Thread: Moto Barrage Ringtone Question

Device(s)
    Moto Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Moto Barrage Ringtone Question

Howdy,

I recently added some ringtones to my Barrage via P2K Commander and it worked great. However, I had made a couple of the ringtones very quickly and ended up with some lousy sound quality for the files. I've since corrected the issue and I want to remove the older versions so that I can upload the cleaner ones. The problem is... they don't want to be removed!

In P2K Commander, I deleted the files in question, along with the MyToneDB.db file, and then powercycled the phone. When it came back up, the files were still there. Is there another .db that I need to delete as well?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid,Storm 2,Samsung Omnia,Moto MAXX VE love it!!!,samsung u900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamboparty
    Howdy,

I recently added some ringtones to my Barrage via P2K Commander and it worked great. However, I had made a couple of the ringtones very quickly and ended up with some lousy sound quality for the files. I've since corrected the issue and I want to remove the older versions so that I can upload the cleaner ones. The problem is... they don't want to be removed!

In P2K Commander, I deleted the files in question, along with the MyToneDB.db file, and then powercycled the phone. When it came back up, the files were still there. Is there another .db that I need to delete as well?
    just copy them with the same name and will be replaced by the new one now on this phone like the v750 you don't need to erase the .db files
    Gran doble u

Device(s)
    Moto Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did try that, but it still plays the older version for some reason.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid,Storm 2,Samsung Omnia,Moto MAXX VE love it!!!,samsung u900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamboparty
    I did try that, but it still plays the older version for some reason.
    what version of p2k are you using?

Feedback Score
    How did you get the ringtones on your phone. I used P2k the new 6.0 version and was able to move them to the audio file under shared folder. After hitting the restart button and disconnecting the phone there is no new files on the phone. What am I doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    I have the same problem. I have the V860 Barrage and can add ringtones but they go to the phone with attribute "4" and I wish they would go to it as "0" - I try and delete these in P2K with no success.

Desperate for help.

Feedback Score

Motorola Barrage V860 Ringtones FUBAR problems

Quote Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
    I have the same problem. I have the V860 Barrage and can add ringtones but they go to the phone with attribute "4" and I wish they would go to it as "0" - I try and delete these in P2K with no success.

Desperate for help.
    I have same problem some ringtones actualy are at 0 file size which dont work and I tried sending them with same name hoping they would be over writen that does not work I can add new ones but not delete! this is realy anoying, I even tried to moving the ringtone to my SD card and get message "no files can be moved" I used Pk2 Commander
    ver.6 the files have atribute 4. I tried changing the atribute but it wont let me. I tried everything I found in other posts there must be a genius out there that has the answer. I have no problems to change aything in phone or computers, if necesary.
    Please Help!
    Masbro

Feedback Score
    I am have the same problem I have tried everything my limited knowledge could think of. Still no answers from anyone, wow, must have everyone stumped. Will be watching this thead for possible solution to this problem, good luck.

Feedback Score

Wow

As of today I see the experts are stumped I tried same as all post that people tried
    Masbro

Feedback Score
    I found away around this problem, but recently I think verizon/motorola changed the software (in may/2011).

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4EeKW-LY8

Feedback Score
    I think your right about the software change.

Feedback Score
    I think P2K Commander is very limited cant do much when one wants to do advance features most dont work
    like why cant you delete simple things like ringtones what does software change have to do with that when I had other phones worked great there must be some thing better out there? Now by tryng all the things that was sugested here renaming etc. I have 8 ringtones with 0 in files on phone (Barage) that sucks. Verizon also suxs, unfortunate I have no other carrier in my areathat will work.