Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: touch pro 2 $50 with new contract

Feedback Score

touch pro 2 $50 with new contract

I got it when it was free but now its 49.99 with $50 credit, free bluetooth, and waived activation fee.... Don't waste more than you have to when some of us got it for free already.... wmdeals.com

Feedback Score
    I signed up for this, BUT I did not get the $50 credit!!!! How did you get that?

Feedback Score
    oh we wait for 90 days.... I think so that they ensure we dont quit hehe... the person you talked to should have explained it to you.

Feedback Score
    Can I open a new line and then pay the early termination fee? It will be $50 + $200... still cheaper than the regular price.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8, iPhone 6s+, Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Wink

I jumped on the deal today! Just got off the phone to confirm the $50 credit/90 days and bt. Great deal although I was bummed that a measly 1gb wasn't included. Just about every phone ships with a 1 gig card. The TP takes micro sd cards correct?

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    WTF? why couldn't see this post this morning? my cousin bought a BB 8520 for $30 at wal-mart. but for $20 more for a whole lot more phone, that's unbeatable. especially considering that t-mobile wants $350 with a new contract at their stores.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Was there any catch to getting this deal? Like do you "have" to be a IT Professional, Developer, etc? I understand you can add it as a new line to your account, but how much is that? Would I just cancel my old line of service (been off contract since July) after receiving the phone and activating it?

I'd like to keep my current number but I'm pretty sure I'd have to lose it, or can I ask for a specific phone number when setting up the new account if that number is available?

I'm aiming at trying to save as much money as possible, so getting the phone for $50 is nice, and I'm aware of having to sign up with the unlimited data plan ($25 or $35 with text) and a new talk plan (preferably 600 minutes for $39.99).

Right now I've got 1000 minutes ($39.99), 400 Text ($4.99), and T-Zones ($5.99).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce017
    Was there any catch to getting this deal? Like do you "have" to be a IT Professional, Developer, etc? I understand you can add it as a new line to your account, but how much is that? Would I just cancel my old line of service (been off contract since July) after receiving the phone and activating it?

I'd like to keep my current number but I'm pretty sure I'd have to lose it, or can I ask for a specific phone number when setting up the new account if that number is available?

I'm aiming at trying to save as much money as possible, so getting the phone for $50 is nice, and I'm aware of having to sign up with the unlimited data plan ($25 or $35 with text) and a new talk plan (preferably 600 minutes for $39.99).

Right now I've got 1000 minutes ($39.99), 400 Text ($4.99), and T-Zones ($5.99).
    I just called in and when the sales rep asked for the promo code, I told him (I believe it's 'Windows Mobile') and it was a go. The cheapest talk plan you can get is the $29.99/mo one with 300 min. or something like that. You can either sign up with the data plan OR unlimited msg plan so the cheapest this plan can be is roughly $45 for 300 min and unlimited txt.

It's a new plan so a number will be assigned of course. I think Tmo charges $10 to change the number.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by candygogo
    I just called in and when the sales rep asked for the promo code, I told him (I believe it's 'Windows Mobile') and it was a go. The cheapest talk plan you can get is the $29.99/mo one with 300 min. or something like that. You can either sign up with the data plan OR unlimited msg plan so the cheapest this plan can be is roughly $45 for 300 min and unlimited txt.

It's a new plan so a number will be assigned of course. I think Tmo charges $10 to change the number.
    Thanks candygogo. I just called in and I'm all set. I got the free bluetooth with the $50 credit I'll get back in 90 days. I went with my OLD starting plan of 600 anytime minutes w/free N/W ($40) + Unlimited Text + Web ($35). I opted for overnight shipping $15, so I'll have it on Tuesday. Odd enough I was charged $50 phone + $15 shipping + $40 taxes = $105. The rep said in Nevada they have to charge tax on the cost of the phone at full retail price or something like that along with California tax (yeah ...the tax rate sux out here). Thus the $105 @[email protected]

As for the number, the rep said to call Customer Care about getting it changed if I don't like it.

In the end, it beats paying $350+ for the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce017
    Thanks candygogo. I just called in and I'm all set. I got the free bluetooth with the $50 credit I'll get back in 90 days. I went with my OLD starting plan of 600 anytime minutes w/free N/W ($40) + Unlimited Text + Web ($35). I opted for overnight shipping $15, so I'll have it on Tuesday. Odd enough I was charged $50 phone + $15 shipping + $40 taxes = $105. The rep said in Nevada they have to charge tax on the cost of the phone at full retail price or something like that along with California tax (yeah ...the tax rate sux out here). Thus the $105 @[email protected]

As for the number, the rep said to call Customer Care about getting it changed if I don't like it.

In the end, it beats paying $350+ for the phone.
    I've never heard of being double taxed for a purchase! I opted for the free shipping, so I'll get it Monday and with tax it was $54.30. $40 in taxes...I guess the retail for the phone is around $500 or so huh?

At least the $50 will be credited in 3 months

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've never heard of being double taxed for a purchase! I opted for the free shipping, so I'll get it Monday and with tax it was $54.30. $40 in taxes...I guess the retail for the phone is around $500 or so huh?

At least the $50 will be credited in 3 months
    Yeah, the rep explained it to me, but whatever. The full price for the phone is about $500, but yeah I'll get the credit back in 3 months, so it was worth it. Can't wait until Tuesday (expected day of delivery)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jefferrari
    Can I open a new line and then pay the early termination fee? It will be $50 + $200... still cheaper than the regular price.
    Just got this info from a thread over at Slickdeals Forum that should help you out:

Quote from rukster : wonder what will be the total cost if you etf with in a week? ETF + prtial monthly fee + what else?

You will be charge the FULL cost of the phone if you don't return it within the return period. You are charged the ETF plus any plan/service cost if you cancel AFTER the return period. (The phone is yours AFTER the return period). I should state that the full cost of the phone will be the LIST price without contract.

So I'm guessing that if you sign up and quit the service within a week or two (and outside of buyer's remorse period) you might be on the hook for the full retail price of the phone-about $500 or so. YMMV but you might have to stick around for a month or so before cancelling.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just got this info from a thread over at Slickdeals Forum that should help you out:

Quote from rukster : wonder what will be the total cost if you etf with in a week? ETF + prtial monthly fee + what else?

You will be charge the FULL cost of the phone if you don't return it within the return period. You are charged the ETF plus any plan/service cost if you cancel AFTER the return period. (The phone is yours AFTER the return period). I should state that the full cost of the phone will be the LIST price without contract.

So I'm guessing that if you sign up and quit the service within a week or two (and outside of buyer's remorse period) you might be on the hook for the full retail price of the phone-about $500 or so. YMMV but you might have to stick around for a month or so before cancelling.
    That's good to know.

Also, I heard if you want to make the Touch Pro 2 account your one and only main line and not have to pay the Add-a-line cost ($35), after you activate the phone, call up customer care and have them cancel your old line, which will make this one your primary and only line thus canceling the add-a-line fee.

That's just what I heard on another forum and plan on doing once I get my new phone on Tuesday. If you or anyone has heard different, please let me know.

Wish I could of stayed with my old plan, but I was more so looking to get this phone as cheap as possible without having to pay $350+. In the long run, it would of been cheaper to buy the phone at full cost and upgrade my no contract line to the new Even More Plus 1000 + unlimited text & web for $70/month, instead of paying $75/month which is the Get More Individual 600 + unlimited text & web.

Device(s)
    Treo 680P Unlocked, Nokia Nuron, Dash 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Hello. I had a qs. If I open a new line and get the tp2 and then after the buyer remorse period or a month later I wish to do a partial upgrade to take off the required data feature, why would tmobile be willing to give a partial upgrade on a brand new line that was just opened a month ago? Wouldn't they say that I'm not eligible for a partial upgrade bc I do not have any tenure with them with that new line I just opened? The other option is to cancel the service after a month and pay ETF of $200 plus prorated usages and still keep the phone. Can anyone really confirm or know for sure that they have actually done a partial upgrade on a brand new line they just opened? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSalam11
    Hello. I had a qs. If I open a new line and get the tp2 and then after the buyer remorse period or a month later I wish to do a partial upgrade to take off the required data feature, why would tmobile be willing to give a partial upgrade on a brand new line that was just opened a month ago? Wouldn't they say that I'm not eligible for a partial upgrade bc I do not have any tenure with them with that new line I just opened? The other option is to cancel the service after a month and pay ETF of $200 plus prorated usages and still keep the phone. Can anyone really confirm or know for sure that they have actually done a partial upgrade on a brand new line they just opened? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    From what I've heard (but I could be wrong) regarding the upgrading of a new line after the remorse period, you have something like an 11 month wait (for 1 year contract), or 22 month wait (2 year contract) to be eligable for an upgrade. I'm sure someone else here who works for T-Mobile knows better then I But if you want to upgrade right after the remorse period, I don't think they will let you unless you plead with them or something.

But I have heard the same thing about cancelling the new line after the remorse period (30 days in California, might be less else where). If you cancel after the remorse period, you will have to pay the ETF of $200 and be prorated for the services, but the phone is yours to keep. I'm actually thinking about doing this myself after 30 days, but i'm still deciding.

Well I got my email with my new number and I can't believe they would give me a number with an area code from an area I do not even live in. I live in southern Orange County (949), and they gave me a downtown Los Angeles (213) area code. I'll definitely be calling them up tonight to change that and definitely make sure they do not even charge me for this mistake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast