Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why your Telus/Bell/Canadian Phone doesn't work with Bitpim

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    sinorito my suggestion is not to tether the phone to the laptop i tried it with my dads phone and it cost him $500.00 in data usage, we used bluetooth to do it and is vary easy but i just suggest that you don't.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

LG and the Rumour 2

So here’s my look at what’s up with cell phone industry. All the Companies in Canada are now forcing the hardware providers to disable or use their software (nto sure which does it matter) to disable functions that used to be simple with your cell phone…You remember like sync your calendar or contacts with Outlook. With my old Motorola I used to preset text and save them to the phone….no longer ( it was stolen ,,,lucky ******* )The rest of the folders on the phone have been disabled by Bell, TELUS, Rogers etc. in Canada and some companies in the U.S. Why, well they want you to buy the Data package…as if they didn’t get enough already but that’s tech for you, the geeks rule and they want their money. I really thought that if this was forced on my American friends that they would be pounding on there Congress door …this sounds like collusion to me. Certainly the CRTC …milk toast organization that is ,won’t do anything they are already in the Company back pocket.
    Now I am working with a Rumour 2 CX 265 B04. So here are some work a rounds.
    Transfer music or pictures from your computer to the phone no problem buy a micro flash card I have an 8gig connect the USB cable and install the software…in my case the LG USB Modem Driver. Once this is done you should find the Mirco card listed in --My Computer--….now it just a drag and drop.
    To set up transfer of Ringtones well that’s a BRICK Maker so far. Unless you are willing to pay for them ..I used to use favorite clips from my songs and set up on the Old Motorola (Son of a ***** that stole my phone grrrr.)
    To make the transfer of info from Outlook.
    Take your Outlook contacts (highlight then copy) forward your contacts in Outlook and email them to yourself as V-cards these can be saved to the desktop folder name it (Phone contacts). Now here is the rub you must have a Blue Tooth dongle connected to your computer and the Blue Soleil Software available on the net. This will allow you to pair with the computer and phone. Select the contacts in the folder right click and then send to Bluetooth select the phone and you are done. Now if you get an error restart the phone and software ....works for me.
    Note: this is not sync per say but at least you can type your contacts in Outlook and forward them to the phone. You can do this one at a time or hilite them in the folder and send as a group. If you send twice you will duplicate the records so be careful otherwise you will be spending time deleting contacts from the phone.
    Here is what not to waste your time on. In no particular order.
    SyncCell….Microsoft ActiveSync….Good Sync….LG Smartphone….Mobile Master…. LG Outlook Sync
    Talend Open Studios …….LG PC SUITE……Winsimpro………Bluetooth Object Push….
    Bitpim……Plinksoft…….LGNPST…
    And never and I mean Never screw around with QPST unless you know what u are doing this will fry your phone faster than a slip of the Enter Key…..Hope this helps and Have a nice day!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi everybody, I am a new member just joined the community
    to share my knowledge with others.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hai, I am a new member just joined the community and want to gain knowledge
    about the above disscuisions from the others members. thank you

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Everyone Should Get the LG enV3 It Rocks... It's From Verizon Wireless.
    Chansep2009

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a LG Versa CX9600...in bitpim it says VX9600....i pick the VX9600 and bitpim reads my phone and works fine...as long as your phone is in the list of supported phones im pretty sure it doesnt matter if its VX or CX....bitpim wouldnt read my phone when i had it as other CDMA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2