Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Palm Pre Smartphone Plan Discount?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If I could buy a Pre, get my discount, toss the Pre up on ebay and keep using my Hero... good deal. It seems like a big risk though.
    My Bell Plan - $50 No SAF
    200 Minutes | 6pm E&W | National Fab 5 | Call Display | Voicemail | 500MB Data | 100 SMS

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scouzer View Post
    If I could buy a Pre, get my discount, toss the Pre up on ebay and keep using my Hero... good deal. It seems like a big risk though.
    I don't believe this will work as the Pre is on CDMA and Hero is on HSPA. I don't believe it would "slip" by or even if it is possible to do online?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I picked up a Pre at The Source last week and I got a couple of decent deals:
    (Of course I had to sign a deal with the Devil (3 yrs) but whatever)

- $25 value plan (100 daytime/Unltd 6pm+, weekends, plus the usual unlimited 6 months local calling)
    - Free Phone
    - UNLIMITED DATA FOR $15/month! (No tethering, but still..)
    - $75 in-store credit (no Pre accessories, but at least my printer is happy)

Through a self-serve app you can download from the Palm store, you can get a "Fun10" plan which for $10 gives you
    Call Display
    Message Centre Express
    100 Sent txts (NA only)
    Unlimited received txts

It's probably not as good as what you'd get from retentions (eventually), but for $50, that's not a bad deal off the street.

Feedback Score
    Hey everyone i'm sorry for ressurecting an old thread, but I was just wondering if anyone tried to move their $15 Pre discount to an HSPA phone/blackberry?
    When I called bell customer service they said that it would only work with the pre, and if I brought another phone over the discount would disappear.
    I really appreciate the help I just want to make sure I will still get the discount before I buy a new blackberry.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    I called in yesterday to switch to a HP Veer. Was reassured by the agent that my code will not be taken away, but I checked eCare last night it indeed was.

Time to call in I guess.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    Update on this, I just got my last bill, the code was still there and my discount is retained.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4