Thread: Apples top top secret mojo developer agreement.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Apples top top secret mojo developer agreement.

The EFF on Apple
    There's the background; now, here's what the EFF is saying. Apple's agreement, according to Senior Staff Attorney Fred von Lohmann, is a "very one-sided contract, favoring Apple at every turn."

Lohmann goes on to state that Apple can get away with its tactics because it "owns" its customers, thanks to the closed ecosystem that is the iPhone (as well as the iPod Touch and iPad).

"In short," he says, "no competition among app stores means no competition for the license terms that apply to iPhone developers."

And for the real zinger:

"If Apple's mobile devices are the future of computing, you can expect that future to be one with more limits on innovation and competition than the PC era that came before. It's frustrating to see Apple, the original pioneer in generative computing, putting shackles on the market it (for now) leads. If Apple wants to be a real leader, it should be fostering innovation and competition, rather than acting as a jealous and arbitrary feudal lord."

Amen, brother; I couldn't agree more. Apple's current strategies are far more focused on protecting its interests than serving the interests of its users. And it's a shame, too, because the potential for greatness is there; Apple has the inspiration and the ability to build a near-flawless piece of technology. But, as I've argued before, the company insists on maintaining such a tight grip on its users' experiences that people are forced to make significant sacrifices in order to reap the benefits the products provide.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/19123...ml?tk=rss_main

Device(s)
    Droid incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't agree more with the statement "apple owns it's customers"
    -------
    Is a fanboy of: android, webos and iPhone

Who would've thought it was possible to like more than 1 thing at once?

Feedback Score
    Sounds like communist Russia in the old days....or the way Putin wants it again if he gets his way. I wonder is Steve and Vladimir are Facebook buddies? Hahahaha.

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bet Apple wouldn't have allowed NASA to make their app if they knew this would get out through the Freedom of Information Act.

Quote Originally Posted by soulweaponry
    I couldn't agree more with the statement "apple owns it's customers"
    Very true. Apple supports 'open' software/formats as long as it is not their software, yet Adobe is bad since flash is closed.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    and what would creating this amazing single piece of technology gonna do for future profits...

NOTHING