Thread: Call Centre vs Retail

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score

Call Centre vs Retail

Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you have an opinion on working in a store vs working in the call centre?

Are the salaries competitive? Is it best for career advancement?

I don't think it is but that's why i'm launching the debate

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^For the majority of people working in Call Centre / Retail, I feel as if there are more opportunities in the Call Centre.

First of all, working Retail, you work for Rogers Retail, not for Fido. Crossing divisions has historically been seen as a challenge, and until very recently, almost impossible to do.

When working at the Call Centre, there are many many many more positions available due to the sheer size / complexities of our call centres vs in Retail.

Salaries in the call centre (especially once you go beyond standard "rep") are more competitive than the retail positions. However, retail = lower base, higher commision, call centre = higher base, lower commission. I guess it depends on what the needs of the employee are.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^ Also depends on retail if you work for a Corporate Store or for a Dealer. Dealers do not have the same opportunities as Corporate. If you were to go corporate you could go somewhere with the job compared to most dealers store manager is the most you will be in probally 5 years.

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    i would say Call Centre, as for retail in 5 years it would be difficult to move up to Store Manager in Rogers Retail
    WorldIRC knows as much as i do regarding this
    There are managers at FIDO that lanuched Fido Solutions Inc with Microcell Solutions still at FIDO as well there are PT that have been there for 5 and few there for 10 years already

Rogers just doesn't give Fido the opportunity they prefer ROGERS until recently but still if they had to choose fido or rogers ppl
    ROGERS would go for ROGERS for sure
    Honestly i can tell you this much
    Call centre u have more opportunity and there positions
    Retail is very difficult
    WorldIRC himself has been in retail for a while and is very talented but still hasn't been promoted yet, and it is very rare you will get a opportunity

Call Centre it is
    TRUST ME
    i use to be corporate rep at FIDO for 2 years then i snapped and quit

Device(s)
    Samsung Link
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada / Bell
    Feedback Score
    Made double in Call Center than what i was making in a retail store, sure commission isnt totally there but more "guarenteed" salary..

Call Center for sure!!

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 800
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphoneSTAR
    i would say Call Centre, as for retail in 5 years it would be difficult to move up to Store Manager in Rogers Retail
    WorldIRC knows as much as i do regarding this
    There are managers at FIDO that lanuched Fido Solutions Inc with Microcell Solutions still at FIDO as well there are PT that have been there for 5 and few there for 10 years already

Rogers just doesn't give Fido the opportunity they prefer ROGERS until recently but still if they had to choose fido or rogers ppl
    ROGERS would go for ROGERS for sure
    Honestly i can tell you this much
    Call centre u have more opportunity and there positions
    Retail is very difficult
    WorldIRC himself has been in retail for a while and is very talented but still hasn't been promoted yet, and it is very rare you will get a opportunity

Call Centre it is
    TRUST ME
    i use to be corporate rep at FIDO for 2 years then i snapped and quit

Not true anymore. I did have to wiat awhile to be a manager but we only had two stores in the city and the managers liked their jobs.

Since I've left, I know at least 3 managers who now have Rogers corporate head office jobs. That is out of the 7 stores I had contact with (I moved cities). I also know a couple who moved to Retail Partners.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphoneSTAR
    Whatcha talking about LOL?

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC

lol

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^I was chuckling as well when I read that...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC
    Hes talking about how you have had the same sales rep position for 12 years and counting we are all at the store level right now