Thread: BlackBerry 8900 with OS 5.0

Feedback Score

BlackBerry 8900 with OS 5.0

Hi, I'm using a BlackBerry 8900 with OS 5.0. Since I've upgraded I still have my carrier's browser, but I've lost the BlackBerry browser option. I've configured the APN, but no joy. My carrier is MTS Russia, and I have BIS. My other issue is that I can't access the Facebook app - I get a connection issue message. I also had the connection issue while running 4.6 which is why I upgraded. Any ideas? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You just need to log into your providers BIS page and resend the service books to the device. Any time you upgrade the OS, you need to do this.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    You just need to log into your providers BIS page and resend the service books to the device. Any time you upgrade the OS, you need to do this.
    you shouldnt have to re-log into the carriers BIS site after an OS upgrade. the phone will re-register on the network on its own. when i went to 5.0.0.238 on my 8900, me and a bunch of other people, lost the internet browser. the only fix was manually loading the service books to the phone. this was a common fix for people unlocking and using the Storm on AT&T. i dont know if this fix will or can work for foreign carriers, but it was something that re-registering the HRT and BIS site/re-send service books wouldnt fix. im now on 5.0.0.314 and the browser issue was not necessary. he can try resending/re-registering but i dont think it will work.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any time that I have upgraded an OS, I have needed to do that. It is always a good idea to do it to ensure that you get them on the device.