Thread: Pls help- desperate for a checkbook app (razr v3xx)?

Device(s)
    Moto RAZR V3xx (IZAR)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

Pls help- desperate for a checkbook app (razr v3xx)?

I can't take anymore overdraft/nsf fees - Why do the banks decide to let me use my debit card to buy a candy bar or a pack of cigarettes when my account balance is too low, but when a check comes in to pay for my ELECTRICITY that is 4 dollars too much, THEN they decide to return it unpaid?

I am hopelessly incapabale of accurately tracking my account balance as I never remember to write things down at POP transactions, and have been relying on checking available balances only to get burned when transactions don't post until 5 days later. No matter what I do, I end up screwing up. [Example: I made a cash deposit in the branch on the day I had scheduled a payment to SCE to make sure it was covered- a few days later, went to make a purchase on ebay and checked my balance beforehand to be sure, only to have the SCE payment bounce because it didn't post until 4 days later. Re-made that payment from a different account and didn't touch it at all for a week to prevent the same from occurring only to have the damn thing bounce AGAIN because I forgot that Netflix was going to withdraw 12 bucks from THAT account. Now I am disallowed from making payments to SCE online altogether and still haven't paid them which leaves me in the very likely position of them turning off my juice at any time... F***!!] I figure the only shot I have at tackling this is now the fact that I always have my cell phone with me at home and away and by my side when my checkbook isn't.

Can anyone suggest a SIMPLE checkbook balancing application for the Moto razr v3xx? Don't care if its free or paid, but if paid, must be one-time as I am on a pre-paid plan and can't do subscriptions. I need to be able to simply enter debits and credits as they happen, no need for interest, investments or hoopla - preferably for more than one account, and maybe with the ability to schedule automatic debits (or alert me when one is nearing). I just need to know at any given moment what the actual balance of my account is given what I have already spent, regardless of if the transaction is "pending" or "cleared" by the banking yo-yo's who keep changing the rules as they see fit.

If no such thing exists then could someone please let me know the quickest way to learn to write one myself? Seems like some basic adding and subtracting with maybe a date conditional operation thrown in, right?

At any rate, the sooner I get a hold of something, the better - as I may be operating in the dark shortly.

Thanks for any help I can get to point me in the right direction...

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sign up for Yodlee Moneycenter (it is free) and connect your bank account to it. They have a mobile web version that works very well. You do have to have mobile web on your phone.

Seriously, though, you might be better off canceling some subscriptions to build up some cushion in your account and leave the debit card at home (carry a small amount of cash for what you must have). I say this because mistakes are inevitable--we are all human.

Device(s)
    Moto RAZR V3xx (IZAR)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the info - I'll check it out

I do have wb capability on the v3xx but I was actually thinking of something even more basic than that as I don't think I want anymore avenues of access to my banking info than is absolutely necessary. Besisdes which my problems seem largely linked to not knowing how money I have actually spent since the bank is not posting things in order. Isn't there anything that just lets you keep track of your balance by entering manually a starting figure and then tracking from there? Basically a digital register, like. I know I can at least enter the info it will do the arithmatic then I don't have to do "psychic banking"

I think I saw some apps that were like what I need but they were for Blackberry phones and don't know if they will work on a razrv3xx

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There seem to be lots of choices for Palm, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry but nothing for a regular cell phone. I did find a couple of expense recorders than run on Java based phones. One is called ExpApp Link and the other is Money Manager Link.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Be careful

Be careful with the terms and conditions of your checkbook app.
    Giving access to your categories of bank transactions is going to be
    tempting to market to third parties.