Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: A Brief Review of LG 290c

Device(s)
    LG290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrainbow31 View Post
    ...any other options?...
    I'm afraid that without access to the Services menu (that follows the code entry) where you turn on bluetooth FTP you are not going to have any luck with any software. Sorry. Your only other option is to MMS (picture message) images and audio files to and from your 290c. If MMS isn't working I would highly recommend you call Tracfone Customer Escalations at 1-800-876-5753. That is what I had to do in order to get MMS and the browser working.

Update: As discovered by blackrainbow31 there is an alternate way to access the Services menu: Menu, Settings, System, 0, ##7764726
    Last edited by stp2128; 01-03-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stp2128 View Post
    I'm afraid that without access to the Services screen (that follows the code entry) where you turn on bluetooth FTP you are not going to have any luck with any software. Sorry. Your only other option is to MMS (picture message) images and audio files to and from your 290c. If MMS isn't working I would highly recommend you call Tracfone Customer Escalations at 1-800-876-5753. That is what I had to do in order to get MMS and the browser working.
    Oh ok. Thank you for replying
    They told me that MMS and Browser isn't available for TracFone in this area (SW Oklahoma). I haven't tried since mid-October so maybe it has changed by now. I'm just afraid of being stuck in that CS bs again.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if this well help at all but here is my phone version info (in case it is different from the ones that are working right):
    Browser: 6.2.3.8
    AVR: mVoice 2.36.2
    MMS: L12.39R_07
    Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR
    HW: 1.1
    PRL: PRL2004

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Oh ok. Thank you for replying
    They told me that MMS and Browser isn't available for TracFone in this area (SW Oklahoma). I haven't tried since mid-October so maybe it has changed by now. I'm just afraid of being stuck in that CS bs again.
    Possibly because of where you live, they had to assign a local carrier for your service and that carrier cannot support data. Put your phone number in here to see your assigned carrier on the next page after you hit submit (go no further or you will be signed up):
    https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

Another possibility; you activated with AT&T but in some areas where you cannot access an AT&T signal you are roaming on a provider that cannot support data.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My carrier is USCellular. They tried to give me 3 different Verizon numbers but none of those would work to let me even make calls or texts. So they finally got another USCellular to work for calls / texts. Also CS kept telling me I needed a SIM card and that it would be in the mail. I kept telling them what model of phone I had and that I (nor anyone else that looked at it) could find where a SIM card would go. USCellular's stores around here told me that all of their data services work. The last CS rep I talked to finally told me that somehow their phones aren't able to use the data services here even though I'm on a carrier that has it.

When I hit the Browser or Picture Message buttons they always say Data Services Not Available.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Hey I think I figured something else out

Menu, Settings, System, 0, ##7764726

I did that ^ and a bunch of new menus opened. Will see how it goes from there Thanks you!

Feedback Score
    Tracfone has to have a data contract with USCellular in order to have data services.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    Aw ok
    Yes mine is TracFone. Are there any other options? I'm trying OBEX Commander again right now. I downloaded Forklift and BlueSOliel but so far couldn't get those to work so I deleted them. Are they only for Macs? Should I try one of those again? I can only get the "Put" and not the "Get" on the OBEX even tho it is correctly paired up.
    I'm using OBEX Commander and the attached instruction work for me sometimes.
    It is very finicky and trustating but if you keep at it you can usually get it to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    I'm using OBEX Commander and the attached instruction work for me sometimes.
    It is very finicky and trustating but if you keep at it you can usually get it to work.
    I got slightly different result with your instruction. Can you double check?

From the main screen go to Menu>Settings>Bluetooth>Power>Off>OK. <-- Work as described
    Dial ##7764726290 and press send. Enter 000000 <-- Work as described
    press OK. <-- No need to press OK because the phone is in services menu
    Scroll down to Bluetooth Setting and press OK. <-- "Bluetooth is off. Turn power on to continue?" prompt pops up. Choice is 1 yes and 2 no. After 1 or OK is press, then the FTP server is highlighted.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Hey I think I figured something else out

Menu, Settings, System, 0, ##7764726

I did that ^ and a bunch of new menus opened. Will see how it goes from there Thanks you!
    YAY I got it to work! After doing that ^ then click on bluetooth settings, and it gives another menu. I used OBEX Commander to "Get" the pics off phone to laptop. Thanks to all for the ideas and suggestions!

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    A little background first: I live in western NC. We are talking mountains and rugged terrain and lots of spotty coverage. Verizon dominates the area as far as quality coverage goes but, for some reason, all the trac products have been gsm (ATT) the past couple of years.

I have looked at a few walmarts and targets the past week or so (around the Asheville, NC, area). Didn't find any of the new phones here yet. Then I went to a nearby town out in BFE (Brevard, NC) and found all the new lg phones for trac and net10 at a Kmart! The walmart in the same town had only the lg 100c, for some reason. I chose this small town on the hunch that everyone around this area knows ATT doesn't even cover the main highways in this little town in the middle of the Appalachians! I was hoping that tracfone would stock CDMA phones in this area. I guessed right!

[SNIP]....
    You could have also gone to the Tracfone (TF) website and used the ZIP code for Brevard, NC to select the CDMA (Verizon, USCellular) phone of your choice. Brevard ZIP is 28712. I believe you can also use any ZIP that "guarantees" a CDMA phone selection like 95437 or 95445 (Ft. Bragg or Gualala, CA respectively).

I noticed that Brevard, unlike the two ZIPs in Calif. that I used above, gives you the choice of CDMA or GSM cell phones!

I used Ft. Bragg (95437) to get an LG3280 (refurb.), but got hassled by TF CSRs when it came time to replace what appeared to be a faulty phone... they said they no longer stocked the phone (LG3280), despite it still being offered on their website.

TF sent me a cheaper LG220c which demonstrated the same bad battery performance ~ only 12 hours of charge when used in a *BAD* Verizon service area (96088 ZIP).

I began to get suspicious when the second phone demonstrated the same quick discharge of the Li-Ion battery, so I decided to see if my new ZIP (95969) would be any different, since my new home had five bars whether AT&T or Verizon were being used. These signal strengths are at my home ~ sort of on a hill overlooking the North Sacramento Valley and the city of Chico, California.

The difference was astounding! I now go over 7 days between charges on the LG220c. I do not use the cell as my main phone (obviously), but it is on ~16 hours a day. I only shut it off at night so it won't awaken me.

My main point ~ sorry for the rant ~ is that IF you know what type of cell you want (GSM vs. CDMA), you can go to the TF website and plug in the right ZIP to see what TF offers. Just be sure to change the ZIP when you fill out the "Ship To" information!
    Cheers!
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!

Feedback Score
    Thanks SO MUCH! As reported (and ignored) pages ago, my Tracfone would not accept me dialing and sending the code anymore without actually calling Verizon. Your work around has me transferring pictures again, blackrainbow31! THANK YOU!

Device(s)
    LG290C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    ...Menu, Settings, System, 0, ##7764726...
    Hey, cool! That brings up the same Services menu I was referring to. Where did you come across the idea to try that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    You are correct, that OK isn't needed.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stp2128 View Post
    Hey, cool! That brings up the same Services menu I was referring to. Where did you come across the idea to try that?
    I saw in an old LG post that someone was trying that with their 220c so I wondered if it would also work for the 290c. I saw that the 0s weren't enough to fill out the ?s so I started to type it all of that ##77... and it fit except for the 290 part. If I can find the original post again I'll link it here.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast