Thread: c905 updating and hacking

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

c905 updating and hacking

I just debranded my ATT c905a and when I ran the sony ericsson updater, it says a new update is available. is there anything bad that could happen by updating since it's debranded?

my other question, is it possible to hack this phone to use the radio without an antenna? I did it with my old w580i, but that was some time ago and things have changed since.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    if there's a way to edit messages, I don't know how...

I should also mention that I tried the a2loader and it didn't work. the program notices the phone when I connect, but doesn't show a filesystem and just goes back to idle in a second or tw0.

here's what I get over and over:

PHONE STATE: "RETAIL"
    FLASH CID: 0053
    Elapsed:8 secs.
    ChipID:E900,EMP protocol:0401

PHONE STATE: "RETAIL"
    FLASH CID: 0053
    Elapsed:10 secs.
    ChipID:E900,EMP protocol:0401

Device(s)
    C905
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    You have to load the drivers before using the new versio of A2. They are not part of the download. Just google C905 flash drivers.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w580i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TidusWulf View Post
    I just debranded my ATT c905a and when I ran the sony ericsson updater, it says a new update is available. is there anything bad that could happen by updating since it's debranded?

my other question, is it possible to hack this phone to use the radio without an antenna? I did it with my old w580i, but that was some time ago and things have changed since.
    Hi, how did you manage to use the radio without an antenna on your w580i? I'm very interested in this. Thanks.