Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Feedback Score
    Now you need to File, Save As, and save this to a .bin file.

Thank you again jet1000! One small question, do I need to save the file as codeclaw.bin or leave the .bin file nameless? I couldnt find anything in the phone File Manager.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr69er View Post
    Now you need to File, Save As, and save this to a .bin file.

Thank you again jet1000! One small question, do I need to save the file as codeclaw.bin or leave the .bin file nameless? I couldnt find anything in the phone File Manager.
    You can name the bin file anything you want. You'll need to know what you called it when you select it in the a2uploader step. The bin file contains the instructions for a2uploader to execute to extract the files you want extracted.

You won't find anything in the file manager until you do the a2uploader step.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You can name the bin file anything you want. You'll need to know what you called it when you select it in the a2uploader step. The bin file contains the instructions for a2uploader to execute to extract the files you want extracted.

You won't find anything in the file manager until you do the a2uploader step.
    I followed the instructions to the letter but there is no .bin file. I flashed the file, turned the phone on it said Please Wait for about 3 seconds. I went to File Manager and I never saw codeclaw or any .bin file. This is the File Manager in the phone Organiser menu right? Should I disconnect the phone and than search it or should I plug back in and than search for the file? I have tried both methods and nothing. Should the phone be in Phone Mode, Mass Storage, etc? I dont know what I missed.

Feedback Score
    take the phone off the usb cable... Take battery out, re-insert battery, keep phone switched Off, hold down numbers 2 and 5 on the keypad , then reattach cable whilst keeping numbers pressed pressed. It will then connect (you'll see stuff happening on screen), you can remove fingers from keys and start navigating the phone's internal filesystem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2SE View Post
    take the phone off the usb cable... Take battery out, re-insert battery, keep phone switched Off, hold down numbers 2 and 5 on the keypad , then reattach cable whilst keeping numbers pressed pressed. It will then connect (you'll see stuff happening on screen), you can remove fingers from keys and start navigating the phone's internal filesystem.
    I already flashed the file to the phone. Are you telling me after I flash the file I should dis/reconnect the usb and battery and press 2+5 and than run Filesystem on A2 or does a screen show up on my phone? I plugged the phone into the computer pressing 2+5 without running a2 and the Mass Storage option connected to the comp. I also tried running a2 and pressing 2+5 and I still cant find the file, Im 100% sure I flashed it on the phone.

Feedback Score
    I followed the instructions to the letter but there is no .bin file. I flashed the file, turned the phone on it said Please Wait for about 3 seconds. I went to File Manager and I never saw codeclaw or any .bin file.
    I'm confused. Since the bin file is used to flash the phone, and you say you flashed the file, how could you not see the bin file?

Let's review. Codeclaw creates a bin file based on the text file(s) with the pathnames.

While in codeclaw you do a File, Save As, you name the bin file whatever you want. You exit codeclaw.

Next you open A2uploader. You browse to the bin file that you created with CodeClaw. You flash the file. When it's done you turn your phone back on.

You go into the phone's file manager. In the list you will see a folder called codeclaw. That will contain the files that you requested be extracted. Transfer the files from there to your pc.

Feedback Score
    I'm confused. Since the bin file is used to flash the phone, and you say you flashed the file, how could you not see the bin file?

Let's review. Codeclaw creates a bin file based on the text file(s) with the pathnames.

While in codeclaw you do a File, Save As, you name the bin file whatever you want. You exit codeclaw.

Next you open A2uploader. You browse to the bin file that you created with CodeClaw. You flash the file. When it's done you turn your phone back on.

You go into the phone's file manager. In the list you will see a folder called codeclaw. That will contain the files that you requested be extracted. Transfer the files from there to your pc.

As am I. I did all you mentioned above. Remember, my phone is now a T707 after the davinci boondoggle. Maybe davinci's firmware prevents me from extracting files? I tried debranding with topsony firmwares and I still could not find the .bin file after going through the procedure again. I switched back to the davinci firmware today and did everything you explained again and nothing. Maybe this method is for the tm717 only? Im trying now to switch my cert. to brown through omnious and just copy and paste, but now I have trouble with omnious, like Borat would say "pain in my a**holes!"

Feedback Score
    Finally, I broke through! Here is the customize.xml code from davinci's CS exchange firmware.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customization>
    <info>
    <cda-number>1214-0846</cda-number>
    <cda-revision>R2A</cda-revision>
    <country>Worldwide</country>
    <operator>Generic - Customer Services</operator>
    <language-variant-name>CS</language-variant-name>
    <allowed-language>en</allowed-language>
    </info>
    </customization>

Btw, is there a way to extract the main firmware?

Feedback Score
    There is not a way that I know of to extract the main file of the fimrware. I don't know how it's done.

Why were you interested in getting the customize.xml file anyway? Is there something you wanted to see?

Feedback Score
    There is not a way that I know of to extract the main file of the fimrware. I don't know how it's done.

Why were you interested in getting the customize.xml file anyway? Is there something you wanted to see?
    i want to acquire the t707 generic internet menu. im not a t-mobile user. i dont want t-moble crap. i want to replace internet and my account t-mobile menu's with generic se menu's like how i have with the davinci t707 firmware. i was also hoping that this could be incorporated into the tm717 customized.upgrade.xml file here. any help with that is appreciated. my phone is now brown certified so hopefully i can extract that stuff.

Feedback Score
    i want to acquire the t707 generic internet menu. im not a t-mobile user. i dont want t-moble crap. i want to replace internet and my account t-mobile menu's with generic se menu's like how i have with the davinci t707 firmware. i was also hoping that this could be incorporated into the tm717 customized.upgrade.xml file here. any help with that is appreciated. my phone is now brown certified so hopefully i can extract that stuff.
    When I made the Equinox modification wiki, I took a t707 menu.ml file and changed it for use on the TM717. T-Mobile had screwed up the menu royally, so I had to adjust them.

The menu.ml file can be edited with Notepad. You can download my menu.ml file from the wiki. I did not figure out how to change the internet and account icons. Maybe you can compare that menu.ml to the menu.ml you have on your phone and find the changes that need to be made. One issue is the icons are stored in other files (I'm not sure where), so you'd have to replace the actual icon as well.

Feedback Score
    When I made the Equinox modification wiki, I took a t707 menu.ml file and changed it for use on the TM717. T-Mobile had screwed up the menu royally, so I had to adjust them.

The menu.ml file can be edited with Notepad. You can download my menu.ml file from the wiki. I did not figure out how to change the internet and account icons. Maybe you can compare that menu.ml to the menu.ml you have on your phone and find the changes that need to be made. One issue is the icons are stored in other files (I'm not sure where), so you'd have to replace the actual icon as well.

The menu.ml file is basically the same as yours. Same date and programmer name. So I just need the icons, right?

Feedback Score
    The menu.ml file is basically the same as yours. Same date and programmer name. So I just need the icons, right?
    Well this is the information that looks like it applies to the first two icons:

<element lock="icons" id="PlayNow" replace="next">
    <icon pos="large" source="internal">PREPLAY_DESKTOP_SINGLE_ICN</icon>
    <!--Desktop Element 1 using DESKTOP_HOOK_1 -->
    <label type="name" textid="DIL_PRE_PLAY_LINK_TXT" />
    <icon pos="selected" source="internal">PREPLAY_DESKTOP_SELECTED_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="shortcut" source="internal">RN_SHORTCUT_LIST_PREPLAY_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="unselected" source="internal">PREPLAY_DESKTOP_ICN</icon>
    <link type="internal" />
    </element>

<element lock="icons" id="OperatorWebPage">
    <icon pos="large" source="internal">DESKTOP_OPERATOR_SINGLE_ICN</icon>
    <label type="name" textid="SONYERICSSON_TXT" />
    <icon pos="selected" source="internal">DESKTOP_OPERATOR_SELECTED_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="shortcut" source="internal">RN_SHORTCUT_LIST_OPERATOR_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="unselected" source="internal">DESKTOP_OPERATOR_ICN</icon>
    <link type="internal" />
    </element>

<element lock="icons" id="InternetServices">
    <icon pos="large" source="internal">DESKTOP_WAP_SINGLE_ICN</icon>
    <!--Desktop Element 2 using DESKTOP_HOOK_2 -->
    <label type="name" textid="OLP_TITLE_TXT" />
    <icon pos="selected" source="internal">DESKTOP_WAP_SELECTED_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="shortcut" source="internal">RN_SHORTCUT_LIST_WAP_ICN</icon>
    <icon pos="unselected" source="internal">DESKTOP_WAP_ICN</icon>
    <link type="internal" />
    </element>

I don't know where the icons are stored. It says that element 1 and element 2 uses Desktop Hook 1 & Desktop Hook 2. I see Desktop Hook 2 on my phone but not Desktop Hook 1. You can extract the hook file using codeclaw and edit it using notepad as well.

Maybe you could get the missing files from the T707 firmware and put it onto the phone using a2uploader. And then make sure the menu.ml file calls the right item in the above code.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have customize the TM717 and use it on Cradlepoint. Sometime the phone keeps turning on and off internet. I am wonder if its the software or the cradlepoint issue or dead spot.

Does anyone have the T-mobile stock file? I totally forgot to backup the old software.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itouchmacbook View Post

Does anyone have the T-mobile stock file? I totally forgot to backup the old software.
    The stock customize.xml file?

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast