary- even for die-hard blackberry users.

Feedback Score
    Software keyboards aren't for everyone. I love them but I can understand if someone prefers physical keys and being able to feel something.

Though this picture is amusing-the keyboard on an HD2 is larger than the keyboard on the N900. For a device with a screen so big I'm amazed at how they actually kept the HD2 pocketable...

Device(s)
    Motorola i530
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel Mexico
    Feedback Score
    Software keyboards aren't for everyone. I love them but I can understand if someone prefers physical keys and being able to feel something.

Though this picture is amusing-the keyboard on an HD2 is larger than the keyboard on the N900. For a device with a screen so big I'm amazed at how they actually kept the HD2 pocketable...
    If you look at it it's not much bigger than the N900 and it's a whole lot thinner so in a sense it's MORE pocketable than the n900. Pocketable is as more about thickness than width.

Tight/Small pockets put pressure on thicker devices and they're usually much wider than your typical gadget

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score

Man the HD2 is too long.....

Physical keyboard ALWAYS FTW.

And WHY....WHY.....again............WHY??? do devices such as the HD2 and the iPhone have less than 16 million color displays? There is no excuse for that.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by riahc3

And WHY....WHY.....again............WHY??? do devices such as the HD2 and the iPhone have less than 16 million color displays? There is no excuse for that.
    Currently WM only could support 64K. WM7 is going to change that but it won't come until next year.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    Currently WM only could support 64K. WM7 is going to change that but it won't come until next year.
    That is a acceptable excuse for VM phones but not for the iPhone.
    Although lets save that for another topic.

Feedback Score
    I would say physical keyboards are worth it with the N900 because of the copy and paste shortcuts...I don't think at this point its even possible to do it with the software keyboard, considering you can't manipulate the webpage/text you wanted to because the keyboard fills the screen? At least I haven't heard of any method of copy and paste using only the touchscreen, which is something that needs to be added at some point.

Device(s)
    HTC TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I would say physical keyboards are worth it with the N900 because of the copy and paste shortcuts...I don't think at this point its even possible to do it with the software keyboard, considering you can't manipulate the webpage/text you wanted to because the keyboard fills the screen? At least I haven't heard of any method of copy and paste using only the touchscreen, which is something that needs to be added at some point.

The iphone can copy/paste O:.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    I think he meant using ctrl + c and ctrl + v
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRFAN
    The iphone can copy/paste O:.
    I was talking about how I haven't seen a copy&paste method using only the touchscreen on maemo.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by riahc3

pretty sure the iPhone is 16 million... i dont see one place that publishes the screen as a lower colored display...

as for physical keyboards, sometimes it just doesnt win. The N97 keyboard was just as bad if not worse than typing on a virtual keyboard

Device(s)
    N82
    Feedback Score
    N920 may be cheaper than N900 as it is a keyboard less version.

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waqyum
    N920 may be cheaper than N900 as it is a keyboard less version.
    Could be, but then it could have 8mpx camera, capacitive, thinner and really N900 is already cheapest Nokia flagship ever. 540 euros that we are paying from N900 in here is norm price for high end N series phone. N82, N96, N95, N97 all costed more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4