Thread: Media Player problem

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score

Media Player problem

I am having an issue with the media player. It is not seeing all the files in my Music folder on my sd card. I can play all the files if I find them and use them through the file manager, but they are not being seen by the media player. Is there someway to refresh the content manually that I haven't seen? I know the files work because I can play them individually through file manager. What gives? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just a guess as I haven't added a sd card yet, but it probably only looks in the sounds folder, or video folder. The media player that is. So just put a symlink from the videos folder to the location on your sd card.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion but I can tell you that it was working for a while and did see music in that music folder. I have since erased the files of music and recopied them into that folder to no avail. I will try what you suggest though.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You can run the following in x-term:

tracker-processes --hard-reset
    /etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

What it does is kills the media tracker and deletes the media database. It should basicaly create a "manual refresh of the library" if you want.

(View original thread)
    >>>*2º1º*¿?- † ۩۞۩ ≈ ĐЈ îƵåḉḱ ≈ ۩۞۩ † -¿?*2º1º*<<<©
    Click to view latest hit: DJ iZack - Sugar

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score

Thanks!!

You guys rock! I have no idea how to do what you guys said so I just copied it right from the web browser and pasted into x terminal and it worked! It found all the albums it couldn't see before.

Thanks for all the help. It looks like it's a common problem by the amount of posts at maemo.org about this subject.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yea, what I (among many others) find ackward is the fact we actually need to enter a command in the terminal instead of having an option IN the media player to refresh the library... (The N97 had one...) But in any case, the N900 remains an awesome device