Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Remember the RAZR?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Rick,

How did you learn SEEM editing? Is there an article you can point me to?

Thanks!
    At some point, you've got to fish, or get off the pot."

— Emily Watson in "Trixie"

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    This article is a good step by step.
    http://www.themotoguide.com/index.php

Following the link in the article, I downloaded p2ktools. Editing is rather easy, not even typical hex edit. Finding the right byte/bit to change is the hard part. I suggest you save the SEEM data to file before editing. The program provide a way to read/write from phone or file. With that saved, you can experiment and restore easily..

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My grandma still has her Pink Razr on Cingular!

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    My daughter just attended summer camp where smart phones and music players are not allowed. I am glad I got her a Razr as phone and an iTouch rather than an iPhone. Her Razr was fine, so she was able to call in before bed time every night as she was supposed to.

Even for adults, I have attended two events where smart phones, pda's, ipod, music players are not allowed. There was at the gate an "electronic check". First day, I was caught off guard. Second day, I brought along my cheap phone and just pull the SIM before I checked in my electronics. Now that I revived my Razr, that would serve such purpose nicely.

Device(s)
    Motorola V9m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My V9M just died and I'm thinking of buying a replacement from ebay. Great phone.
    Mike

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Still using my dependable Ve20 everyday.

My wife just killed her V3C, but I got a lightly used one on Ebay for $30, transferred all her stuff to the new one and she's good to go.

Verizon did not want to do the ESN swap, CSR told me I needed to get a new "Verizon" phone. I told her to stuff it and went and did the ESN switch online and all is well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hot Phone and Still have my v3m
    The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
    You have to work to be successful.

Feedback Score
    We have a dumbphone on our ghost line that is what amounts to the Moto generic version of the RAZR, I forget the actual model number of it but it is a great backup and we use it as a house phone on top of the mantle as my wife is notorious for leaving her Droid in various rooms where she can't hear it in the living room lol.

As for me, I was a rebel and got a SLVR. Yes, the SLVR was the RAZR but without being a flip phone and I had it on AT&T (so glad I dropped those asshats). I beat the everliving hell out of that phone, dropped it numerous times... I had friends with RAZRs that went through 3 or 4 phones in a contract period from broken hinges or wires in the hinges and my SLVR was still working great. Best dumbphone I ever had and I really should have bought one on ebay when I switched to the big red machine instead of the junk dumbphones they had in stores.

The best thing about the SLVR, the very best thing, is that it could fit in that 5th pocket in your blue jeans that is right over top of the main right front pocket. It fit like it was designed for it really. Screw you iPod nano, I had a SLVR with iTunes on it back in 2006!

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by razr_fan View Post
    Who here had the RAZR? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Do you still use yours?
    I had a couple of CDMA RAZR's. My favorite was the deep red and black V3m from AMP'D.

My dark gray V3c, I passed onto my grandson who uses it with Page Plus, at only $80/yr.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had my razr for a while. Loved that thing, I felt so cool having it. The display connection started fading so it hardly works now, but I've been razr-less for several years now. Paid about $200 for one used back then >.<

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7