Thread: Google Gesture Search available for 2.0+ devices!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Google Gesture Search available for 2.0+ devices!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCB4QP61DAY #Android #NexusOne #Droid
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Device(s)
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Google Gesture Search now for Android 1.6

Now available for Android 1.6 devices as well. Easiest way to search contacts. From androidandme.com
    Google Gesture Search now for Android 1.6

Google has a history of releasing new apps for Android 2.1 and then back porting them to earlier versions of the operating system. The Gesture Search that was launched earlier this month is now available on devices with Android 1.6 and users in all countries (where Android Market is available) can download it.

Don’t get too excited though. Gesture Search is only available by launching the special application and is not yet used in the native apps. I expect we will eventually see Google implement more gestures into their apps, but this is pretty much a beta program right now.

From Google: I’m happy to share with you that Gesture Search is now available on devices with Android 1.6 and higher. Additionally, it can be downloaded in all countries where Android Market is available, although it continues to only recognize the English alphabet. The new version also includes some improvements to performance and bug fixes. Please try it out and let me know what you think.

Google Mobile blog
    Unplugged Since 1999