Thread: Android on the N900?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score

Android on the N900?

Hey

This is kinda offsection but since (AFAIK) there isnt a forum for Nokia's internet tablet devices, Ill post it here.

Would it be possible to install Android on the N900? (obviously noone knows the answer but in theory....)
    Last edited by riahc3; 10-15-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    do a search!

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lwcoffer2
    do a search!
    http://www.howardforums.com/search.p...id%20on%20n900

Don't see much there...

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&c...n+n900&spell=1

And done see much on there either...

Since you have told me to search (obviously knowing there is a link out there) why not just post the link to answer my question please?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by riahc3
    Hey

This is kinda offsection but since (AFAIK) there isnt a forum for Nokia's internet tablet devices, Ill post it here.

Would it be possible to install Android on the N900? (obviously noone knows the answer but in theory....)
    No thanks. I would rather see Maemo's full potential first.

Android just has this....I dunno, just doesn't feel right. I think Maemo is a better direction for the N900.
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeophyteDMD
    No thanks. I would rather see Maemo's full potential first.

Android just has this....I dunno, just doesn't feel right. I think Maemo is a better direction for the N900.
    I myself perfer Maemo as well

Just asking if it is possible And dualboot FTW :P (AFAIK thats impossible on any phone but because of hardware difficulties)

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since you have told me to search (obviously knowing there is a link out there) why not just post the link to answer my question please?
    b/c u fill up this forum with questions that can easily be answered by google

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    b/c u fill up this forum with questions that can easily be answered by google
    Then please, point out the answer to me. I searched on Google as you see in my post and found nothing of this nature.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    actually u just google searched howard forums...there is a larger internet yet un tapped. and this is not the "best forum" for maemo info....that enough info?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    actually u just google searched howard forums...there is a larger internet yet un tapped. and this is not the "best forum" for maemo info....that enough info?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    pretty much riahc3, these idiots are telling you they dont know anything but just are giving you the run around because they are too afraid to tell you, they just dont know.

And honestly how could anyone? the device isnt even officially out. But in theory Android can be on ANY device. As long as drivers are in place anything can be ran anything. However who to make those drivers are is always the tricky part. When Android first introduced it was said that Android can run on any device because it is open source. To this day I been waiting for someone to make a port to my old HTC WizII which doesnt seem like its happening as nobody is doing the ground work for most of the ports.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Android has been running on Maemo before an Android phone was even officialy released. Try searching just Maemo and Android.
    >> http://www.talkandroid.com/65-google...id-nokia-n810/

>> http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/08/a...ows-our-minds/

I know that the N800 and N810 are not the N900 but the N900 has not been released yet and the 400 or so prototypes in the wild were just released, or their NDA's just expired. I can tell you this though, unless there is a hardware restriction of some sort, the N900 software can do everything the N8**'s could do... and then some.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    you ask for the best maemo forum (see about 15-20 threads down), i give it to you and you don't use it...NITdroid...i hope u brick your N900 installing it.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Movistar
    Feedback Score
    you ask for the best maemo forum (see about 15-20 threads down), i give it to you and you don't use it...NITdroid...i hope u brick your N900 installing it.
    Who says I didnt/dont use it?

Thank you for giving the answer to this.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Who says I didnt/dont use it?

Thank you for giving the answer to this.
    Um... you did >> http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...01&postcount=5

riahc3 (and anyone else who cares at this point), if it appears that I am holding you to your word (or posts) more strictly than others, one only needs to look up the threads that I have had to close where you have argued with other members over symantics or posted of one or two line pendantic replies that lead to arguments.

For anyone who is still reading at this point, you may already know (because you read ) that this is not usually my style as it involves way to much work on my part.

It is however, my goal to make this forum a friendly and safe place for a new user to go to and I will vigorously intervene if their search for timely and accurate information is interrupted or impeded by the self serving needs of others.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Backup: N95-3 Red
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Performance wise, Andorid is running bytecode on top of the vritual machine, no matter how Dalvik is optmized, it still can't change the fact about the overhead.
    So, I have never been interested in the Andoroid. And while many people are complaining manufacturers are not putting in faster processor, they don't complain the platform that is not running in native code

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast