Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name your pluses/minus' since you upgraded to WM 6.5 w/Sense 2.5...

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Name your pluses/minus' since you upgraded to WM 6.5 w/Sense 2.5...

Coming from Mightyrom 6.5, I notice my signal strength went from 2-3bars max to now the full 5-6bars. One thing I miss is the wi/fi router app. My friend that works at Sprint Repair center repairing phones said that he is sure someones working on a cab for it.

How about you all??

Tell us which rom you came from whether it be stock oem 6.1 or something else and what you think improved or where they missed the mark.
    Desmond,
    Wilmington, NC

Motorola I60c---> Motorola I860---> Blackberry 7100i---> Palm Treo 700wx---> Samsung Instinct---> HTC Touch Pro---> HTC Touch Pro 2---> HTC EVO 4G (present)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The screen lock is definitely my biggest plus! No more pocket or case dialing!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Have to qualify my above plus... I have used third party and/or the built in password locks, but the newest standard screen lock IMHO, is the best option...

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddiokno
    Is anyone having trouble waking the phone back up? I press the pwr button constantly. The green status lights blinking but if i wait a few min. it awakes.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    Have to qualify my above plus... I have used third party and/or the built in password locks, but the newest standard screen lock IMHO, is the best option...
    I agree somewhat. I wont even bother with S2U2 this time around. Even though S2U2's ability to read SMS, etc right from the lock screen was nice, at least they have some form of notification (and instant retrieval) beyond the blinking light.

Is there any way to remap the soft keys on the home screen. The old 112 and 113 registry hacks don't seem to be working.

Device(s)
    Siemens S 55
    Carrier(s)
    o2 Deutschland, T-Mobile Deutschland
    Feedback Score
    +1 This is by far the best feature.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anfbro25
    Is anyone having trouble waking the phone back up? I press the pwr button constantly. The green status lights blinking but if i wait a few min. it awakes.
    Hmmm, did you reinstall any of your old programs that might be in conflict with the new OS? I haven't (knock on wood) experienced this yet... but Murphy's Law indicates that it will probably happen shortly after this post!

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, did you reinstall any of your old programs that might be in conflict with the new OS? I haven't (knock on wood) experienced this yet... but Murphy's Law indicates that it will probably happen shortly after this post!
    only programs from microsoft app store.

Feedback Score
    I'm liking it a lot.

I was NOT a fan of 6.5 as it was being a PITA when getting Google Sync & ActiveSync to play nicely. Now that it's all set up, I'm good to go with it. It feels nice to be "up to par" in OS now.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronhurd
    +1 This is by far the best feature.
    Really?

Before, in 6.1, all I had done was turn the End key into a quick list shortcut. Hold it down for a jiffy, get a pop-up, click "lock". Worked quite slick.

Feedback Score
    As I mentioned earlier I got this:
    "We're sorry" "Problem with cprog.exe" ???

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    I'm liking it a lot.

I was NOT a fan of 6.5 as it was being a PITA when getting Google Sync & ActiveSync to play nicely. Now that it's all set up, I'm good to go with it. It feels nice to be "up to par" in OS now.

Really?

Before, in 6.1, all I had done was turn the End key into a quick list shortcut. Hold it down for a jiffy, get a pop-up, click "lock". Worked quite slick.
    Glad you're liking it a lot, I am, too, for the most part, although I still prefer the SPB Mobile Shell, so I have reinstalled it for the nice interface and widgets.

I think one of the differences between the "lock" feature in 6.1 and 6.5 is that in 6.1, it would unlock when pulled out of a case (especially with magnetic closures)... whereas the new lock in 6.5 does not unlock, it will light up, but you still have to "slide-to-unlock". What would happen to a number of people using the lock in 6.1 is that their phones would get unlocked with shifts in the cases and dial numbers or start various applications (basically not staying locked). The new lock feature in 6.5 also works by holding down the end key (if you have set the button up to do that). For those not using cases with the magnetic clips, this wasn't much of an issue.

Device(s)
    Siemens S 55
    Carrier(s)
    o2 Deutschland, T-Mobile Deutschland
    Feedback Score
    I also like that I can open more than two tabs in the web browser.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronhurd
    I also like that I can open more than two tabs in the web browser.
    Not that it matters now for you, but this was configurable in Opera before the update.

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    Touch pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    CAn anyone tell me if there is a regular slide to lock..I dont wanna keep putting in numbers to unlock my phone. I was sure that it did. If so please tell how to access it. Thanks
    May the good Lord smile on you today.....

Feedback Score
    I guess nobody else has experienced my probem re the "error cprog.exe" message. During the day I get this message comig back from time and time and each time the phone asks my permission to send a report to MS.

Any suggestions as to my alternatives? Is it worth dropping by a Sprint Office. Would they give me the time of day re a firmware upgrade problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast