Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: LG Fathom VS750 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here's my Hands-On Preview of the LG Fathom

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Hand...e-a_11490.html
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Here's my Hands-On Preview of the LG Fathom

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Hand...e-a_11490.html
    Does the camera have a flash?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zanix
    Does the camera have a flash?
    No, as I said in the preview "There is also a 3.2MP autofocus camera, though it lacks an LED flash."

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    No, as I said in the preview "There is also a 3.2MP autofocus camera, though it lacks an LED flash."
    Darn! Why would a phone mfg not add a camera flash to their camera? My LG Env2 and Env3 both have flash. That is disappointing.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Env2 doesn't have flash.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oooh, thanks. I thought this phone was going to have S-Class. I am interested to see how it stacks up compared to a TP2.

Especially since this could be the last WinMo phone Verizon puts out, no? I really have no idea, but what else is in the pipes?
    How is it that we give up houses, businesses and bank accounts when we want a divorce but can't part with a couple of hundred bucks to find cellphone bliss?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DP102288
    Oooh, thanks. I thought this phone was going to have S-Class. I am interested to see how it stacks up compared to a TP2.

Especially since this could be the last WinMo phone Verizon puts out, no? I really have no idea, but what else is in the pipes?
    I would not be suprised if that is the last WinMo 6.5 phone you see on Verizon. We schedule roadmaps with them every so often where we get heads up on some things under NDA. (So I couldn't tell you specifics anyway) but even their roadmaps don't go out that far. (At least the ones they show their corp customers.) They are pimping the HTC Incredible hard core.. even though it doesn't do exchange policy data-at-rest encryption, which is a requirement for a lot of companies in the financial market.
    That's what she said!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here's my review of the LG Fathom:
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/LG-F...ew-r_2448.html

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zanix
    Darn! Why would a phone mfg not add a camera flash to their camera? My LG Env2 and Env3 both have flash. That is disappointing.
    Because, those little tiny phone-camera flashes are only good for a distance of a couple of feet anyway. And... they drain the battery quickly. Just not worth a hoot. Who takes pictures at two feet anyway? I know, probably everyone on Howard Forums

-Frank

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DP102288
    I am interested to see how it stacks up compared to a TP2.
    Beyond those things which are really just personal preference, the big hardware difference is the 1G processor.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S
    Because, those little tiny phone-camera flashes are only good for a distance of a couple of feet anyway. And... they drain the battery quickly. Just not worth a hoot. Who takes pictures at two feet anyway? I know, probably everyone on Howard Forums

-Frank
    You should see the camera on the Omnia, that thing can light up an entire room and it's probably one of my favorite features of the phone (even just to use it as a flashlight, although the camera is great too).
    As for the Fathom, it does a decent job of skinning WinMo 6.5 to make it look fairly modern and professional, and the speed looks good as well from what I can see in video reviews. But all things considered, it's still a WM phone and with the lack of widespread third party support like Android or iPhone, I can't see too many people buying these unless some business needs WM for whatever reason. Too bad, since the hardware is pretty good.

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I played with a Fathom recently. I really liked it for what it is. It's a winmo device with an actual fast processor. I like Winmo 6.5.. I think the slide to unlock seems a little small in comparison to the rest of the phone and wish they had gone with something more like s2u2. It clips along very nicely and if I was still doing the windows thing this device would be at the top of my list.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    I played with a Fathom recently. I really liked it for what it is. It's a winmo device with an actual fast processor. I like Winmo 6.5.. I think the slide to unlock seems a little small in comparison to the rest of the phone and wish they had gone with something more like s2u2. It clips along very nicely and if I was still doing the windows thing this device would be at the top of my list.
    I would tend to agree.
    If the Fathom came out a year ago (before the Droid launch), then it would be a nice WinMo phone. But as of now, I wouldn't buy one, its too late on the market. If it were me, I'd would of had LG wait until WinPhone 7 was out and release the Fathom with that (instead of 6.5) and have a capacitive display instead of the resistive.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My concern is that WinPhone is not a follow-on to WinMobile. If I have to start all over again (all new apps, etc), there is no advantage with WinPhone over any other OS like Android.

If the Fathom is WinMobile's last hurrah at VZW, it might be worth it just to gain two more years out of all my WinMobile apps I use and like. Then I will re-evaluate the OS's again in 2012 (will Microsoft abandon WinPhone users like it is WinMobile users??).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    If the Fathom is WinMobile's last hurrah at VZW, it might be worth it just to gain two more years out of all my WinMobile apps I use and like. Then I will re-evaluate the OS's again in 2012 (will Microsoft abandon WinPhone users like it is WinMobile users??).
    While I feel the exact same way (this is the last WinMo phone), I keep reading the Microsoft will support Windows Mobile, alongside Windows Phone, for at least some time. I am very interested to see how this (dual OS support) pans out.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast