Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One: Non T-Mobile 3G phone /w grandfathered T-Mobile Internet?

Feedback Score
    Me too!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    True, I was saying based on every other HTC android phone with AWS band, however I will be able to confirm 100% in a few days, as I have the $5.99 T-Zones on one line, and the $24.99 Android web plan on my other line.
    Look forward to getting a solid answer.

BTW: I completely, unashamedly and unapologetically stole your Avatar! I call it my 5 finger discount for moving to the IE
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi
    Look forward to getting a solid answer.

BTW: I completely, unashamedly and unapologetically stole your Avatar! I call it my 5 finger discount for moving to the IE

LOL, guess we've been a bad influence on you

Did you order one as well?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nexus One will not work with:

$2.99/$4.99/$5.99/$9.99/$19.99 T-Zones, iStream, Web2Go, Sidekick, Blackberry, Total Internet/VPN plans

You must add EM/EM+ 3 in 1 or $24.99/$34.99 Android Data plan
    Why people post nonsense like this without knowing for sure is beyond me. If you don't know, don't post like you do know. It's okay to speculate but don't talk as if you know for sure.
    Princeton c/o 2008

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

LOL, guess we've been a bad influence on you

Did you order one as well?

I almost did 3 times. When I got to the submit button, I just couldn't do it. I keep thinking to myself that I just bought a RIM 9700 a few weeks back at full retail around $500. I got bored with it and now my sister uses it.

I did the same thing with my HTC myTouch, RIM 8900 and Pearl series beforehand. Probably spent a couple thousand in phones in the past 2 years!

I do admit that buying a phone with Google Checkout is the easiest thing to do. Just takes a minute.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/3...pressions.html

"I'm using a T-Mobile T-Zones $5.99 plan on this. I ordered the phone unlocked and just stuck in my old SIM card. No problems at all - seems to be full 3G. Didn't even have to enter any settings."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tntitan10

"I'm using a T-Mobile T-Zones $5.99 plan on this. I ordered the phone unlocked and just stuck in my old SIM card. No problems at all - seems to be full 3G. Didn't even have to enter any settings."

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Odd that the avatar I chose (seen a few others use it too) is no longer a choice in the HTC avatars...

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Feedback Score
    Is there any way a new customer can buy a grandfathered t-zones plan, like sprints sero plan.
    If I had to guess tmobile is not going to IMEI lockout the N phone for the same reason you can still use sero with windows mobile. When you (sprint or t-mobile) are in the same room with a gorilla (microsoft or google respectively) you don't want to piss them off. N is the gorilla's baby

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tntitan10

Can you browse and download apps from the Market Place with your data plan?

That's where I had problems using the MT3G phone with my BIS plan. I could browse the web just fine with the other data plan but as soon as I tried to download apps from the Market Place they locked me out. A pop up showed up on my screen and told me I needed to subscribe to the correct data plan.

Device(s)
    Google/LG Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Another promising report over at http://forums.tmonews.com/index.php?...2697#msg242697:

Quote Originally Posted by bradsh
    activated N1 this morning over wifi. plugged my sim in around 12pm and t-zones has been working perfectly since. will it keep working? who knows... ill keep you all posted
    Fingers crossed.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can you browse and download apps from the Market Place with your data plan?
    Yes (T-Zones).

Feedback Score
    So following up on what I posted earlier, I have Even More + ($29/mo), and attempted to get the $10 Unlimited Web service by switching my phone to some Nokia phone in the account settings.

Could not get data to work with the phone. Tried a bunch of different things and no go.

Was forced to change my phone to an android one, then add the Android Web package for $25 for data to work. So about $50/mo (with AAA discount) for unlimited data and 500 minutes.

The $40 Total Internet data only may work, but I'm thinking that $10 for 500 minutes isn't too bad.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beaucoup
    So following up on what I posted earlier, I have Even More + ($29/mo), and attempted to get the $10 Unlimited Web service by switching my phone to some Nokia phone in the account settings.

Could not get data to work with the phone. Tried a bunch of different things and no go.

Was forced to change my phone to an android one, then add the Android Web package for $25 for data to work. So about $50/mo (with AAA discount) for unlimited data and 500 minutes.

The $40 Total Internet data only may work, but I'm thinking that $10 for 500 minutes isn't too bad.
    So internet2.voicestream.com APN doesn't work?
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    So internet2.voicestream.com APN doesn't work?
    Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean on the $10 internet service addon does data work when you try that APN? No, it did not for me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast