Thread: ATT Nexus One Issues

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4, E51
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

ATT Nexus One Issues

Hello, all.

As another one of my posts state, I was using the Tmobile Nexus One and just received the ATT Nexus One.

Houston (Milwaukee), we have a(many) problem(s).

1. Signal quality. Although my Tmobile N1 was using an ATT sim and therefore only receiving EDGE, it WAS able to hold on to a signal. I wish I could say the same for the ATT version.

2. Google Maps live wallpaper cannot find my location, although every other mapping program finds it perfect.

3. Apps I paid for and was using with the Tmobile version are not even available to download from the marketplace:
    Weatherbug Elite
    NBA Gametime Lite
    Sporting News NFL
    DroidLive Pro
    E!
    Fandango
    Picsay Pro
    TV.COM

All in all, I am not off to a good start.

Curious as to your experiences.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i have the att version and the nexus holds onto a signal just fine, identical to my n97. my house only gets 1 bar of EDGE, and at the end of my street i get 3G. the nexus received 3g at exact same spot as my n97.

same going into my work building, the elevator we lose signal. the nexus has no problems. you are gonna have to learn to not totally block the bottom antenna. my n97 and e71 was the same way, if i hold the bottom, the signal disappears completely. nexus is no different.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4, E51
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Have you tried the Google Maps Live Wallpaper? Or do you have access to all the same apps? I would assume we should since the Android version is exactly the same.

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Assume you in the Milw. area. Me too. Are you in a fringe ATT 3g zone or solid. Just curious as I'm thinking of switching from the 3GS to this. Thx!

Mike

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    #3 is an issue with the android market not recognizing the at&t nexus one as a valid device to access copy protected apps. its pretty amazing google didnt see this coming and make the appropriate changes to the market for launch but hopefully they fix it soon. id call 1-888-48-NEXUS just so they get more calls regarding this issue and fix it faster.
    My Blog

Phone History: Motorola Timeport P7389, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson T637, Motorola V620, Motorola RAZR V3i, Nokia E61, Nokia N73 ME, Samsung BlackJack, Nokia N95-2 8GB, Nokia E71-2, HTC G1

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    today i had a problem with my nexus, and i've seen a youtube video of this same problem. basically the touch screen input is off when trying to type a text message with the on screen keyboard. when i press the letter G it thinks i'm pressing the space bar. a reboot fixed the problem and i guess cleared it out of memory.

so i had my nexus going for about 24 hours when this problem first appeared. i booted up my nexus yesterday when i first received the phone, and left it running until this morning when this problem appeared. i'm not sure if its a random bug that google will fix, or if its something i installed. or maybe it appears after a certain amount of texts are in the messaging app. but either way i rebooted the phone, the issue was gone, and i deleted some texts anyway.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    from what i read on the android market help forums, at&t users should be able to access copy protected apps now. can anyone confirm with an app like fandango?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    today i had a problem with my nexus, and i've seen a youtube video of this same problem. basically the touch screen input is off when trying to type a text message with the on screen keyboard. when i press the letter G it thinks i'm pressing the space bar. a reboot fixed the problem and i guess cleared it out of memory.

so i had my nexus going for about 24 hours when this problem first appeared. i booted up my nexus yesterday when i first received the phone, and left it running until this morning when this problem appeared. i'm not sure if its a random bug that google will fix, or if its something i installed. or maybe it appears after a certain amount of texts are in the messaging app. but either way i rebooted the phone, the issue was gone, and i deleted some texts anyway.
    i have had a similar issue on my t-mobile nexus one (happened only 2 times in about 3 months) where i was trying to type and the phone would keep registering a key press on the keyboard as pressing the capacitive menu button. i think locking and then unlocking the screen was able to fix it, if not a reboot will like you did. i have not had this issue for about a month now though and i dont know what caused it.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MENDEH
    from what i read on the android market help forums, at&t users should be able to access copy protected apps now. can anyone confirm with an app like fandango?

i have had a similar issue on my t-mobile nexus one (happened only 2 times in about 3 months) where i was trying to type and the phone would keep registering a key press on the keyboard as pressing the capacitive menu button. i think locking and then unlocking the screen was able to fix it, if not a reboot will like you did. i have not had this issue for about a month now though and i dont know what caused it.
    yes fandango is now showing up in the market on the att nexus one. so is it a good app worth downloading?

Feedback Score
    yes fandango is now showing up in the market on the att nexus one. so is it a good app worth downloading?
    it's a decent app...you're probably better off with Flixster though...seems like it has more than just locations and movietimes like the Fandango app

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g black 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im in a great ATT 3g area...and i notice from time to time, i have no data for no reason...and the 3g is gone from the signal meter in the status bar. it comes back, but its really annoying, because i cant do anything with data for the few seconds i have no coverage, even though i have full bars of 3g coverage in my house...weird...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i actually just got my own at&t nexus one so i was able to verify as well.

and i agree, flixster (movies) is a good app as well. i was just using fandango as an example because i knew it was copy protected.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    The touch issue happens to me all the time. I don't know why. Just power screen off, then awake phone and it stops. Also notice it happens more while being charged with wall plug...

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4, E51
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, all the apps that I originally posted about are now available in the market.

Feedback Score
    What are the steps or special settings if any to get my AT&T Nexus one to work properly on AT&T including MMS and the fastest internet settings for the $30 a month smartphone data plan or does it work out of the box?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just wanted to note that my at&t nexus one has much better build quality than my t-mobile one. the battery door fits better and the sleep wake button on my new one doesnt feel like its going to break either.

Quote Originally Posted by locust43
    What are the steps or special settings if any to get my AT&T Nexus one to work properly on AT&T including MMS and the fastest internet settings for the $30 a month smartphone data plan or does it work out of the box?
    1. put sim card in the nexus one
    2. start using it

done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast