Thread: Retail to call centre back to retail?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Retail to call centre back to retail?

Hey All,

I've got an opinion question to ask any of you current Rogers employees.

I started at Rogers about a year and a half ago at retail making half decent money but nothing fantastic. Recently, I took a job at the inbound call centre and I'm really not liking it.

The only reason I am staying is because the pay (salary) is better and so are the commission structures.

What I'm getting at is this - as far as the retail side is considered is there really any advancement opportunities? I can understand going from CSC to assistant manager and then store manager but do those positions pay well?

Ideally I'd like to stay with the company because they've treated me well but if I were to go back to the retail side of things how would my advancement opportunities look?

Thanks guys!

(PS. As a side note - any one know the salary of assistant managers and store managers?)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello all,

Sorry to bump a (very) old thread but I figured I would just ask here again rather than making an entirely new thread. I left the company in June of this year (2010) and have since worked various odd sales jobs but I always feel compelled to return to Rogers as I was treated wonderfully.

Recently, one of my old colleagues was promoted to store manager and had hinted at the fact of me coming back to fill the role of a regular sales agent. My question is that of the post above - is there really much advancement opportunity in the retail side of things; or with 'skills' you build?

I understand that Rogers as a company is so huge that there are hundreds of different roles to fill but what are the realistic chances of going CSR --> AM --> SM --> Area Manager --> Something else?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Since you worked in Retail, you should already be familiar with Salary Grades... I don't know much of the specifics, but I know a lot of folks left to pursue other retail positions with competitors, they are somewhat happy there too. If I were you, I'd use the skills you acquired as a stepping stone and try a bigger and better opportunity, Especially if your hungry for money.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Care to elaborate? I know the money wasn't great but a manager can make decent money if they hit their bonuses, no?