Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will unlocked GSM Bell/Telus phones work on Fido?

Device(s)
    X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    it also currently costs $3.75 CAD to unlock the Bold 9700 from Rogers (or any other Blackberry from Rogers).
    What do you mean by this? PM if necessary

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16 GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To unlock a Rogers branded BlackBerry it only costs $3.75 on eBay. But with Bell and Telus they've added an extra lock on the 9700 so it's more expensive since they have to unlock it twice rather than once with a Rogers BB. It costs around $60 to unlock Bell/Telus 9700s.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I got my bell 9700 unlocked for $30 from the remote unlocker...

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ovifan
    Where did you get your BB 9700? And if you don't mind my asking how much did you pay? I'm going nuts trying to find one at a decent price!
    Signed a 3 year agreement with Bell got the phone for $229 + $50 gift card from Future Shop.

Anyways, your best bet is buying the phone outright for $599.99 from Telus as they have lots in stock at most dealers (Future Shop had a bunch).

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As long as your iPhone 3G/3GS unlocked. You can put the Bell Simcard and get the connection as I did.

Bell has the cheapest and the best voice plan than Telus/Fido/Rogers but I still love my $30 - 6GB data plan on Fido. Hard to make decision.
    ----------------------------
    check my feedback at : http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16978

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16 GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Bell has the worst customer service.. I would stick with Fido. It might look like Bell has the cheapest plans (imo they don't) but then once you get your bill you're going to start seeing all these extra charges popping up for no reason and your bill won't be very clear, and they won't care or do anything.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy-ATM
    What do you mean by this? PM if necessary
    The price has apparently gone up since the link is now $5 for Rogers Blackberries but I got mine from MobileInCanada and was able to unlock my Rogers Blackberry Bold 9700.

http://www.mobileincanada.com/?l=en&...oupon=tracking

The regular price at this site without the coupon is $20. Their price actually went to $1 a few days ago for Rogers' Blackberries.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Device(s)
    BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Resurrecting an ancient thread but...

Here is my scenario. I have to work with a client in Fort Nelson and further north BC. Rogers (my current carrier) has nil coverage up there, Fort St Johns and back towards DC, no problem but Fort Nelson, nada. I have been told that Telus works and works fairly well.

For comms, I am planning on taking my Blackberry Bold on Rogers (locked to Rogers), I can still get email etc via hotel WIFI. I have a satellite phone for the area without ANY coverage by any carrier. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 Curve (GSM) that I was hoping that a Telus prepaid 3G SIM will work in. I do not need BB services on this phone (BB 8320) just voice and text via prepaid card.

After some reading it seems that a Telus prepaid SIM will work on an unlocked 3G (T-Mobile GSM) phone (my old BB 3820 Curve) Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I am trying to avoid buying a throw away mobile for this trip into Telus territory by using my old BB as the handset.
    BlackBerry9000 (4.6.0.3038) on Rogers

USMC 1988-1996
    Your Feedom; Our Lives; No Complaints

Device(s)
    my hero
    Carrier(s)
    telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    you can just goto this link and enter the phone imei to check if it will work on telus

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10, iPhone XS MAX
    Carrier(s)
    Programmer
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, they will work with Fido and any other operator. But before you unlock it first check whether the device is clean or blacklisted - you can use this link http://mobility.telus.com/devicecomp...deviceCheck.do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3