Thread: DOSBox Help

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question DOSBox Help

For some reason I am having the hardest time setting up DOSBox, I have never used DOSBox before. Could someone give me a step by step?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Heh, no - very nice of you to try and help, but DOSBox is a MS-DOS emulator and I am having a little trouble mounting it, can anyone else help me out? I think all I have to do is mount c: /opt/dosbox/ but I can't even get the keypad working correctly to put in the /" I want to play an older MS-DOS game that I really miss.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I don't think this emulator was even meant to be used on the N900... Since it doesn't use your typical qwerty layout keyboard, and uses various custom combination keys in order to make use of a 3-row keyboard, DOSBox cannot understand those keys (to my understanding).

For me too, I would really really like to get DOSBox to work, since I am extremelly familiar with Dos unlike the Linux Terminal which I never had to play with until the N900, lol. So without the slash "/" DOSBox is pretty much 99.99% useless...
    You can type "dir" for the fun of it :P
    >>>*2º1º*¿?- † ۩۞۩ ≈ ĐЈ îƵåḉḱ ≈ ۩۞۩ † -¿?*2º1º*<<<©
    Click to view latest hit: DJ iZack - Sugar

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacDFP
    I don't think this emulator was even meant to be used on the N900... Since it doesn't use your typical qwerty layout keyboard, and uses various custom combination keys in order to make use of a 3-row keyboard, DOSBox cannot understand those keys (to my understanding).

For me too, I would really really like to get DOSBox to work, since I am extremelly familiar with Dos unlike the Linux Terminal which I never had to play with until the N900, lol. So without the slash "/" DOSBox is pretty much 99.99% useless...
    You can type "dir" for the fun of it :P
    It just needs to be keymapped and refined. There's videos of the N900 running Windows 3.1 on DOSBox. DOSBox would not help you at all with cool nerdy functions of the phone, it is just an emulator.

Feedback Score

Dosbox on Maemo or Meego?

Has anyone gotten DosBox to work in Maemo or Meego, on the Nokia N900 or N950 0r N9?

If so, how did you do it? Or any leads on this otherwise?

Robert