Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: tethering CDMA phones and your best speeds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    I've got a boost Epic and with all sorts of tweaks to squeeze all the speed I can out of it (carrier IQ removed, custom rom, experimenting with different modems on speedtest, and the 11114 prl) I've been getting speeds that often come close to Verizon. Usually match during peak hours and about 3/4 during off hours. Pulled 2 megs down the other night on speedtest which was my best so far.

Soooo... yeah the boost (sprint) network is capable depending on where you live. Just don't abuse tethering like so many have. Vzw just kicked a bunch of their users square in the nuts for illegal tethering despite repeated warnings from just about every developer that the company had begun to track it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using HowardForums
    What exactly has Verizon done, kick them off the network?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Boost Mobile(former)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCensor View Post
    What exactly has Verizon done, kick them off the network?
    To be honest I've heard of a few similar stories with Sprint from people who claimed to be using 50GB+/m. Not sure if any of those are true or not but that much data does seem a little excessive. Particularly if your mostly using CDMA.

Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    well, the prevail is a step down from the evo imo… so i will not be getting or using the prevail anytime soon until boost comes out with a real android powered device…
    Yeah would be realy nice if Boost were to get some Evo like device(minus the 4G of course) before long or more likely something closer to the Triumph specs. Of course I wont be able to use one since I'm on PAYGO as I don't use my phone enough for the unlimited plan these days Hell since it would have wifi I would probably use cell service/data even less then my BB.

Feedback Score
    Lol I'm posting this from an Epic 4G on boost right now.

Sent from my Epic 4G on boost. ACS Frozen, Genocide 1.4GHZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrweirdo View Post
    To be honest I've heard of a few similar stories with Sprint from people who claimed to be using 50GB+/m. Not sure if any of those are true or not but that much data does seem a little excessive.
    excessive compared to what..??
    Yeah would be realy nice if Boost were to get some Evo like device(minus the 4G of course) before long or more likely something closer to the Triumph specs.
    people already have an EVO on Boost… and on Pay as you go :-)
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    The real trick will be to get the 3d and Photon onto boost.

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
    The real trick will be to get the 3d and Photon onto boost.
    no trick to it.... The same way they got the EVO on to Boost... They can do to the 3D EVO :-)

deathtrip Guest
    They arent "on boost".... You mean cloned or "repaired"... just take note, for every cdma phone that stores the esn in the memory of the phone, it will always be possible to edit/change it.

It isnt anything special, it isnt something only a handfull of people can do, it is a world wide known thing and anyone who wants to use a specific CDMA phone on another CDMA carrier can do so by cloning the original phones esn, MIP ha/aaa secrets, and depending on the phone model, PRLs and IPs.

Big whoop, ESN cloning has been around longer than most of us have even owned phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using HowardForums.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    They arent "on boost".... You mean cloned or "repaired"... just take note, for every cdma phone that stores the esn in the memory of the phone, it will always be possible to edit/change it.

It isnt anything special, it isnt something only a handfull of people can do, it is a world wide known thing and anyone who wants to use a specific CDMA phone on another CDMA carrier can do so by cloning the original phones esn, MIP ha/aaa secrets, and depending on the phone model, PRLs and IPs.

Big whoop, ESN cloning has been around longer than most of us have even owned phones.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Obviously it is pretty easy if someone like me who knows basically nothing about programming can watch a youtube video and be able to get an Epic onto boost... or clone or whatever. I dia 611 from my Epic and it says "welcome to boost mobile" so its on boost.

deathtrip Guest
    No, it's not "on" Boost. You're either misinformed or not educated in how the phone/network functions.

The phone you have "on" Boost can be seen by logging into your Boost account and going to UPDATE HANDSET. It will clearly print the ESN/MEID, and the Make/Model of the phone you have "on" Boost.

So in that aspect, your Epic is "cloned" to the phone you have "on" Boost.

Now, we should really keep this thread on topic... the question is, what is your best SPEED when tethering on Boost CDMA?.
    Last edited by deathtrip; 08-24-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yes it is on Boost, in that the phone is using Boosts service.
    No it is not on Boost, in that Boost does not think you are using that phone.

scottydsntknow, many users come in here asking "What phone can I use on Boost?" We answer with the list of phones that Boost recognizes, not with all possible options.

Howards Forums does not let us talk about putting ANY CDMA phone on ANY carrier. When you say "My Epic is on Boost!!!", it causes problems with the noobs.

On Topic, I have noticed Boosts speeds slowing down again. Any other heavy user notice that?

mod edited: no need to make this personal. That will not be tolerated at all

Me Edited;
    It was not a personal attack, it was a personal complement. He has done and continues to to more for this particular forum than any other poster, by far. 90% it not much of an exaggeration. Unless you disagree?

Perhaps you jumped the gun?
    Last edited by LargePrime; 08-24-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No reason at all to let this get personal. If you have issues with each other, take it to pm's. Back to the topic at hand please.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    Now, we should really keep this thread on topic... the question is, what is your best SPEED when tethering on Boost CDMA?.
    well my fastest to date was 2.4m but i lost that link so i can not prove it. My signature shows the next fastest speed at 2.1m while tethered, otherwise its always under 700k when i actually power up the phone to test it the few times i use it per month :-)
    Last edited by -banned-; 08-24-2011 at 07:35 PM.

deathtrip Guest
    I see 2+ mbps daily so I'm used to it.

Device(s)
    Google LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This was not tethered, I was able to do a speed test while out today, my home the signal is not full, though before today I thought it was With full signal I was able to get 2.2mb/s down about 640kb/s down. that was in a moving car, No not me driving

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LargePrime View Post
    Yes it is on Boost, in that the phone is using Boosts service.
    No it is not on Boost, in that Boost does not think you are using that phone.

scottydsntknow, many users come in here asking "What phone can I use on Boost?" We answer with the list of phones that Boost recognizes, not with all possible options.

Howards Forums does not let us talk about putting ANY CDMA phone on ANY carrier. When you say "My Epic is on Boost!!!", it causes problems with the noobs.

On Topic, I have noticed Boosts speeds slowing down again. Any other heavy user notice that?
    Yeah I could see how it could cause issues and yes boost speeds were crazy a week ago, like verizon fast. They are still decent though, we just got a tower upgrade out here. I actually get way better service as far as signal strength with boost than even verizon when I'm at work.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast