Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why I hate Time Warner Cable

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Check out these stellar speeds..

Server is also in greensboro, where I live!!!

I have power boost fyi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks pretty snappy, I don't see a problem. Maybe if you give RR more money they'll power boost your speeds up to .25 mb/s

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have TWC in DFW, and latency during the day is pretty high. it's pretty useless to use T-Mobile's home phone service. Usually I have to stop internet usage in order to make phone over IP.

Since TWC is the only company servicing my area (Arlington) they could care less if I complain.

Time Warner Cable Suck! But only During the day, Blazing fast from 12AM to 10AM!

Just a rant.

deathtrip Guest
    Those speeds look like what you'd get if you had a modem connected but didn't have an account, and were using different name servers to bypass their own DNS. :/

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    i have time warner in san diego and i pay 46.99 for 20mb cable, i max over 30mb and it never goes down.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T - Absolutely Horrible
    Feedback Score
    The speedtest below is on a wireless connection at peak time, if I were on a hardwired connection speed would have been over 50mb download, let me also say that this is on a Docsis 3 modem. Speeds will vary in areas where there are too many people using the service, It is not a time warner issue, any carrier that has too many people using the service at one time is bound to have problems, what needs to be done is split the node so they get the correct number of people per node until the speeds normalize. the problem is that it is expensive and time consuming, but eventually it will need to be done. In regard to distance from the Headend, that has nothing to do with speeds on cable, Now if you are talking about DSL then yes distance makes a huge difference.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by braindead5400
    My internet with Time Warner here in Wisconsin is always great, it's the cable service (especially when it comes to HD and cable cards) that I have a huge issue with.
    Those are my exact thoughts. I have always had good luck with Roadrunner. However, almost all my problems with Time Warner lie with their cable TV service.

About a year ago I moved out of Time Warner's service area into Charter's. If you think Time Warner is bad... Charter is way worst. Everytime I speed tested my Roadrunner connection, it was always within 1mbps of the advertised speed. However, Charter can't even manage to do that, when it even works. I had Charter for about a month before switching to 1.5mbps DSL. Granted I miss the speed of cable internet but I also like my internet connection to work when I want to use it.
    Remember kids... Bribery is illegal but lobbying is not

Mick662: "Someday, you will meet people on the internet who are so dumb, you will find it hard to comprehend. They probably got beat up a lot at school for being this dumb. And they deserved it".

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    My speeds are all over the board from 12mbps to 30mbps now. My friend who has TWC gets speeds up to 40mbps on the download but can never complete a speedtest without a error (the download finishes but upload wont).

I want FIOS to come here. Like someone else said, in WI you dont really have a choice.

My uptime is great and I have had TWC for over 10 years now, no major issues, using the same modem, and my uptime is great. It's just the price, is starting to become too much just for internet. Give us a better upload speed and I won't complain as much about the price.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I will agree with you there. Time Warner's prices are getting a little out of hand. But then again it seems like all cable operators have similar pricing. Pretty much the same story as what is happening in the wireless industry.

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-t349
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mine's pretty decent:

[IMG][/IMG]

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    My speeds are all over the board from 12mbps to 30mbps now. My friend who has TWC gets speeds up to 40mbps on the download but can never complete a speedtest without a error (the download finishes but upload wont).

I want FIOS to come here. Like someone else said, in WI you dont really have a choice.

My uptime is great and I have had TWC for over 10 years now, no major issues, using the same modem, and my uptime is great. It's just the price, is starting to become too much just for internet. Give us a better upload speed and I won't complain as much about the price.
    If you don't have FiOS now, don't count on it coming, at least not soon. Last I heard, they stopped rolling it out probably because they need to make some of their money back.

Carrier(s)
    Selectel
    Feedback Score
    I have TWC (tv /net) and run two Magicjack on two puters perfectly ...

Carrier(s)
    Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200
    If you don't have FiOS now, don't count on it coming, at least not soon. Last I heard, they stopped rolling it out probably because they need to make some of their money back.
    They are rolling it out now in Hemet, Ca ...

I look for a price war ...

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200
    Verizon has been knocking on my area's door's for years now, but someone (TWC) is paying someone off to keep them out. 30 miles down the road you can get FIOS, but not here. I am not sure if they just gave up...

If not FIOS, then Google!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh How I wish I had upload speeds over ~300kbps

Anyways...u-verse is being rolled out here! Can't wait..we finally have another option other than twc crippled, useless, and ultra slow speed network.

To all of you who are happy with TWC, consider yourself lucky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast