Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Feedback Score
    Okay so everybody is scared that the davinci firmware is gonna mess up their phone, well I could care less, it would give me an excuse to buy myself a new phone anyways. Let's be honest, sonye could make a better phone. So, I propose to "guinea pig it". If it works and we can add 3rd party apps and mod it as much we want than thats cool and I will take back what I said. however, if it does not and were still stuck with t-mobile garbage all I ask is that you guys reimburse me for what I paid for the firmware upgrade. I have a paypal account so you can all make individual donations of atleast $1, cool?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2SE View Post
    Can someone using an SE file tool send me (or upload to rapidshare etc) all the *.ble files located in TPA\PRESET\SYSTEM\lighteffect\systemeffects in their TM717?

I have a program called CodeClaw DB3210. Apparently you create a bin file using that software and then use the bin file in a2uploader to extract the specified files.

I edited a txt file that came with CodeClaw for all of the lighteffects files I had in that directory. But I'm getting an error in CodeClaw when I try to create the bin file. The error says Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Here are the edits I did to the lighteffects.txt file that came with CodeClaw if you want to give it a try and see if you can create the bin file:

//Made by jet1000
    #This is made for TM717
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/alarm.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/keypad_fade.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/keypad_set.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/messaging.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/missed_call_msg.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call_special_1.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call_special_2.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call_special_3.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call_special_4.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/mt_call_special_5.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/power_down.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/power_up.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/reminder.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/reset_special.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/service_menu_test.ble
    tpa/preset/system/lighteffect/systemeffects/system.ble

Feedback Score

Jt

You don't need to create a bin file. You copy the *.ble files, then BLE Editor lets you edit the *.ble files you have listed, and then you just upload the modified ones using A2 uploader...

Feedback Score
    You don't need to create a bin file. You copy the *.ble files
    Yes, I do need a bin file. The bin file is needed to extract the files from the phone with a2uploader.

I'm still not sure why I'm getting the CodeClaw errors. It's been awhile since I've used it.

Feedback Score

Bin files

I take it bin files are the ones that are created in the ph... folder in A2uploader?

Feedback Score
    I take it bin files are the ones that are created in the ph... folder in A2uploader?
    Actually CodeClaw takes that code I posted earlier and creates a bin file. You open that bin file in a2uploader and it extracts the files listed. Unfortunately, after trying on two different computers, I'm getting errors when I try to use CodeClaw to create the bin file. The documentation on CodeClaw is lacking. I need to do some more research or use a different extractor.

Feedback Score
    newbie2SE

This should be what you are looking for. I got the CodeClaw to work. I apologize for the delay. The TM717 had 17 light effects files. I uploaded them to sendspace.com at the link listed below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6hovgu

Let me know if I can be further assistance. I'm interested to hear how the mods turn out. It would be great to have the missed call light flashing more frequently.

Feedback Score
    jet1000 - that is excellent! But I'm still working on my work PC

Here is the BLE Editor: BLE Editor - it seems straightforward.

I'm pretty sure its the missed_call_msg.BLE file you want to open using the BLE Editor (you have the originals/backups on sendspace). At line 20 there is a Pause for '54880,' which is in milliseconds (Divide by 1000, and it means a pause for 54.8 secs between each reminder flash after a missed call). All we need to do (I think!) is modify that pause by changing "54880" in the "Time m/s" box to '2000' (so it lights up every two seconds) or whatever time-frame you prefer. Then go to Save-As in the File menu, and upload the new version back to your phone... That should hopefully be it or thereabouts...

Do you have time to have a tinker?

(Disclaimer: I've no experience with BLE Editor, so don't take my word for gospel - please be careful as any modifications you make with your phone are at your own risk!)

Perhaps the more proficient members can offer guidance...
    Last edited by newbie2SE; 09-26-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Feedback Score
    All we need to do (I think!) is modify that pause by changing "54880" in the "Time m/s" box to '2000' (so it lights up every two seconds)
    This worked as you described. I adjusted it to 2000 and it reduced the flashes to every 2 seconds. Then I reduced it to 1ms so that essentially the indicator would always stay lit and that worked. I have the two variations of the ble file labeled at this address if you want to use one of them.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q4wqdm

If you have a link to anything which better defines the parameters listed in the ble files, I would be interested in that. Now that I have access to them I would like to understand them and modify them.

Thanks you for this.

Feedback Score
    Well done, Jet! Superb work!

Now lets try and make this as practical as possible...

1. At the moment the 1 sec lighting interval is using more energy than if there was no pause. What happens if you remove that pause completely? Try it. What happens if you remove both pauses (the one preceeding it as well)?

2. Will the light stay on indefinitely after a call/text, or will it switch itself off after a predetermined length of time (i.e. 4 hours)

3. How does this affect battery life?

Have a search for BLE Editor on other forums (such as SE-NSE.net) for further instructions as I have nothing personally...

Report back to base

BTW, what tool did you use to upload it back to the phone? How did you end up downloading the BLE files from the phone in the end - I recall there were issues originally...?

Feedback Score
    If you receive an email, will the Reminder light show, or only for missed calls and texts?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Can anybody help me? I have a new tm717, I want to debrand, upgrade,etc. But my windows xp won't seem to get past detecting it. After turning it off, holding C, plugging in usb, the phone will come on, computer will dong, box comes up asking what program to initiate:media player, explorer. All this despite fact that either a2uploader or Sony Update Service is running. PC Suite does work, however.

No worries, I got it!!! Sorry to bother. Just had to reboot one more time!
    Last edited by NotEnoughTime; 09-27-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    hey, thanks for your hard work and advice. I was successful in debranding my phone and uploading the mod files. However, there are still only 4 themes, as there was before. Did I do something wrong or is that the whole ball of wax? Also, the ringtones from t-mobile were not bad but now I've wiped them all and am left only with my quirky ones. Would you have the original ringtone folder?

Feedback Score
    Well done, Jet! Superb work!

1. At the moment the 1 sec lighting interval is using more energy than if there was no pause. What happens if you remove that pause completely?
    There is no 1 sec pause. Please re-read my original post. I made two versions of the file. One with a 2 sec pause (2,000 ms) and one with a 1 ms pause. The file with 1ms essentially keeps the indicator on all the time as my original post stated.

What happens if you remove both pauses (the one preceeding it as well)?
    I don't know what you mean by the pause preceding it. I only edited the 54000ms pause which is apparently the delay between flashes.

2. Will the light stay on indefinitely after a call/text, or will it switch itself off after a predetermined length of time (i.e. 4 hours)
    I have no idea. I haven't had a call that's been missed for over 4 hours. You'd have to try it.

3. How does this affect battery life?
    Again, I would have no idea. I haven't had that many missed calls or text messages.

BTW, what tool did you use to upload it back to the phone?
    a2uploader

How did you end up downloading the BLE files from the phone in the end - I recall there were issues originally...?
    As I stated in a previous post, I got CodeClaw to work. CodeClaw creates a bin that you use per the CodeClaw instructions to extract the files using a2uploader.

If you receive an email, will the Reminder light show, or only for missed calls and texts?
    An email doesn't seem to trigger the missed call/text light.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughTime View Post
    hey, thanks for your hard work and advice. I was successful in debranding my phone and uploading the mod files. However, there are still only 4 themes, as there was before. Did I do something wrong or is that the whole ball of wax? Also, the ringtones from t-mobile were not bad but now I've wiped them all and am left only with my quirky ones. Would you have the original ringtone folder?
    The modification procedure should add about 18 themes to the phone. You can connect your phone in a2uploader and repeat steps 9 and 10:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...x_Modification

Make sure that you are copying the files from the correct downloaded folder to the correct folder on the phone as given in the wiki. If you only see 4 themes then my first guess is the files were not copied as stated.

Did your menu change as well from the original T-Mobile spinning circles menu. If not, then you'll need to repeat step 8 as well.

As for the ringtones & message tones, most of them come from Sony Ericsson and not T-Mobile (an exception being TJingle). You can download them from the Sony Ericsson website via the phone browser at this site:

http://wap.sonyericsson.com/fun/

If you want to listen to them before downloading them to your phone, you can go to the Sony site here. Use T707 for the phone model if TM717 is not shown.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/fun/#ts=...ontentItemId=0

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast