Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Noob guide to Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk/America Movil

Feedback Score
    Now I can't activate a new phone, or if it's in the process of activating, I can't get the web site to admit there's an open transaction.

Yesterday evening I activated a Rebel2 (TF ebay store purchase, 1200/1200/1200/365 included). Entered the serial number while logged into my account, selected the phone number of the old ATT feature phone I'm transferring 3000 minutes from, and it went to the 'your port is in process' screen. Today, late morning, the old phone still works, I check my account and the old phone is listed as usual, with the old minutes, number, and expiration date. I check my ticket and there's no ticket associated with that phone number.

So I go through the activation process online once again, and it doesn't tell me that phone's in the process of being activated.
    I go through the port and activate process again, and I get the same results as last night.

So, do I wait a couple days and see what happens, or do I try to do something about it now?
    I tried online chat and it just opens up an empty chat box on my computer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    Now I can't activate a new phone, or if it's in the process of activating, I can't get the web site to admit there's an open transaction.

Yesterday evening I activated a Rebel2 (TF ebay store purchase, 1200/1200/1200/365 included). Entered the serial number while logged into my account, selected the phone number of the old ATT feature phone I'm transferring 3000 minutes from, and it went to the 'your port is in process' screen. Today, late morning, the old phone still works, I check my account and the old phone is listed as usual, with the old minutes, number, and expiration date. I check my ticket and there's no ticket associated with that phone number.

So I go through the activation process online once again, and it doesn't tell me that phone's in the process of being activated.
    I go through the port and activate process again, and I get the same results as last night.

So, do I wait a couple days and see what happens, or do I try to do something about it now?
    I tried online chat and it just opens up an empty chat box on my computer.
    did you try restarting the new phone ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try restarting the new phone ??
    I did do that a couple of times, but normally you don't look at the new phone until the old one quits working and I can still make calls with the old phone.

EDIT: I just called and initiated the transfer via the automated phone system.
    That's twice online and once by phone.
    I think I should do nothing for the next 24 hours and see what, if anything, happens.
    I've gotten used to ATT->Verizon transfers taking ten minutes to one hour, but that's not happening for me this week.
    EDIT2:
    Doing it by calling Tracfone got the transfer under way in a hurry.
    My account now shows an extra year and 1200 minutes from the new phone, and the old phone quit working.
    Power cycled the new phone, and got a welcome text message.
    So all is good, except the functionality of the online activation tool in my web browser.
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 09-11-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I realize that you've got the activation/transfer completed by contacting TF. But as an FYI, the web site has failed to complete a CROSS-CARRIER activation/transfer since this July. Like you said, it would say "SUCCESS! Your request has been submitted" or something similar, but the request just went into a "bit-bucket" somewhere and never got processed. Same-carrier activation/transfers work online though.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I was wondering if I purchase a Total Wireless or Simple Mobile iPhone SE can I use it on the Tracfone service with a BYOP Sim card I previously have from my old iPhone se on tracfone which just died?

Feedback Score
    Changing phone numbers on Verizon served Tracfone branded 4G LTE (transferring my 3G BYOP phone number into an active 4G phone), do I have to wait for a new SIM card from Fedex like I do with a 3G GSM phone, or can they change the number on the existing 4G SIM?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Changing phone numbers on Verizon served Tracfone branded 4G LTE (transferring my 3G BYOP phone number into an active 4G phone), do I have to wait for a new SIM card from Fedex like I do with a 3G GSM phone, or can they change the number on the existing 4G SIM?
    A CDMA SIM (phone used on TF/VZ) can be reused. You don't need a new SIM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It seems that the Verizon SIM's are reusable. Not sure why they send new SIM's for the others tho.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theresap1 View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if I purchase a Total Wireless or Simple Mobile iPhone SE can I use it on the Tracfone service with a BYOP Sim card I previously have from my old iPhone se on tracfone which just died?
    Success varies, some people (claim) to successfully use "sister-brand" phones on TF, while the majority do not activate/display errors. YMMV
    (Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '17- : BYOP(Vzw)/UsC Moto E4
    2. '16-'17 : BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526
    3. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    4. '12-'14 : LG800g
    5. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A CDMA SIM (phone used on TF/VZ) can be reused. You don't need a new SIM.
    If I reactivated my expired TMFL ZTE Cymbal T which is TF-VZ, then wanted to transfer its service minutes and number to another CDMA phone later, would the TMFL transfer with it or would it just be smartphone only on the new phone after the transfer if the new phone is smartphone only?

I ask that because I don't like the Cymbal T very much, but would like to save the TMFL feature. I suspect the TMFL service may not transfer though, right?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    If I reactivated my expired TMFL ZTE Cymbal T which is TF-VZ, then wanted to transfer its service minutes and number to another CDMA phone later, would the TMFL transfer with it or would it just be smartphone only on the new phone after the transfer if the new phone is smartphone only?
    The TMFL benefit of a TF-branded phone is tied to the phone's IMEI. The TMFL benefit of a BYOP SIM is tied to the SIM number. If the Cymbal T is TF-branded, its TMFL benefit does not transfer to a new phone.

Feedback Score
    The TMFL benefit of a TF-branded phone is tied to the phone's IMEI. The TMFL benefit of a BYOP SIM is tied to the SIM number. If the Cymbal T is TF-branded, its TMFL benefit does not transfer to a new phone.
    Thanks for the info. I thought I had read somewhere that people occasionally won the TMFL lotto doing transfers, but right I didn't think I could get that lucky. Would sure love to have TMFL on this reconditioned Samsung J3 I just got. It's pretty smooth & nice.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I thought I had read somewhere that people occasionally won the TMFL lotto doing transfers, but right I didn't think I could get that lucky. Would sure love to have TMFL on this reconditioned Samsung J3 I just got.
    You never know. This March, I bought from TF website and activated a J3 Sky. The box had no mention of TMFL, but if I go to TF web site and go through the process of shopping for time cards for that phone, it shows me both the traditional PAYGO cards and the smartphone cards, which implies it has TMFL.

Feedback Score
    You never know. This March, I bought from TF website and activated a J3 Sky. The box had no mention of TMFL, but if I go to TF web site and go through the process of shopping for time cards for that phone, it shows me both the traditional PAYGO cards and the smartphone cards, which implies it has TMFL.
    When your Sky was originally sold it must have been in the days of TMFL instead of smartphone only, would be nice if my Luna Pro was. One way to find out is to activate and see what cards it'll accept.

Feedback Score
    What happens when a basic 60 minutes 90 day card gets added to a phone that is activated on a "smartphone only" SIM, does it split into 3 buckets of 60 mins, 60 messages, 60mb data?

I know the smartphone plan cards are a better deal, more for the money but just wondered.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast