Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: am I screwed?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

am I screwed?

I have a JB 3GS with 3.1.2 on it. The phone wont boot, all I can do was cycle it using Home button and sleep. It still wont turn on, it actually turns itself off and on in about 15 minutes but never gets past the apple logo.

I need to get pics and stuff off before I take it to apple store, as this has happened about 4 times since yesterday morning. Overnight it somehow was able to reboot (don't know how long it took).

Am I screwed?????????

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    try running blackra1n.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    phone even bootup rather connect to a pc to be recognized

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    that was gibberish.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    phone won't even bootup, rather connect to a pc to be recognized. in other words cant "make it rain"

Feedback Score
    simple, dfu the sucker and restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak again
    Can I Jailbreak ? Can I Unlock ? Check the #1 reference chart in the world. The Jailbreak Matrix

So now I'm Jailbroken, now what ? Now we add Cydia sources and start installing FREE apps.
    Check out the biggest online Cydia sources list here.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    DFU, step one means home and sleep buttons together, right?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the phone finally cycled sometime during a period of 7 hours while I was sleeping. ran blackra1n, and it froze on reboot. had no choice to wait till it cycled again, about another hour got it on itunes and restored from my October backup.
    didnt matter, it auto upgraded to 3.1.3
    at least I can use my phone now, for now no jb'ing

Device(s)
    Nokia n900+HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redragon745
    the phone finally cycled sometime during a period of 7 hours while I was sleeping. ran blackra1n, and it froze on reboot. had no choice to wait till it cycled again, about another hour got it on itunes and restored from my October backup.
    didnt matter, it auto upgraded to 3.1.3
    at least I can use my phone now, for now no jb'ing
    Muahahahahhahahah...hahahhahahahhaha welcome to the jail(3.1.3) son. Hopefully we'll break soon .

Device(s)
    iPhone fOur
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm starting to have the idea that we will never see a 3.1.3 JB; with or without BootRom.

Funny thing is 3.1.2 was cracked in like 4 weeks. And it only takes 30 Seconds.

Feedback Score
    I'm stuck here too with apple logo, it happened earlier together but with a few restart cycles it went away, now its back, not sure what to do. I dont want to have to upgrade to 3.1.3 and loose JB. any advice... ?

ok got it in dfu mode, trying to find a file to point to using shift+restore, not sure where to find the 3.1.2 file on win 7, downloading a generic iphone2,1_3.1.2_7D...ipsw hope that works...

well that didn't work, guess my hash things weren't stored... guess I have to just go with 3.1.3?
    Last edited by Markvx10000; 03-11-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Markvx10000
    I'm stuck here too with apple logo, it happened earlier together but with a few restart cycles it went away, now its back, not sure what to do. I dont want to have to upgrade to 3.1.3 and loose JB. any advice... ?

ok got it in dfu mode, trying to find a file to point to using shift+restore, not sure where to find the 3.1.2 file on win 7, downloading a generic iphone2,1_3.1.2_7D...ipsw hope that works...

well that didn't work, guess my hash things weren't stored... guess I have to just go with 3.1.3?
    did you try running blacksn0w and or redsn0w?
    also I think there is more to it than just shift restore (using the SHSH that is).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64 GB, Nokia N8, Apple iPhone 16 GB 3G[S]®, Nokia N82, Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by {StatuSChecKa}
    I'm starting to have the idea that we will never see a 3.1.3 JB; with or without BootRom.

Funny thing is 3.1.2 was cracked in like 4 weeks. And it only takes 30 Seconds.
    I hope no one see's a jb for 3.1.3. I wish people would READ the relative information. To sum it up succinctly...only retards would release an jailbreak or unlock only months before a major OS update...why waste an attack vector? Oh I know its because people are impatient or not too bright or both. Either way no one owes you or I anything. We are damn lucky to have what we have. Be grateful.

Disclaimer: Post directed at no one in particular

Device(s)
    Nokia n900+HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gphreak
    I hope no one see's a jb for 3.1.3. I wish people would READ the relative information. To sum it up succinctly...only retards would release an jailbreak or unlock only months before a major OS update...why waste an attack vector? Oh I know its because people are impatient or not too bright or both. Either way no one owes you or I anything. We are damn lucky to have what we have. Be grateful.

Disclaimer: Post directed at no one in particular
    Patience my friends!..

Feedback Score
    I modified the hosts file to point to the right IP, it went all the way to the end and then I kept getting errors, finally gave up and restored with 3.1.3 but I wonder since it got that far maybe the shsh things were there and I was doing something else wrong. at this point at 3.1.3 and 5.12.01 I am stuck though right? no cydia or themes or fun stuff?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast