Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, the flash files were there but somehow the theme files were missing. It works great - now I know what I was missing. But seriously, the mod file makes it possible for me to choose my network here in BC. Greatly, appreciated!! Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughTime View Post
    It works great - now I know what I was missing.
    Awesome. Glad to hear you got it working.

Feedback Score
    Just debranded my phone using the service exchange firmware from davinci team and Im pissed! it changed my phone to a t707! Im getting my money back! Btw, I do want to extract this software for everybody, its pretty much well the same as the firmware we use around here except you lose gps but it does support 3rd party apps and the menu layout is almost exactly the same and you can change shortcuts. If we can add gps settings and change it to be a tm717 firmware i'd be cool with that. I dont know how to do the extraction and Im pressed for time so if somebody wants to send me a step by step guide to do that than I will extract and post a link to download the firmware once extracted. If you need my O/S info Im using winxp home edition sp3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr69er View Post
    it changed my phone to a t707!
    Well, they shouldn't call it a TM717 firmware if its for a T707. I don't know of a program to extract the firmware from the phone. But T707 firmware is freely available at Topsony.com:

http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=3511

You can see that a couple of versions of R1EA030 are in the list---which is the same number as the Davinci Service Exchange Unit firmware.

Someone here put T707 firmware on the phone when the Equinox was released and that's when we knew it would disable GPS because the T707 did not have GPS.

But anyone who wanted T707 firmware can download the main and fs files and custom packs free from Topsony and use a2uploader to install them.

Feedback Score
    I'd be pretty annoyed as well! Let us know how quick/easy they are to refund...

Feedback Score
    Its a total scam, they probably just ripped it from topsony themselves. But, honestly you really cant tell the difference between the tm707 davinci and tm717 firmware that's used here except for the fact that gps is now missing. Is the firmware from topsony generic or tmobile influenced? Im wondering if its possible to add the gps code from the tm717 customize.xml file to the tm707 customize.xml file. Does anybody know or have tried this?

Feedback Score
    Jet, how's the mod working out for you? How does it seem to be affecting battery life? Have you taken things any further since?

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    This worked as you described. I adjusted it to 2000 and it reduced the flashes to every 2 seconds. Then I reduced it to 1ms so that essentially the indicator would always stay lit and that worked. I have the two variations of the ble file labeled at this address if you want to use one of them.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q4wqdm

If you have a link to anything which better defines the parameters listed in the ble files, I would be interested in that. Now that I have access to them I would like to understand them and modify them.

Thanks you for this.

Feedback Score
    Another thing, Jet - through the debranding wiki that you authored http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...x_Modification, will I lose GPS at all?

Also, does your debrand 'cure' the issue with the TM717 not being able to run non-signed apps such as the Gmail App?

Feedback Score
    Im wondering if its possible to add the gps code from the tm717 customize.xml file to the tm707 customize.xml file.
    No, I'm sure that's code is probably contained in the main file, not the customize.xml file. Thus you would need the actual TM717 firmware to get GPS functionality back.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2SE

Jet, how's the mod working out for you? How does it seem to be affecting battery life? Have you taken things any further since?
    I haven't taken it any further. It's working fine. I don't have that many missed items, so I've noticed no difference in battery life.

through the debranding wiki that you authored http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...x_Modification, will I lose GPS at all?
    No.

Also, does your debrand 'cure' the issue with the TM717 not being able to run non-signed apps such as the Gmail App?
    No. Any apps that will not install or run might be fixed using the halmer method described earlier:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...7#post13689847

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    No. Any apps that will not install or run might be fixed using the halmer method described earlier:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...7#post13689847
    Superb - thank you.

Feedback Score
    Where is the 'Calendar Reminder' sound located? The current one is too quiet and quick - needs a change...

Feedback Score
    Is there no way of incorporating the Halmer Method into the customize.xml file, se we can download jars on the go rather than running them through the process?

What is the mose recent firmware for the Equinox? I only know of the default one, and I think its about time for an update...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2SE View Post
    Is there no way of incorporating the Halmer Method into the customize.xml file, se we can download jars on the go rather than running them through the process?
    Right, there's no way to incorporate that in the customize.xml file.

What is the mose recent firmware for the Equinox? I only know of the default one,
    Correct, the existing one, is the only one that has been released.

Feedback Score
    Im trying to extract the davinci generic t707 customize.xml file using codeclaw and a2, but I dont know the procedure using codeclaw and a2. Is there a wiki? or can someone explain? thank you

Feedback Score
    Im trying to extract the davinci generic t707 customize.xml file using codeclaw and a2, but I dont know the procedure using codeclaw and a2. Is there a wiki? or can someone explain? thank you
    Codeclaw is pretty simple. When you extract the codeclaw files on your computer there should be a folder called shortcuts. Using notepad, open up the one that says cust_pak.txt. Save it as customize.txt in the same folder. Then delete all of the paths except for the one that's for the customize.xml.

Save the file and start CodeClaw. Go to the shortcuts drop down box and you should see the customize.txt that you just made. Select it and it should put the path for the customize.xml file on the screen:

TPA/preset/custom/Customize.xml

Now you need to File, Save As, and save this to a .bin file.

That's all you need to use codeclaw for.

Then as the CodeClaw instructions state:

2. Start A2 Uploader and in the misc box load your .bin file and press Flash (Very important that you use Flash and not Write script)

3. Connect phone with C and wait

4. Start phone let the “Please wait” Screen dissapear, now browse to FileManager > codeclaw > and browse to your file and send to pc.

It basically puts the extracted file in a directory on your phone. I just open the phone up in the computer's file manager and copy the file off.

That's the procedure.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast