View Poll Results: Post Purchase Thoughts?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have or am going to return my N900.

10 6.62%
  • The N900 did not live up to my expectations.

11 7.28%
  • The N900 is exactly what I imagined it to be.

39 25.83%
  • The N900 is better that what I imagined it to be.

59 39.07%
  • I am undecided due to the current lack of Ovi Store, Apps, and Firmware updates.

32 21.19%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Are you pleased with your N900?

Feedback Score

n900 issues...

hello everyone.. im new here and I want to thank evryone in advance for help...
    I just got the N900 and its very powerfull.. but it does not stream video or audio from websites that use wmv stream... do you think this will ever be fixed?...also i want to hear your oppinions about N900 vs win mobile 6.5 drvices...
    thanx

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Prepaid (Canada)
    Feedback Score
    Why express something in words when I can express it better in sound and images?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-3s0V9W4I

Device(s)
    N900
    Carrier(s)
    Elisa
    Feedback Score
    Been using it for two months now. Not one reboot, and I have been pushing it with dosbox booting heavy apps. Some days over 8h on the net, maybe 40min call time. And still being able to push it through the hole day on the same battery.

So I'm more than pleased with it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnoc
    Why express something in words when I can express it better in sound and images?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-3s0V9W4I
    Best N900 video I've seen yet!! I'd love to learn how to do what he did at the end lol PM's are welcomed!!!

Has anyone used skype video conferencing with Skype via Fring on the N900? How is it over EDGE? Wi-Fi?
    FIGJAM

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This phone is awesome. It's a linux box in your pocket that takes pictures and can make calls. Awesome.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveoboy97
    Best N900 video I've seen yet!! I'd love to learn how to do what he did at the end lol PM's are welcomed!!!

Has anyone used skype video conferencing with Skype via Fring on the N900? How is it over EDGE? Wi-Fi?
    What do you mean what he did at the end? He didn't do much.

1) Changed the hostname on the n900 and showed it can be changed by showing the network he was on saw his hostname

2) ssh'd in to another box and showed you can edit startup scripts.

3) rdp into a windows box

4) used aircrack

5) connected to a vpn with a vpn client

6) used vncviewer and logged into a linux box running gnome and was playing wtih bittorrent

7) telnet

8) Not sure what he did here, probably logged into a webserver and controlled streaming content

9) Started ssh on the n900, logged in with putty from a windows box and rebooted it.

Basically showing how powerful the n900 is. And connection wise it can do just about anything.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I seriously cannot think of a device that rivals the N900 anywhere in the world (Japan in not included in my world...lol). Keep in mind i'm part of the mentality: "If it doesn't have a physical keyboard, it's an automatic fail". So better than what I imagined for sure! Using PS3 controllerS to play multiplayer SNES games having the device TV-Out'd to an HDTV while chilling down in the couch...priceless
    >>>*2º1º*¿?- † ۩۞۩ ≈ ĐЈ îƵåḉḱ ≈ ۩۞۩ † -¿?*2º1º*<<<©
    Click to view latest hit: DJ iZack - Sugar

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsung.user
    What do you mean what he did at the end? He didn't do much.

1) Changed the hostname on the n900 and showed it can be changed by showing the network he was on saw his hostname

2) ssh'd in to another box and showed you can edit startup scripts.

3) rdp into a windows box

4) used aircrack

5) connected to a vpn with a vpn client

6) used vncviewer and logged into a linux box running gnome and was playing wtih bittorrent

7) telnet

8) Not sure what he did here, probably logged into a webserver and controlled streaming content

9) Started ssh on the n900, logged in with putty from a windows box and rebooted it.

Basically showing how powerful the n900 is. And connection wise it can do just about anything.
    I consider myself to be savvy with phones and features and what not but what "he did at the end of the video" is absolute chinese to me lol. I don't know what the proper terms are, but when I saw the screen cast, it looked to me as if he was accessing his home PC remotely with the N900 and playing torrents from his home PC on the N900. I'd love to learn how to do that kind of stuff (basic hacking?)!!! I hope the N900 opens my eyes to the world of computing and what not, right now I'm sturggling with foreign accents associated with Dell.com's customer service

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Guys are there any options yet for email apps like Profimail for the N900? I'm not a big Nokia email client fan. Love what I've read about the N900 thus far.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus, N9, Nexus One, N900, ipad
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UFO_Sasquatch
    Guys are there any options yet for email apps like Profimail for the N900? I'm not a big Nokia email client fan. Love what I've read about the N900 thus far.

I think you'll find that the email client is only similar to the s60 phones on first appearance.

Profmail is a little less interesting to us because we already have so many ways to share files, pictures and messages. The conversations App is great, you can have multiple sms or im conversations going at once, while browsing the net, and not feel skitzed out.

Also, if you don't like the email client, you can use others or just use the net. gmail looks and works the same as desktop, just the screen is smaller.

Hope to see you soon.

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Konceptz
    I think you'll find that the email client is only similar to the s60 phones on first appearance.

Profmail is a little less interesting to us because we already have so many ways to share files, pictures and messages. The conversations App is great, you can have multiple sms or im conversations going at once, while browsing the net, and not feel skitzed out.

Also, if you don't like the email client, you can use others or just use the net. gmail looks and works the same as desktop, just the screen is smaller.

Hope to see you soon.
    Thanks! I think this is my next phone. I was considering the N97 mini but given the issues and lack of RAM I'm cooling off on it. The lack of 3G on the N900 is not such a deal breaker for me as I rarely need it. One concern would be email and downloading large pics/files. I guess I could simply download headers/text only to the N900.

How is google maps or the like with EDGE only?

Device(s)
    N79 NAM White
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/
    Feedback Score
    Hey Sasquatch,

Not a direct answer to your question but you could go into the setup menu of your N86 and switch off "dual mode" to GSM only and live with it a few days, and if that isn't too slow for your needs, then you probably wouldn't even notice the slowdown with no 3G ATT. I tried it and man, talk about slow. I can't bear it! I'm dying to get an N900 but no 3G kills it.

Device(s)
    Current - Nexus One & N900 , sold - Jailbroken 3G 8gb / In drawer - Nokia N79
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm on ATT, but had to try out the n900... just got it today. Phew, this device/phone is something else.... from a Nokia perspective its unreal how nice maemo is compared to s60 5th. I love how conversations is integrated, it was also easy to set up my m4e and gmail, and I've just started to hit up the repositories... the UI just wows me so far, I love it. Initially, it wasn't as big as I thought it would be, however after a couple hours I'm looking at it and saying man its thick. I'm also really nervous about the usb port but bleh whatever I guess. The matte finish on the bottom of the phone is slick to me, I need to skin it with something, maybe invisible shield.

Oh by the way I'll probably try out tmobile in my area cause I'd love to use 3g with it. Sidenote - has anyone figured out how to connect to WPA2 enterprise network? At work thats what we run....

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UFO_Sasquatch
    Thanks! I think this is my next phone. I was considering the N97 mini but given the issues and lack of RAM I'm cooling off on it. The lack of 3G on the N900 is not such a deal breaker for me as I rarely need it. One concern would be email and downloading large pics/files. I guess I could simply download headers/text only to the N900.

How is google maps or the like with EDGE only?
    Its not great, but its really not that terrible either. I have AT&T and although I'd like to have 3G, I don't see myself changing my account and all the associated hassles for it.I've yet to find myself in a position that I simply had to have 3G and there was no WiFi around

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Ordered mine, should have it Monday. Are there any case/holster solutions for the N900? I usually throw my phone in my pocket---and sometimes drop my phone. I'd hate to drop the N900 though! My buddy has the nexus one, he swears it's better than the N900....we'll see

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast