Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible to use only Verizon Data with Google Voice for calls?

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgit
    Hello, I'm totally brand new to this forum by stumbling upon this thread. I've been looking into voip calling with sipdroid fo months since I get spotty service in my house. I got the samsung moment and after many trials and much research it looks like there is an issue with all moments and sipdroid. You can get it to connect on the 2 phones, but there is no audio. For the above poster that was thinking about the moment I've seen multiple accounts of the same problem. It could be fixed with the 2.1 upgrade but that is only speculation.

I was following this blog http://iiordanov.blogspot.com/2009/0...-gv-guava.html this blog is also listed on sipdroid website. It is a full tutorial on how to set up gizmo5 and google voice to make voip calling. Unfortunately gizmo5 got aquired (around November 15) about the same time I got my moment. So I didn't get a chance to set up an account, put my name on the list.

Long story short for anyone else in this thread without a samsung moment this might help, I successfully set up my sipdroid app with a sipgate account instead of gizmo5. It's a similar internet calling service found at sipgate.com Using pretty much the same directions on the blog you can figure out how to set it all up. But for anyone without a moment you don't have to wait for gizmo5 to come back. I think when google rereleases Gizmo it will definitely be worth getting, but for anyone that doesn't want to wait this will work for the now.

Hope this helps.

So you're saying sipgate is JUST AS GOOD as gizmo5? Anyone else have experience with sipgate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mushka72
    So you're saying sipgate is JUST AS GOOD as gizmo5? Anyone else have experience with sipgate?
    I don't know if just as good is the right phrase, but it works and you don't have to wait around for gizmo5 to come back. Google Voice has gizmo integrated into it, so it's easier to use. But it still works with sipgate.

Feedback Score
    I've not used it, but sipgate will do what you need. Any SIP provider will work(some cost money, but not very much)

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The OBI box will allow the Google Voice to be used as VOIP. You will need the OBI 200 or 202. Will also need a USB to RJ45 adapter for use on a smart phone. See https://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-...onnection.html Then you will need a cordless or old landline phone to plug into the OBI.

OBI 100 series doesn't work anymore on GV. If you find one used, it will work on some of the SIP services.

I have been using GV on an old 3G smartphone for calling both ways using the GV app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2