Thread: Iphone 3GS wk43 stuck in recovery/restore mode

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Iphone 3GS wk43 stuck in recovery/restore mode

Hey!

I was helping my sister jailbreak, I didn't know about the new unjailbreakable phone from wk40 and onward. I've tried many ways to try to just factory restore it, but everytime I just try to restore by itune keep getting error 2005. I can't get it out of the connect to itune screen.

Anybody can help me out?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    now an update. I was luckily finally able to somehow someway got it jbed with blackra1n. Now The whole tethering to power on is a hassle. How can I revert back to stock firmware? I can't seem to go back.

I've been looking, and nothing look about right to what I want to do..

Device(s)
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Maybe now you will take the time to understand what you're doing to an expensive device before you do it.
    And Knowing is Half the Battle
    -----------------------------
    ChumleyEX

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know what I'm doing. Just didn't hear too much about people having problem because of an updated patch for wk 40 and newer.

I've jb my own 1st gen iphone from the very beginning. I've went through the forum regarding jb for 3GS, all I saw is that people are using Blackra1n or pwnage.

If you got nothing useful to add please keep it to yourself. People peruse the forums in search of information.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers (CAN)
    Feedback Score
    As I understand it the recent 3GS devices must be re-JB'd after every reboot, effectively negating the benefit of the JB. Mine does this (new last week) so for example when I have to reboot to confirm a software install from Cydia, the phone boots into restore mode. Just do an itunes restore and it'll get you back up with clean firmware. Hopefully someone will come up with a more solid JB solution at some point...

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No0ne2die4
    I know what I'm doing. Just didn't hear too much about people having problem because of an updated patch for wk 40 and newer.

I've jb my own 1st gen iphone from the very beginning. I've went through the forum regarding jb for 3GS, all I saw is that people are using Blackra1n or pwnage.

If you got nothing useful to add please keep it to yourself. People peruse the forums in search of information.
    C'mon now, this "problem" is very well known and has been discussed at great length right here in this forum. All you had to fo was to read the sticky post at the top of this forum.

Device(s)
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No0ne2die4

Really? This post is pretty much a clone of 80% of all the posts in this forum. All you had to do was peruse one of those threads to learn about the tethered JB.

Device(s)
    Huwai Honor 6x
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    all i keep seeing is people starting new threads about the same problem, trouble with Jailbreaking 3Gs, there is sooo many threads about it and answers are in everyone of them.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How can you tell which week your phone is from? I've tried searching and then closest possible answer is the 4th and 5th digits on the serial number. Is this true?

Device(s)
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Seriously?

The answer is yes..

the tell all in regards to if your phone needs the tethered JB or not is to pole the device through Device Manager or something else on a mac.

google it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChumleyEX
    Seriously?

The answer is yes..

the tell all in regards to if your phone needs the tethered JB or not is to pole the device through Device Manager or something else on a mac.

google it.

Sorry, there was a key point I didn't specify. What I meant was is there a way to tell from a seal package in case I want to buy one from a seller, how can I assure I'm getting one prior week 40.

Yes, I know of the other ways to check the boot rom but the all require physically handling the device.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2X
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My week-45 3GS has no problem whatsoeaver rebooting untethered (JB with blackra1n), so it's not *all* post-week 40 units that are affected.

Device(s)
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nite.crawleR
    Sorry, there was a key point I didn't specify. What I meant was is there a way to tell from a seal package in case I want to buy one from a seller, how can I assure I'm getting one prior week 40.

Yes, I know of the other ways to check the boot rom but the all require physically handling the device.

The only 100% way is to query the device.. The date is just a guess.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My bad. I should've checked more thoroughly next time...