Thread: Hypersim Question

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Hypersim Question

Hi everyone,

I have a general question about using hypersims in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). I just recently bought a SH906i and was wondering what kinds of hypersims people, who are in the area, are using?

I'm mainly in the downtown core for most of the day for university, so I'm looking for a hypersim that's not too much of a hassle. ('Hassle' meaning CPRing or rebooting the phone more than twice a day, etc.) I live in North York, so I do have to take the subway (but I usually don't have my phone on before my commute), and I do occasionally travel to Markham on the weekends.

Unfortunately, the iNex hypersim is definitely out of my budget, so I can't get that one. I heard it's extremely fragile even though it's stable, so I would be really afraid to CPR my phone with it.

As of right now, I asked one of my friends to sell me one of her extra hypersims (probably the cheap DX ones since it's only $5). I'm meeting her later this week, so hopefully I can test it out for a bit before deciding whether I should get a better hypersim.

For people who are in Toronto (or in a similar area), which hypersim do you recommend?

[Also, I'm currently on the Fido/Rogers network with an old M32-a model SIM card.]
    Last edited by diav; 01-26-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added service provider info

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    'Hassle' meaning CPRing or rebooting the phone
    depending of the hypersim , i used ismartphone and i never had to CPR but again that depends on your carrier coverage
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!

Device(s)
    P906i
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    depends on what phone you have too i guess, I've tried to use 3 different sims already (including ionnuke's) on my p906i and it just hangs at boot :S (even now i need to try other ones :S) the one on DX isnt due for another few days, and im still gonna try out two different ones from a friend of mine XD

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    M32 sim is rather compatible with most every hypersim.

I had some customers in the past with the M32 sims running on the good old iSmart'09 (which is now discontinued )

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IonNuke
    M32 sim is rather compatible with most every hypersim.

I had some customers in the past with the M32 sims running on the good old iSmart'09 (which is now discontinued )
    I started getting worried about my SIM card because it's so old. Good to know that it's compatible with almost every hypersim available on the market.

I was actually looking into getting your hypersim from CanadaJPhones, but expressed my concern about stability issues to Joe. He told me to post here and see what other people in Toronto thought about it since he's in Vancouver.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LawlietLRyuzaki
    depends on what phone you have too i guess, I've tried to use 3 different sims already (including ionnuke's) on my p906i and it just hangs at boot :S (even now i need to try other ones :S) the one on DX isnt due for another few days, and im still gonna try out two different ones from a friend of mine XD
    Ahh, trial and error... (I don't want to dish out a lot of money on pieces of plastic with chips on them, haha... so that's why I'm asking first before I splurge too much. xD)

Device(s)
    P906i
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Hiallall's been through the whole process with me today, thank god you pay after you get it to work XD but it was weird- it just seemed to be the combination of my simcard and any of the hypersims we tried... like his own hypersim and sim combo worked fine lol >>" then we tried my sim with his own hypersim and it blanked :S

Quote Originally Posted by diav
    Ahh, trial and error... (I don't want to dish out a lot of money on pieces of plastic with chips on them, haha... so that's why I'm asking first before I splurge too much. xD)

Device(s)
    Docomo
    Carrier(s)
    Fido = Rogers now :)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LawlietLRyuzaki
    Hiallall's been through the whole process with me today, thank god you pay after you get it to work XD but it was weird- it just seemed to be the combination of my simcard and any of the hypersims we tried... like his own hypersim and sim combo worked fine lol >>" then we tried my sim with his own hypersim and it blanked :S
    Yeah ! Now your P906i recalled my memory that P906i need specific hypersim, in a word, not all hypersims work for P906i.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    @[email protected] Sounds like the P906i has a lot of issues with the hypersims...

Hopefully the SH906i isn't as complicated. :P

Device(s)
    Docomo
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diav
    @[email protected] Sounds like the P906i has a lot of issues with the hypersims...

Hopefully the SH906i isn't as complicated. :P
    Only P906i does, don't worry !!

Device(s)
    P906i
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    oh gawd lol what a phone for me to choose
    EDIT: @hiallall I think the older '08 i-smartphone works, now that i looked into the one the guy who i had bought it off of used ?

Feedback Score
    I also recently bought a Sh906 and I purchased today actually a Inex hypersim. I couldnt find a seller for a i-smartphone hypersim so had to fork over the money for it. Anyone else using the 2.9 inex hypersim?
    end of contract

Fastest Teathering Speeds on my K850i

Device(s)
    Docomo
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, many does.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinmonkie
    I also recently bought a Sh906 and I purchased today actually a Inex hypersim. I couldnt find a seller for a i-smartphone hypersim so had to fork over the money for it. Anyone else using the 2.9 inex hypersim?
    i-smart chipset hypersims is probably far more abundant than inex. hahahahha Didn't think it's become rare.