Thread: touch pro 2 $50 with new contract

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8, iPhone 6s+, Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Cool

Just got my phone today

Just a few minor observations: this is an amazing phone and it's not all that bulky or heavy to me-it's a YMMV situation obviously. Some folks like phones that weight less than air but I like to feel some heft as it seems more solid.

It's funny...usually when you get a case that comes with the phone it seems so crappy (Blackberry phones anyone?). I jumped the gun and bought a case/charger combo for cheap on ebay and honestly the case that comes with the TP2 is better! I mean it's not leather with openings that allow you to charge while in case and such but it's a good basic case. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, a memory card is not included (really, Tmo couldn't spare the aprox. $4 for like a 2gig card???) so i ordered a 4gb card at the same time I ordered the phone (ebay-where else?) and they both came today. I like my G1 but it's so good to install program to the memory card. Yea, I know about 'rooting' the G1 but I'm not a hacker and I'm just paranoid

My bt headset wasn't in the box so I had to call up and will receive it in "3 business days..." Um, it's supposed to be part of the kit, no? As far as cancelling and just paying the ETF for some reason I get the feeling that if you don't stick with the full 2yr contract you might be on the hook for the full cost. I know basically ETFs usually are a $175-$200 fee if you keep service after buyer's remorse period, but there was a little note inside the box kind of stressing that the you know that it's a contract and if you don't intend to keep the service that the phone must be returned. I dunno, could be wrong.

I've installed a few programs but haven't really tangled with the phone yet. This is going to basically be my little mobile machine.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently at work and just got a call from the mail room that my package just arrived via UPS. Can't wait to get it and start trying it out I have a case I used with my Nokia N97 (currently at the Nokia Care Center for repair), and I think it should fit. Also going to use the 8GB MicroSD card I had laying around too. I'll be doing a speed test with my current plan on this new phone to see how fast the web connection is and if I get 3G off my T-Zones.

That's odd the BT headset wasn't in the box, maybe just a mistake on their part?

As for the ETF thing, I searched around the forums and checked up about the ETF fee and Terms of Service and from what I've been able to collect, the buyers remorse period is 31 days in California and you are not required to return the phone. But if you were to cancel before the 31 days or whatever the buyers remorse period is for your state, you'd have to pay the ETF + return the phone to get a full refund back (and if they never receive the phone, you'll be charged for its full retail price).

That note in the box is probably just a reminder to scare you from keeping the phone and paying the ETF. I dunno. Of course if anyone else can clarify this ETF hub bub, that would be cool to know what options there are in case one wants to keep the phone and dump the service.

Device(s)
    Next: ?
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    any other deals out there for upgrading?
    Let's all get a long.
    -= HOFO Feedback =-

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aznprid214
    any other deals out there for upgrading?
    Just from whatever www.wmdeals.com shows

And it looks like I will not be going with the ETF route. I was able to get the Even More Plus with 500 mins + Text + Web for $59.99. The customer service rep was super nice and explained everything. My unlimited data and text was never added on, so I called about it and got this plan instead, which works out really well. Just had to pay a small migration fee of $35 from the plan I would of had.

Device(s)
    Next: ?
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    it seems like a steal, but I'm stuck in this loop hole. I upgrade 14 months ago, but somehow am qualified for a full upgrade again. I really want to get the Dash 3G since I have a Touch Pro 2 but didn't like it cause it was bulky. Just need something more compact. I heard some costco's have a deal on Dash 3G so I'm going to check that out.

Device(s)
    samsung eternity
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I Just did this, went very smooth, boy i'm excited, got the express delivery, the guy in CS was very friendly, pleasant hassle free transaction

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Samsung Vibrant, HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aznprid214
    it seems like a steal, but I'm stuck in this loop hole. I upgrade 14 months ago, but somehow am qualified for a full upgrade again. I really want to get the Dash 3G since I have a Touch Pro 2 but didn't like it cause it was bulky. Just need something more compact. I heard some costco's have a deal on Dash 3G so I'm going to check that out.
    As you have probably seen, the wmdeals.com page has the Dash 3G for free, but I am not sure whether that also applies to upgrades or just to new lines. For a full upgrade, both newegg.com and letstalk.com have the Dash 3G for free. For a partial upgrade, the best pricing I have seen is $69.99 on newegg.com.

About being qualified for a full upgrade after only 14 months, you may want to double-check that it still works because there seems to have been an error in the T-Mo systems these last few days. See posts #4 and 5 here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=13150828

Hope you can still get the full discount.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I'm liking this phone a lot and I'm totally happy with the new plan I have now. I think I'm going to drop my old line afterall, but I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to cancel the line, but transfer the phone number of that cancelled line to my new line of service. I know there is a $15 fee for changing a number, but I just wanted to make sure if its possible to do this.

I've had this number for over 10 years now and would like to keep it as everyone I know has that number logged in for me, and would find it a bit of a pain to have to give the new number out.

But if I can't, I can't

Quote Originally Posted by dirk5027
    I Just did this, went very smooth, boy i'm excited, got the express delivery, the guy in CS was very friendly, pleasant hassle free transaction
    I'm sure you'll totally be happy with this new phone. I am and its a really neat device and loaded with room for customization.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce017
    So I'm liking this phone a lot and I'm totally happy with the new plan I have now. I think I'm going to drop my old line afterall, but I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to cancel the line, but transfer the phone number of that cancelled line to my new line of service. I know there is a $15 fee for changing a number, but I just wanted to make sure if its possible to do this.

I've had this number for over 10 years now and would like to keep it as everyone I know has that number logged in for me, and would find it a bit of a pain to have to give the new number out.

But if I can't, I can't

I'm sure you'll totally be happy with this new phone. I am and its a really neat device and loaded with room for customization.
    Hmm....so it went up from $10? And isn't it still free to change numbers on prepaid?

I don't think it's possible to transfer number but I could be wrong. I believe once the account closes the number is held in limbo for 3 months (in case you want to come back) before being recirculated. The new lines I opened recently I received calls from folks shocked that I wasn't the person they were looking for on the other end.

"But this is my friend's number! I haven't spoken to him in about 5 months..."

"Erm, well I just got this number 3 weeks ago..."

"Oh...sorry!" Line goes dead.

Feedback Score
    To take the sting out of that $350 for new customers, Bing was doing 33% cash back at T-mobile, which seemed to work without a voice (data only) plan...I was able to do the new phone with $150 cash back, ~$200 for phone, $40 due monthly? I have no real use for a voice plan, but I'm weird like that. I think of the phone as just a tethering device and mobile entertainment, since I have to keep a work phone on me anyway. Anyway, I'll see if what I did works, I didn't get any indicator that it wouldn't, and received order confirmation already. Yeah, I paid a little more for my TP2, but my low monthly payment will make up for that in short order...

Device(s)
    w810I(gone) w900i(here)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    ordered one yesterday actually added a line and it is still free activation, bluetooth (plantronics 360), and HTC touch pro 2, hop on it, i paid the 15 for overnight shipping.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Tm0
    Feedback Score

FREE touch pro 2 with contract

I dunno if you guys already seen this... maybe I'm late but if you call 866-464-8662 and use promo code "windows mobile" you'll get a totally free tp2 with a new contract. I got the activation fee and taxes waived, no need for mail in rebate. Jus had to pay first month service up front cuz I can only get flex pay and I got free shipping too... So we actually got a fam plan so 2 $500 phones for free and if you trade in an old smart phone then you get a check/credit of $100 each. I think it ends Jan 18th...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by seby1986
    I dunno if you guys already seen this... maybe I'm late but if you call 866-464-8662 and use promo code "windows mobile" you'll get a totally free tp2 with a new contract. I got the activation fee and taxes waived, no need for mail in rebate. Jus had to pay first month service up front cuz I can only get flex pay and I got free shipping too... So we actually got a fam plan so 2 $500 phones for free and if you trade in an old smart phone then you get a check/credit of $100 each. I think it ends Jan 18th...
    Link to that thread here

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592295

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2