Thread: Anyone know of a loop hole....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Anyone know of a loop hole....

I'm looking for a loop hole that would allow me to get a Motorola Droid (without paying the $569 for retail pricing) I said I wouldn't go over $350 but I have a Touch Pro 2, got it in October...it's a good phone but I hate Windows Mobile with every cell in my body and I'm looking for something new. Someone said to add a line but I'd be paying an extra $10 a month for 2 years, so $199 for the phone + $240 for a 2 year commitment for the extra line = $440 (yes cheaper than the $569 but not what I'm looking to spend)

If someone could gimme a pointer on how to make this work (within or outside the "rules") I'd really appreciate it.
    What seems to be the officer, problem???
    Sir, please step out of the car!
    What? What'd I do??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can buy VZW phones from other sources like eBay and Craigslist and activate them as long as they're not blacklisted. For a relatively new phone like the Motorola Droid, this might not be as much cheaper as you want it to be.

Device(s)
    xv6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How about selling the TP2 on Ebay to fund the Droid? I imagine they fetch a good price. The original Omnia's are still going for over $100.

BTW, I looked at the droid and was impressed, but the more I checked the more teething troubles I found. It's also useless with Exchange or Outlook, in case you need that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You have only had TP2 for 2 months, customer service may allow you to return it give them a call it might be worth it. They helped me on one of my phones I had for about six weeks.

Device(s)
    Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroits_Finest
    I'm looking for a loop hole that would allow me to get a Motorola Droid (without paying the $569 for retail pricing) I said I wouldn't go over $350 but I have a Touch Pro 2, got it in October...it's a good phone but I hate Windows Mobile with every cell in my body and I'm looking for something new. Someone said to add a line but I'd be paying an extra $10 a month for 2 years, so $199 for the phone + $240 for a 2 year commitment for the extra line = $440 (yes cheaper than the $569 but not what I'm looking to spend)

If someone could gimme a pointer on how to make this work (within or outside the "rules") I'd really appreciate it.
    If you renew for 2 more years I think you still get it for $299 with $100 MIR ($100 more than the NE2), at least that's what they told me when I was in the store with a friend. I'm in a similar position with my Omnia as I got it in Sept, but I didn't actually purchase because the Droid doesn't have video out, which is a deal breaker for me at this point. Maybe the guy was misinformed or didn't realize I was already a Verizon customer, but you could try calling customer retention or going to the store and asking them what they can do for you.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have you tried that Droid's keyboard yet? The TP2 seemingly has the best keyboard out ther on the market. I tried the droid and well after the TP2 it wasn't even in the same class! Beware what you wish for...you just might get it!
    VZW....where our motto is...we are always last on software updates!

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HPdrifter
    Have you tried that Droid's keyboard yet? The TP2 seemingly has the best keyboard out ther on the market. I tried the droid and well after the TP2 it wasn't even in the same class! Beware what you wish for...you just might get it!
    The TP2 has an awesome keyboard in my short time with it. If HTC re-hashed the TP2 but put Android 2.0 on it (and got rid of the resistive screen), it would be heaven for me. For me, I just couldn't put up with Windows Mobile so I stuck it out, and love my Droid even though the keyboard isn't ideal. It's definitely usable but not at the level of the TP2 keyboard.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbo298
    The TP2 has an awesome keyboard in my short time with it. If HTC re-hashed the TP2 but put Android 2.0 on it (and got rid of the resistive screen), it would be heaven for me. For me, I just couldn't put up with Windows Mobile so I stuck it out, and love my Droid even
    though the keyboard isn't ideal. It's definitely usable but not at the level of the TP2 keyboard.
    Does the Droid have an onscreen keyboard if so hhow well does it work?

Device(s)
    Droid 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think if you go to xda-developers it maybe possible to get a build of Android made for your VZW TP2 if you rather not spend the extra cash.