Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

Feedback Score
    Now I can't activate a new phone, or if it's in the process of activating, I can't get the web site to admit there's an open transaction.

Yesterday evening I activated a Rebel2 (TF ebay store purchase, 1200/1200/1200/365 included). Entered the serial number while logged into my account, selected the phone number of the old ATT feature phone I'm transferring 3000 minutes from, and it went to the 'your port is in process' screen. Today, late morning, the old phone still works, I check my account and the old phone is listed as usual, with the old minutes, number, and expiration date. I check my ticket and there's no ticket associated with that phone number.

So I go through the activation process online once again, and it doesn't tell me that phone's in the process of being activated.
    I go through the port and activate process again, and I get the same results as last night.

So, do I wait a couple days and see what happens, or do I try to do something about it now?
    I tried online chat and it just opens up an empty chat box on my computer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Now I can't activate a new phone, or if it's in the process of activating, I can't get the web site to admit there's an open transaction.

Yesterday evening I activated a Rebel2 (TF ebay store purchase, 1200/1200/1200/365 included). Entered the serial number while logged into my account, selected the phone number of the old ATT feature phone I'm transferring 3000 minutes from, and it went to the 'your port is in process' screen. Today, late morning, the old phone still works, I check my account and the old phone is listed as usual, with the old minutes, number, and expiration date. I check my ticket and there's no ticket associated with that phone number.

So I go through the activation process online once again, and it doesn't tell me that phone's in the process of being activated.
    I go through the port and activate process again, and I get the same results as last night.

So, do I wait a couple days and see what happens, or do I try to do something about it now?
    I tried online chat and it just opens up an empty chat box on my computer.
    did you try restarting the new phone ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try restarting the new phone ??
    I did do that a couple of times, but normally you don't look at the new phone until the old one quits working and I can still make calls with the old phone.

EDIT: I just called and initiated the transfer via the automated phone system.
    That's twice online and once by phone.
    I think I should do nothing for the next 24 hours and see what, if anything, happens.
    I've gotten used to ATT->Verizon transfers taking ten minutes to one hour, but that's not happening for me this week.
    EDIT2:
    Doing it by calling Tracfone got the transfer under way in a hurry.
    My account now shows an extra year and 1200 minutes from the new phone, and the old phone quit working.
    Power cycled the new phone, and got a welcome text message.
    So all is good, except the functionality of the online activation tool in my web browser.
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 09-11-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I realize that you've got the activation/transfer completed by contacting TF. But as an FYI, the web site has failed to complete a CROSS-CARRIER activation/transfer since this July. Like you said, it would say "SUCCESS! Your request has been submitted" or something similar, but the request just went into a "bit-bucket" somewhere and never got processed. Same-carrier activation/transfers work online though.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I was wondering if I purchase a Total Wireless or Simple Mobile iPhone SE can I use it on the Tracfone service with a BYOP Sim card I previously have from my old iPhone se on tracfone which just died?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15