Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Name your pluses/minus' since you upgraded to WM 6.5 w/Sense 2.5...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I guess nobody else has experienced my probem re the "error cprog.exe" message. During the day I get this message comig back from time and time and each time the phone asks my permission to send a report to MS.

Any suggestions as to my alternatives? Is it worth dropping by a Sprint Office. Would they give me the time of day re a firmware upgrade problem?
    Sorry if you already advised of this, but have you tried re-flashing the ROM? Perhaps download the ROM again, then re-flash?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2
    Sorry if you already advised of this, but have you tried re-flashing the ROM? Perhaps download the ROM again, then re-flash?
    No I haven't tried that yet. I was waiting to here if mine was a oneoff experience.

Device(s)
    Touch pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    When i had the problem of the frezz up i just reflashed and did a hard reset after that. I missed the hard reset part the first time...im sure thats what my prob was.
    May the good Lord smile on you today.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by onelord
    CAn anyone tell me if there is a regular slide to lock..I dont wanna keep putting in numbers to unlock my phone. I was sure that it did. If so please tell how to access it. Thanks
    Yup, it is my favorite feature of 6.5. Go to settings ---> personal ---> buttons. Select the "long press end key" tab, select the bullet for "lock device". This will lock the device and give you the "slide to unlock" feature you are looking for. I am really loving it, as I used to use the numerical lock (basically because the other lock under 6.1 didn't keep it locked when removing it from my case).

Hope this helps,
    david

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klimb22
    I agree somewhat. I wont even bother with S2U2 this time around. Even though S2U2's ability to read SMS, etc right from the lock screen was nice, at least they have some form of notification (and instant retrieval) beyond the blinking light.

Is there any way to remap the soft keys on the home screen. The old 112 and 113 registry hacks don't seem to be working.

There are registry hacks but there is also a cab to turn the home screen left soft tab to lock instead of phone. Post if you want that feature.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Should i reflash for my phne not being able to wake-up sometimes pressing the power button. its random but hate it. Someone else posted the same issue.
    Desmond,
    Wilmington, NC

Motorola I60c---> Motorola I860---> Blackberry 7100i---> Palm Treo 700wx---> Samsung Instinct---> HTC Touch Pro---> HTC Touch Pro 2---> HTC EVO 4G (present)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Earglued
    There are registry hacks but there is also a cab to turn the home screen left soft tab to lock instead of phone. Post if you want that feature.
    I already changed it to bring up Opera Mini. No one has figured out how to change the right soft key though.

Device(s)
    Sprint Touch; Centro; Treo 650; Samsung I500; Sanyo-8100
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I guess nobody else has experienced my probem re the "error cprog.exe" message. During the day I get this message comig back from time and time and each time the phone asks my permission to send a report to MS.

Any suggestions as to my alternatives? Is it worth dropping by a Sprint Office. Would they give me the time of day re a firmware upgrade problem?
    If you haven't already reflashed, you might try to turn off error reporting. I had this issue constantly with my touch w 6.1 and MobileShell. turning off error reporting fixed the issue for me. It is in Settings|System
    demonZ3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demonZ3
    If you haven't already reflashed, you might try to turn off error reporting. I had this issue constantly with my touch w 6.1 and MobileShell. turning off error reporting fixed the issue for me. It is in Settings|System
    Hi and thanks I appreciate the follow up.
    In fact the problem I had was worse than error reporting. Some functionality seemed to go away like text messaging and the battery was running down within 10 hours. Also active sync was acting up which was a real nuisance re the proposed re-flash.
    So this weekend I spent the time to push the re-flash everything and wonders I am now fully functional
    Thanks again.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    isn't cprog.exe the name of the default dialer? (dialpad interface)

I think it is... I believe that is what I put in the registry to make one of the bottom soft buttons to be the phone dialpad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2