Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 911 - 75c eff April 1st

Feedback Score
    Old news.

Who cares.

25 cents, cry more.
    Unless otherwise stated, my posts are strictly the personal opinion of myself and do not reflect the opinions or policies of any organizations that I am affiliated with.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    @Catw. Sadly, a threadcrapping and trolling comment.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CatW

25 cents, cry more.
    if it is only $0.25 why is Rogers increasing the price.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CatW
    Old news.

Who cares.

25 cents, cry more.
    If you have actually read the comments, people aren't complaining about the extra 0.25...

It's more about the integrity of Rogers...
    Arr~

The Fastest and Most Reliable. Question-Mark?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Obviously, @Catw isn't concerned about the ethics or reason for the price increase. He's focusing on the price increaste that it's only $.25 more/month. I think his post should be removed as he's also baiting people to reply to his post.

Feedback Score
    Just to inform everyone browsing through this topic. From rogers' own website under investors information:

"Rogers Wireless provides wireless voice and data communications services across Canada to 8.5 million customers under both the Rogers Wireless and Fido brands. Rogers Wireless is Canada's largest wireless provider and the only national carrier operating on both the global standard GSM and highly advanced 3G HSPA+ technology platforms"

However, since new and renewed fido users from November 2008 and rogers users from November 2009 pay the new fee structure, lets assume that 70-75% of users on both ends still pay SAF and 911 fees.

That reduction means that there are still at least 6 million rogers users paying 911 fees.

A $0.25 increase across the board for 6 million users is .... $1.5 million / month in Rogers Communications' pocket. And that is from a pessimistic estimation. Now do you think Rogers deserves $1.5 million / month based on their performance.

For me, I don't think so.

Feedback Score
    I should be exempted from paying the 911 fee..

I'll never call the cops to my house...

They will be like "ahhh! he is still here!"

Open and shut case Johnson!
    .... you all know the rest!

WOW!

Device(s)
    Sharp SX862 (BLUE), FOMA P905i (WHT & ismart2K8)
    Carrier(s)
    Ted bills me,
    Feedback Score
    haven't been on HOFO lately and just got up to speed on this.
    reminds me of that TO mayoral candidate Sarah what's her name trying to toll gardener and DVP to "improve" TTC (or the weight of their pockets at least)
    does everything have to be a cashgrab?

i swear... people will do anything for a percentage these days.

has anyone successufully gotten this credited yet?
    i want to get Rogers to bend over for once.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH
    I should be exempted from paying the 911 fee..

I'll never call the cops to my house...
    I like your idea... As long as, we don't concern about our 911 safety then who's care...

Government/Phone providers should have option for us to opt out and disable the 911 service for our phones...

There're millions people on the street having no phone... Do they have to worry about 911? If they can live with it, then why force people having phone to worry and pay for 911 fee?

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate, HTC Magic+
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by me815
    There're millions people on the street having no phone... Do they have to worry about 911? If they can live with it, then why force people having phone to worry and pay for 911 fee?
    That's what payphones are for. Not many people are going to leave their house to find a payphone, but street people and the homeless are often in downtown areas with access to payphones, whereas there aren't many payphones in residential areas. (I have nothing against homeless. I'm not one to judge as I don't know their history. I do know one person who has a Virgin prepaid phone on the $30 monthly plan. Some homeless spend money on drugs/booze. This person budgets for a phone).
    Last edited by PhoenixStorm713; 03-19-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix713
    That's what payphones are for. Not many people are going to leave their house to find a payphone, but street people and the homeless are often in downtown areas with access to payphones, whereas there aren't many payphones in residential areas. (I have nothing against homeless. I'm not one to judge as I don't know their history. I do know one person who has a Virgin prepaid phone on the $30 monthly plan. Some homeless spend money on drugs/booze. This person budgets for a phone).
    Interesting, so what does a homeless do with a phone? Internet?
    I'm not sure who he/she can call/text.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate, HTC Magic+
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erichau
    Interesting, so what does a homeless do with a phone? Internet?
    I'm not sure who he/she can call/text.
    Maybe this homeless person has a phone so they can keep in touch with family and friends who don't know about the being homeless situation? They would be my guess. I know I went off topic, but it was in response to me815 saying that millions of street people don't have phones and somehow deal without 911 access. But they can use a payphone if they really need to....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong
    Is it not obvious why they have not commented yet. How do you put a positive spin on a increase that has no reason other than a cash grab?
    Funny how the communication team works? They pick the easy stuff to comment on and avoid tough issues.

What a great team...keep up the good job being slient on tough issues!

Feedback Score
    So I called today about the price increase this conversation was a three parter.

First time I called I got a customer service representative named Joanne which first denied the existence of this price increase. I insisted that it was on my bill which was clearly there and asked to be exempted from my contract as it was a direct violation of my contracts. I was polite and sincere about it, and she said that she would look in to and puts me on hold. after being put on hold for like 10 minutes she hangs up one me. At this point I am so what frustrated but still calm about it and I call rogers again, this time I get a new CSR named Gotham. I explain to him in detail that I was talking to the CSR about the price increase for the 911 charge and that me and my family feel that there is no presidence for this increase and feel that it was a violation of our previously agreed terms and as such wanted to be release from the contract. He first corrects me saying that my contract ends at 2012 and then goes up and says that the price increase is not a violation of your contract. And states that if rogers gives you a 30 day notice on the changes then they are final. I calmly explain yes they are final, if the other party accepts the changes or does not apeal to your change. But obviously me and my family does not accept this changes as they are redundant and have set up a merit. I then refer to the code of conduct which he blatantly ignores. At this point I am furstrated with these CSRs and request to talk to a customer relations officer and tell him that I would like to cancel my contracts. Goham then regers to how I will be charged the cancellation fee, I tell him otherwise and insist i talk to the customer relations officer.

After I get transfered to the customer relations officer, I explain my whole situation how I was cut off then offended by the other csr and ask him again about the price increase. The relations officer politely asks to put me on hold to find some more information on it. he puts me on hold for 20 minutes and then politely says that he has no idea why there was this price increase but tells me that if the company feels that there is a price increase then it is justified. he then goes on saying that by looking at your accounts with all the credits you been receiving you obviously have been treated well. I bit my tongue and did not "explain:" to him how many times rogers has blatantly robbed me of my money or made changes without my consent and i told him if I don't get leased from my contract i will get the CWTA involved in this matter. He then gibes me the address for the vice president and the legal department.
    end of contract

Fastest Teathering Speeds on my K850i

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    called in as well regarding the increase. i was transferred to a rather abrupt retention rep saying that i am not able to cancel without penalty as the 911 increase is "mandated by a 3rd party".
    it went back and forth for a bit and he was getting quite heated on the topic. i on the other hand remained my composure as i knew i was right i did not have to raise my voice like he did to prove his point.

he offered my the same price plan with GRRF instead of SAF and 911. but there has to be a catch.
    currently (without addons and tax) i am paying $24.95 ($17.50+$6.95+0.50) i was offered the same $17.50 with GRRF, 200 minutes/unlimited evening and weekends at 6pm for $20.08 ($17.50+$2.58 [GRRF]).

we just resigned both our lines last month, one for 3 years and the other for 2, so over the 5 years of contracted months we are saving $4.95 (month) x 12 = $59.40 (year) x 5 = $297 (over 5 years)

the increase on the other hand was $0.25 (month) x 12 = $3.00 (year) x 5 = $15

the part that does not make sense to me is why did the rep no just give me a one time credit of $15, by putting me on a GRRF plan they are loosing $297 over 5 years.

obviously i am missing something, i will have to call to confirm the plan migration if it does not appear on myRogers.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast