Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on ATT, now available

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cingulair
    Sorry Charlie, If you bought the T-Mobile version they even have special voice plans set up specifically for this device. So good luck getting away with data.
    WRONG...unless you bought it with subsidy. If you pay full price for the phone, unlike ATT, you can get EM+ and choose to have no data.

I am using my Nexus One with a Grandfathered 2008 data plan, they did not force me off.

Device(s)
    64 GB iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

No data plan...

So can you still have access to MMS?
    Last edited by Cingulair; 03-22-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Left off quote!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic416
    Basically some people want an iPod Touch that can make phones calls and send SMS.
    Then they should get an iTouch and a dumbphone. Not a subsidized device.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    Then they should get an iTouch and a dumbphone. Not a subsidized device.
    um yeah...because carrying two devices is more convenient than carrying one. one device to balance the other device in the other pocket

don't know what that has to do with a subsidized device...who says that their dumbphone wouldn't have been bought under subsidy?

You work for AT&T, so you know that the data plan have nothing to do with the subsidy. The argument that it subsidizes the phone has been argued left and right on this forum. If it was part of the subsidy, people out of their contracts should be able to drop that data requirement. It's in the terms of agreement for usage, nothing to do with subsidy.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cingulair
    So can you still have access to MMS?
    Yes, everything works. Maps, gmail, email, apps, MMS, tether....

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    I am using my Nexus One with a Grandfathered 2008 data plan, they did not force me off.
    So am I. Unlimited data for $5.99 since January 6.

It seems to me that some people are stuck with $30 data plans and WISH everyone would have to pay that too.

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    sorta off topic, but if anybody can answer this, that'd be great.

I'm planning on driving to the U.S for some shopping and was wondering if AT&T will just sell me the Nexus One outright for the $529 no questions asked, or would they make me sign up to a plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeovi
    sorta off topic, but if anybody can answer this, that'd be great.

I'm planning on driving to the U.S for some shopping and was wondering if AT&T will just sell me the Nexus One outright for the $529 no questions asked, or would they make me sign up to a plan?
    You misread the title of the thread. AT&T does not sell the Nexus One in any of their stores or even online as it is not an official phone from them. The title means that there is a version available with the AT&T/Rogers 3G frequencies (UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz). The first Nexus one was only available with T-Mobile USA's 3G frequencies (UMTS 900/AWS/2100 MHz).

The Nexus One is made by HTC for Google and Google sells it online only.
    You can buy it online directly from Google (click on the link below) and they will ship it to you in Canada.

http://www.google.com/phone
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    You misread the title of the thread. AT&T does not sell the Nexus One in any of their stores or even online as it is not an official phone from them. The title means that there is a version available with the AT&T/Rogers 3G frequencies (UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz). The first Nexus one was only available with T-Mobile USA's 3G frequencies (UMTS 900/AWS/2100 MHz).

The Nexus One is made by HTC for Google and Google sells it online only.
    You can buy it online directly from Google (click on the link below) and they will ship it to you in Canada.

http://www.google.com/phone
    The AT&T 3G frequencies are 850/1900 MHz and the T-Mobile AWS frequency is 1700 MHz. The UMTS 900 MHz and 2100 MHz are used in other parts of the world.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    nokias new n8 will support all 3G umts frequencies

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ymbian3.phone/

it becomes Nokia's first handset to use 802.11n Wi-Fi, and it unusually supports all five major 3G bands on HSPA, including those needed for AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i still wont believe that until i see it. i think they just mean that they will have different variants for all those frequencies. but i'd love to be proved wrong nokia!
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score
    I just wish the n8 would come out w/ a physical keyboard. I know every manufacturer is trying to imitate the iPhone but some of us need to be productive with our phones...

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    i still wont believe that until i see it. i think they just mean that they will have different variants for all those frequencies. but i'd love to be proved wrong nokia!
    Taken from the Nokia N8 SAR report, see image below:

http://www.xti9.com/pics/NokiaN8.jpg
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    nice bravo Nokia, its a first in the industry penta-band 3g radio!

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    nice bravo Nokia, its a first in the industry penta-band 3g radio!
    Mods, please ask these fellow Hofo members to stay on thread topic. Oh, wait, Roger you Are a mod

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast