Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATT Nexus One Issues

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4, E51
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43
    What are the steps or special settings if any to get my AT&T Nexus one to work properly on AT&T including MMS and the fastest internet settings for the $30 a month smartphone data plan or does it work out of the box?
    You should not need to set the APN or connection settings manually. All settings should automagically be configured for you once it detects an ATT SIM card.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43
    What are the steps or special settings if any to get my AT&T Nexus one to work properly on AT&T including MMS and the fastest internet settings for the $30 a month smartphone data plan or does it work out of the box?
    nothing at all. just pop in your sim card and off you go.

anyway so far I have not received any text from att about switching to the 30 dollar data plan. been using my 15 dollar plan with no issues so far. for those who got the text, how long did it take before you got the text?
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed the n1 reception isn't as good as my Nokia E71. I also found that the screen iis a a little heat sensitive. If my finger is close to the sides of the screen the touch acts kinda funny. Still loving this phone

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom28
    I've noticed the n1 reception isn't as good as my Nokia E71. I also found that the screen iis a a little heat sensitive. If my finger is close to the sides of the screen the touch acts kinda funny. Still loving this phone
    Capacitive screens are electrical field sensetive. If you're grabbing around the edges, you're probably getting close enough to the screen to trigger the sensors.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    nothing at all. just pop in your sim card and off you go.

anyway so far I have not received any text from att about switching to the 30 dollar data plan. been using my 15 dollar plan with no issues so far. for those who got the text, how long did it take before you got the text?
    I've been also been using the phone for a few days now. Still no text.
    Still enjoying the $15 media plan

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone comment on how well the Nexus One holds onto the signal when switching from 3G to 2G as compared to the Iphone?

Any dropped call issues?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i think it holds signal just fine. but it seems like i am in the minority. everyone else says it drops signal sometimes and whatnot. so i dunno...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the at&t nexus one avoids edge like the plague. it would rather show you 0-1 bars of 3G than drop down to edge in my experience.
    My Blog

Phone History: Motorola Timeport P7389, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson T637, Motorola V620, Motorola RAZR V3i, Nokia E61, Nokia N73 ME, Samsung BlackJack, Nokia N95-2 8GB, Nokia E71-2, HTC G1

Device(s)
    Iphone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm well maybe that's a good thing.

Device(s)
    IPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I just force my Nexus One to W-CDMA mode only...it never drops to EDGE

When I first got the phone, it would drop the signal completely because I forced it to 3G only. It hasn't dropped at all since I rooted my phone and flashed it to Cyanogen

-----------

Current Phones: iPhone 6S Plus | Nexus 6P | Nexus 6 | Sony Z Ultra C6833 | iPhone 4S

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (2010 - ?)
    Feedback Score
    I drop almost every call in my office because I have poor 3G connectivity on the 1900 mhz band. The iPhone would move the call over to EDGE with no problems (okay, maybe one drop a week) but the Nexus One it "ain't havin none of that EDGE" stuff. :/ At least EDGE works!

Stupid phone! And don't even get me started on the touchscreen. I type over 40 wpm on the iPhone but on this thing, I get transfered back to the homescreen or I accidentally press "back" because the touch sensitive buttons are too sensitive. Then when I want to press the touch sensitive buttons, say when the phone is laying down on a table, they won't work. So stupid!

I went to authorize the Astrid task manager app, and the web form wouldn't let me change my username after I had typed it. So I redid the process but I got a window saying "Force close?" Then I went into YouTube and searched for a video, but my network dropped, so I tried again, and it said "Java exception."

Seriously? I am running screaming from this thing!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i dont know what or how i did anything, but my nexus one signal issues have disappeared long ago. or maybe i just got used to them, but i've not dropped calls or data connections. couldnt be happier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2