Thread: Help with BB plan

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Help with BB plan

Can someone explain to me the difference between the bb personal with unlimited msging and the bb personal bundle? They are both $50 and when I click on the details, they both say unlimited msging and data. I'm confused.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    BB Personal w/ unlimited msging includes text/pic messages.
    BB Personal is unlimited data.

The "messaging" AT&T is referring to is the PIN messaging feature you can use to message other BB users, regardless of carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea you can PIN message or BBM to any bb user doesn't matter where they are or what carrier its all through rim's servers.

I have a cousin who keeps up with friends in all different countries using his bb, they even send voice notes through BBM so they don't pay to talk.. pretty smart.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have the BB Personal and I have unlimited data and msging so I still don't understand the difference. They both cost $50/month and according to the details I click on, they both include unlimited msging and data. Is the PIN msgs the only difference? When I click on the details for the bundle it lists things that I can already do and have done for nearly 2 years with the BB Personal.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    BB Personal is $30 with unlimited data only. (Does not include SMS and MMS)
    For $20 more you get unlimited SMS/MMS. You need SMS/MMS packages if you want to send texts/pictures to people who do not use BBs. I also have a separate SMS/MMS package because I message non-BB users and use other devices.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    One can purchase the BlackBerry Personal data plan and unlimited messaging separately or as a bundle for convenience. The price is the same. The BlackBerry Personal alone includes only data and whatever the BlackBerry service includes.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Either I'm not getting it or or you aren't. I have the Blackberry Personal with unlimited messaging, not an unlimited bb data plan AND an unlimited msging plan. The BB Personal with unlimited messaging INCLUDES unlimited data and messaging. Again, what's the difference between it and the BB Personal Bundle? They both include unlimited data/msging for $50/month. When reading the details in olam, they sound the same.

My BB Personal with unlimited IS a bundled plan so I still don't see the difference except in name only.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This is what I am talking about:
    BlackBerry® Personal
    BlackBerry Personal gives you unlimited data for your BlackBerry to connect you with your email, contacts, the web and more.
    Monthly Price $30.00

Messaging Unlimited
    No more overages! Send and receive as many text, picture, video, and Instant Messaging (IM) messages as you want, to anyone in the U.S.
    Monthly Price $20.00

BlackBerry Personal Bundle gives you unlimited messaging and unlimited data for your BlackBerry to connect you with your world, including your email, contacts, the web and more.
    Monthly Price $50.00

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Difference is that the $50 plan gets your employee discount applied to the whole thing; having them seperate only gets it to the data and not the $20 messaging.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So they are the same thing. I don't have the BB Personal and unlimited msging separately. My BB Personal is both unlimited data/msging for $50. I don't have the BB Personal for $30 AND unlimited txt for $20. I have BB Personal which INCLUDES unlimited data/msging. Same plan, not 2 separate plans. So, in essence they are the same thing?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it's $50 for texting and data no matter which way you take it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roctavious
    So they are the same thing. I don't have the BB Personal and unlimited msging separately. My BB Personal is both unlimited data/msging for $50. I don't have the BB Personal for $30 AND unlimited txt for $20. I have BB Personal which INCLUDES unlimited data/msging. Same plan, not 2 separate plans. So, in essence they are the same thing?
    Why can't you understand? You have the BlackBerry Personal Bundle and not the BlackBerry Personal by itself. I explained it to you twice.