Thread: Please help me with a decision!!!

Device(s)
    SAMSUNG R410
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Please help me with a decision!!!

Hello,

I have been gone for awhile but im back!!! I will be posting this question on other sites aswell so please dont flag me as spam i just want real suggestions.

I aquired my first and only blackberry about 7 month's ago and have fallen in love!! my wife hates it!!! I have the blackberry 8820 on AT&T and have no complaints at all. I am not a complete idiot when it comes to electronics so naturally when my trackball went out i opted to replace it along with the keypad and case myself with great results!!!

I have been reading all the hype of the 9000 and 9700 and finally had a chance to experience the new trackpad which worked fine for me but it was on a curve from verision wireless. My question is, i would like to upgrade to the 9700 from my current 8820 would you advise doing this? I get law enforcement pricing on my bis. plan and im due for my upgrade so the price is 99.00 with a 50.00 rebate.

I understand that all the new blackberry's from here on out are going to be using the new "trackpad" so im wondering if now is the time to jump in or not?

please help me!! and as always it feels good to be back here on howard forums

Feedback Score
    Do it...

Going from the 8820 to the 9700 will be a huge difference.

I went from the 9000 to the 9700 and for me it was a great decision... At your price it's a no-brainer.

(P.S. - When your wife sees the 9700 she might change her mind about Blackberry devices.)

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 9700: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I think you'll love it. Besides, you have 30 days to return it if you don't like it.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The 9700 is THE best BlackBerry device currently available to date. I have zero issues with mine, only 17% of RAM is used at boot up and with Bolt, WeatherBug, Visual Voicemail, the BB browser opened to CrackBerry.com, and the BB App Store running I'm still only at 37% RAM usage.

It has a faster processor than any other model currently available as well.

And it boots about twice as fast as any other BB I've ever seen.

The trackpad takes a little getting used to but once you have had it for a day, you will never want a trackball ever again.
    at&t USB 305:

Comcast Extreme:

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As said, the 9700 is a solid device. If you like the concept of what you have, but want a way better one then it will be well worth it.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.