Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak Matrix (Jailbreak or unlock anything after 2.x)

Feedback Score
    JB Matrix is wrong!!! There is no 3GS in the entire world that can have its baseband downgraded
    Surewest Fiber to the Home

Feedback Score
    ^^^ dude i dunno how i missed that the old bootloader only allowed you do downgrade firmware not baseband, my bad fixed and thank you
    Can I Jailbreak ? Can I Unlock ? Check the #1 reference chart in the world. The Jailbreak Matrix

So now I'm Jailbroken, now what ? Now we add Cydia sources and start installing FREE apps.
    Check out the biggest online Cydia sources list here.

Device(s)
    HTC Dream G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok so I have a 3gs it was unlocked with blackrain on 3.1.2 however i had tried spirit to jailbreak it now im stuck at recovery screen can't restore 3.1.2 because itunes is not allowing restore of 3.1.2. what are my options? can I upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak/unlock?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G[s] (Black 32GB, Blackra1n JB 3.1.2, Blacksn0w UL 5.11)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Great resource. But will this be updated soon for iOS4, and also the new ultrasn0w?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo25 View Post
    Great resource. But will this be updated soon for iOS4, and also the new ultrasn0w?
    Updated, sorry its only been 24 hours :P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dondagun View Post
    Ok so I have a 3gs it was unlocked with blackrain on 3.1.2 however i had tried spirit to jailbreak it now im stuck at recovery screen can't restore 3.1.2 because itunes is not allowing restore of 3.1.2. what are my options? can I upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak/unlock?
    you mean it was unlocked with blacksn0w

its all good the tools have been updated, go ahead and grab pawnage tool and update to 4.0 and keep your unlock...

Feedback Score

Great resource!

Just wanted to thank you for providing the great resource. It is very useful!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There is no such thing as an iPhone 4G. Might want to fix that so as not to confuse newer users.

Feedback Score
    noted and updated ^^

Device(s)
    Tmo Touch Pro 2 Cooked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    iPod Touch 2g MC on 4.0 is not j/b'able using pwnage, according to dev-team website. Your guide says any model. What gives?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I should probably know this, but how do I determine my baseband? My 3GS is still running 3.1.2 an was jailbroken with blackrain, but now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to upgrade to 0S4. Don't really care about unlocking the phone, only looking for the jailbreak.
    98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zigmont View Post
    I should probably know this, but how do I determine my baseband? My 3GS is still running 3.1.2 an was jailbroken with blackrain, but now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to upgrade to 0S4. Don't really care about unlocking the phone, only looking for the jailbreak.
    baseband only needed for unlocking. What you need to know is bootrom. Do you have a tethered jailbreak or untethered jailbreak currently with blackra1n?
    If untethered then you meet all the requirements and can use pwnage tool to create a custom ipsw to go to 4.0 jailbroken.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon newbie
    Feedback Score
    Latest jailbreakmatrix.com says recent jb will work for boot loader 359.3.2 but carrier unlock via ultrasn0w is a no go for now?

Everywhere else I've looked, it says any 3G or 3Gs running 3.1.3 up to 4.0.1 can be both JB and carrier unlocked? Can someone clarify this?

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmao View Post
    Latest jailbreakmatrix.com says recent jb will work for boot loader 359.3.2 but carrier unlock via ultrasn0w is a no go for now?

Everywhere else I've looked, it says any 3G or 3Gs running 3.1.3 up to 4.0.1 can be both JB and carrier unlocked? Can someone clarify this?
    The new jailbreak is less than 24 hr old at the point of responding.

Yes, you can unlock/JB everything phone, every bootrom etc. And you can unlock as well. (not sure if the iphone 4 unlock is out yet but if not today then by tomorrow ultrasn0w will be updated for the iphone 4 too).
    The only thing not jb/unlocked is the 4.1 beta firmwares. That's it.
    use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak 4.0+, ultrasn0w for unlock.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast