Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Developing content for keitais...anybody?

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Developing content for keitais...anybody?

OK , this is something that is been on my mind for a while, As users we always are looking around for content for our phones , new menus, new apps , wallpapers, etc etc. I created 3 simple wallpapers a couple of days ago in Flash format (SWF) but i would like to go further than that so how do you start developing content for keitais? I'm not talking about money here as i certainly not trying to make any out of it, i would like to start developing content like menus, wallpapers, screensaver, call screens, bluetooth chat application etc etc for keitais the only downside is that although i already have the knowledge of Flash it seems certainly impossible to find a documentation about developing content for japanese devices (NOT TUTORIALS) and the big barrier i have is that i don't own any of the devices listed in device central CS5 so my only option is to emulate it. what do you guys think? and for our members in Japan how is the Flash Lite app market? is Flash Lite really used on these devices or is there just for decoration(wallpapers)??

let's discuss about this, I'm interested in your point of view and who knows , if i get enough info here i might probably start developing for the community only...

let's begin our discussion...
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    there are flash lite games, but they dont work on docomo, for users on softbank based/chinese sharps they work, so its possible to play simple games like tetris, etc

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note, SH-01A (pink), N-03A (white), S5233S (pink)
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    that would be awesome =) I look through my jap. magazines and see such nice content but cant download them ==; argh... it would be cooll if we can design our own ^^

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    there are flash lite games, but they dont work on docomo, for users on softbank based/chinese sharps they work, so its possible to play simple games like tetris, etc
    why they don't work? is this content only handled by Docomo or home development is allowed? i know working on keitais is difficult as it is with all the locks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I remember one of the main problems with Docomo phones was that everything had to be downloaded through imode. So, if you made a kisekae theme, you needed to put it on imode first or something like that. Not sure if this is still the case
    What a long emoticon...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticallyYou View Post
    why they don't work? is this content only handled by Docomo or home development is allowed? i know working on keitais is difficult as it is with all the locks.
    it plays the flash games, but any keypress does not register, im not sure why that is,

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have made some calling screens, but they are animated gif images and not flash. You just need to create an image frame by frame and use software to make it all animate.

For device central, I found it more of a pain than practical but they do have a list of docomo's for you to emulate. You can just imagine what it would look like.
    The Sheep Butler at your service
    Currently using: iPhone 4S

Previous phones: 3210.3200.X430.V200.K750i.RAZR V3i.5300 XpressMusic.N73.W910i.iPhone 3G.W595.E71.SH-07B.iPhone 4S.iPhone 5.Note II.XPERIA Z.XPERIA Z1.Note 3.F-02D.XPERIA Z2.LG G3.XPERIA Z3

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    i know working on keitais is difficult as it is with all the locks.
    ^^^^^ Agreed.

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think you or anyone else will be able to create applications for keitais (I worked for two years in a mobile devices software company as the QA who did all the testing of new apps and I know a bit.)

Apps are written in Java - for keitais at least. Or maybe even C++ for Symbian (DoCoMo uses a moded version of Symbian, right?) For an application to be installed and executed on a mobile device of any platform, it must be digitally singed with a special code. In the case of SoftBank and DoCoMo there's no way you're getting that code unless you officially work for them. In other cases you pay for these certificates - there are testing companies that validate your application when ready and before that they give you a temporary certificate to use only on the phone(s) you have specified as testing device(s).

Only Windows Mobile apps needn't be signed with a code you pay for (and that was true of WM5 and WM6, I've no idea about WM6.5 or WP7).
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    The previous owner of my N-01B had a chaku-uta downloaded through imode that was still on the phone. When I inserted my SIM it didn't let me play it, only delete. What am I trying to say? I guess docomo's restriction is tighter than that of au/Softbank.

I've made some really simple call/SMS animations for the SH series, that's about it.
    Current Phone: Porsche Design P9981 by BlackBerry + BlackBerry PlayBook

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroolz View Post
    The previous owner of my N-01B had a chaku-uta downloaded through imode that was still on the phone. When I inserted my SIM it didn't let me play it, only delete. What am I trying to say? I guess docomo's restriction is tighter than that of au/Softbank.

I've made some really simple call/SMS animations for the SH series, that's about it.
    I think they are all like that. Applications and games I downloaded with my FET USIM to my WX-T930 do not work when I have my TMO US sim in it. **shrugs**

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    I don't think you or anyone else will be able to create applications for keitais (I worked for two years in a mobile devices software company as the QA who did all the testing of new apps and I know a bit.)

Apps are written in Java - for keitais at least. Or maybe even C++ for Symbian (DoCoMo uses a moded version of Symbian, right?) For an application to be installed and executed on a mobile device of any platform, it must be digitally singed with a special code. In the case of SoftBank and DoCoMo there's no way you're getting that code unless you officially work for them. In other cases you pay for these certificates - there are testing companies that validate your application when ready and before that they give you a temporary certificate to use only on the phone(s) you have specified as testing device(s).

Only Windows Mobile apps needn't be signed with a code you pay for (and that was true of WM5 and WM6, I've no idea about WM6.5 or WP7).
    Hey Cheesus
    i am aware of that so im not really going for i-appli or other type of apps, im going into the design part, like creating menus, flash wallpapers etc etc. signed apps are also on Symbian 60 devices (as i used to do some apps on my free time for my N95), thanks for the input.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    IonNuke said:
    ^^^^^ Agreed.
    w00t? my 707SC got an OMG certificate of authenticity and runs fast lol, exceptio probably?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Cheesus
    i am aware of that so im not really going for i-appli or other type of apps, im going into the design part, like creating menus, flash wallpapers etc etc. signed apps are also on Symbian 60 devices (as i used to do some apps on my free time for my N95), thanks for the input.
    Sorry, I had no idea you were aware of that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    so let's say i create an i-mode website with content, will any of you guys could be able to download the content?? i got a document from Docomo stating how to create an i-mode website, is anybody willing to give this a try? or again are there any limitations??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast